Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam View Post
    Haven't they done away with the old rumble though? I think this is just a straight up replacement and will be used all the time. Will be interesting to see how it translates the older rumble in back compat games to the new haptics.
    Yep haptics only for duelsense.

Comment

I've not really found a good use for them, other than draining my battery.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        We’re still playing games with dual analogue pads and buttons on a TV screen so it’s not like the forthcoming generation will bring any fundamental changes to games. As QC said VR is the biggest change in years and I hope PSVR2 is at the forefront of Sony’s plans for the PS5.
        Honestly, if they announce the PS5 is coming out of the gate with an upgraded PSVR that is wireless - like how I run my Oculus Quest over wifi to play VR PC games, maybe using proprietary tech like how the WiiU's gamepad worked... I would honestly queue up for all that on day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Honestly, if they announce the PS5 is coming out of the gate with an upgraded PSVR that is wireless - like how I run my Oculus Quest over wifi to play VR PC games, maybe using proprietary tech like how the WiiU's gamepad worked... I would honestly queue up for all that on day 1.
          Hopfully that would mean Half-Life VR would be ported and looking amazing on the PS V

Comment

That would be incredible if the next gen PSVR was wireless.

I don't see it coming at launch at all though. Xmas 2021 at the earliest I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              That would be incredible if the next gen PSVR was wireless.

I don't see it coming at launch at all though. Xmas 2021 at the earliest I reckon.
              Need to give the console time to grow a user base. Especially if there are going to be supply issues.

The more I think about it the more I think, despite earlier statements, that I will get one as close to launch as possible.

Just the thought of playing TLOU2 or Ghost of Tsushima on something quieter than a jet is too enticing a proposition.

Comment

I've said it before but the architecture of the PS5 really does lend itself to VR. I'd like to think it's a big part of it.

Comment

I am gonna get one at launch. Having now bought a new television, and only currently owning a base PS4 and Bone, I want a machine that can push 4K graphics.

I was torn initially between the Series X and the PS5, but to be honest I'm all in on PS5 now. I think there is a greater likelihood it'll have exclusives I want (e.g. Kojima stuff, this rumoured Silent Hill game), and all of my friends are on PlayStation, which has been a pain in the arse the last couple of years while I've been mostly Xbox. I recently had to spend £25 on a copy of Golf With Your Friends and a 1 month PS+ sub to play with them, when it was free on Game Pass!

The first game I will play on the machine is going to be Cyberpunk 2077 via BC - provided it works, crossing fingers and toes it does - though. I'm under no illusions that it'll be a heavily boosted PS4 early on.

Comment

It's from 4Chan but the new rumour is that Sony will confirm the PS5 reveal has been set for 12 June

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Just seen a rumour that the new date is 12th June (next Friday).
                      Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      It's from 4Chan but the new rumour is that Sony will confirm the PS5 reveal has been set for 12 June
                      Jinx!!

Comment

I thought 'hpw did I miss that?' only to flick back and realise thre pages of talk about race, flops and blue balls had happened since I last checked this thread!

Comment

Yeah that would tempt me and I'm only certain of buying a Series X right now. To me mainstream VR will only be worth it when it's full wireless, affordable and has some AAA titles.

Obviously the PC has made huge strides towards this in hardware and with Half-life Alyx also showing what can be done on the software side.

I'll be honest I'm disappointed MS continues to take a wait and see approach on this, though kinect surely has them being cautious. No doubt if VR takes off the Series X would get something... But I can see how the PS5 SSD tech would lend a hand to making VR really work well for better experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            Yeah that would tempt me and I'm only certain of buying a Series X right now. To me mainstream VR will only be worth it when it's full wireless, affordable and has some AAA titles.
                            The experience offered by the Oculus Quest is fantastic; there's no technological reason why not, at this stage. It's all down to the will of the platform holders.

Comment

The experience offered by the Oculus Quest is fantastic; there's no technological reason why not, at this stage. It's all down to the will of the platform holders.
                              [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] Just out of interest, have you tried Oculus Link with that Quest?

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                                @Asura Just out of interest, have you tried Oculus Link with that Quest?
                                I have, but I found that it didn't work very well; I think it's an issue with my USB ports, despite the fact that I have one literally labeled as for use with VR.

I use the community-made wireless method, which is a bit awkward as you have to go through steps to put the headset in developer mode first, and my PC isn't quite as powerful as it could be, but it works really well once you're all set up. It's fantastic to have PC-quality VR games running through it wirelessly.

That being said, in some respects the PSVR still has the crown; the software is extremely good (in general), and critically, because it's running on a console (a single-purpose device with releases harshly gated by Sony themselves) the performance on it is very consistent. I would much prefer a PSVR2 that worked in the manner I currently use my Quest, instead of a Quest 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X