No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When they get to 10 they should cal it PSXXX and plaster it with titty dancers and whatever else was in the ****ty xxx bmx game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/10/25/...-5-predictions

I don't like this video, it's too long and the guy is annoying. However he makes a good point about Bluetooth. The controller has too much information trying to pass through Bluetooth and its too laggy. The Xbox has its own proprietary wireless connection and its silky smooth. My guess is that the PS5 will ditch Bluetooth for its own wireless connection. Thats probably why the V2 DS4 has a lagless wired connection, because the only way it will work on the PS5, and keep up with the new DS5, is wired.
      Part of me thinks they might stay with Bluetooth, for the same reason they went with Memory Sticks on the PSVita - something to do with parity across the whole corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        I'm waiting for the PS10 Pro though...
        I won't pre-order until 24k support is confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Part of me thinks they might stay with Bluetooth, for the same reason they went with Memory Sticks on the PSVita - something to do with parity across the whole corporation.
          Id say they will move on from Bluetooth for the next duel shock. After all they are selling a lot more consoles than anything else now, everything else the company does now will follow.

Comment

Yeeessss, except that the Vita didn't use Memory Sticks, it used its own proprietary format. Only the PSP used actual Memory Sticks (Pro Duo ones).

The Vita ones can't actually be used on anything except Vita.

Not sure about Bluetooth pads for the PS5, but I hope to god you can link Bluetooth headphones. I really don't get why that feature is lacking from all three consoles this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Not sure about Bluetooth pads for the PS5, but I hope to god you can link Bluetooth headphones. I really don't get why that feature is lacking from all three consoles this generation.
              So that they can sell you all of the officially approved peripherals at a premium and those are your only option.

Comment

The Vita ones can't actually be used on anything except Vita.
                That right? Wow. I assumed they worked with Sony's camcorders or something.

Comment

Isn't it in part due to latency?

You need something like aptX low latency support. At least with the PS4 you can buy a USB Bluetooth dongle. Xbox One's complete inability to support USB audio options is something I'd love to see changed with Scarlett. Not that I don't agree with your point. In an ideal world these consoles would all support Bluetooth and USB audio options.

Although that means Astro or Plantronics et all can't sell their overpriced Xbox only headsets to us.

Comment

Yeah, they’re purely Vita only. Not compatible with anything else at all.

Comment

Yeah, they’re purely Vita only. Not compatible with anything else at all.
                      Well I learned something new today.

Comment

Perhaps you are thinking about XQD cards, Sony helped to develop them, they are used in high end camcorders and cameras. Super fast and super tough but also super expensive.

Never had any issues with them whereas in comparison I have had problems with SD's.

XQD's are being replaced with CFexpress, similar form factor but even faster.

Comment

Playstation CEO talks about the future of Sony and the PS5.

Many talking about streamlining Sony etc, but a couple of PS5 bits:

'As we move towards the next-generation in 2020, one of our tasks -- probably our main task -- is to take that community (100mil ps4 users) and transition it from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, and at a scale and pace that we've never delivered on before'

My guess is that they'll be looking for a 'plug-and-play' style upgrade, where you can just pick up where you left off on the PS5...if you download the game you were playing...and your save files have been backed up to the cloud (which mine regularly fail).

and

'One thing that makes me particularly optimistic that what we're hearing from developers and publishers, is the ease in which they are able to get code running on PlayStation 5 is way beyond any experience they've had on any other PlayStation platform.'

Not sure what this means, but if its easy to get things running thats good I guess. I mean the PS3 was meant to be a dog to develop for, but the PS4 I would assume is relatively easy.

Comment

Some fairly senior reshufflings going on at Sony lately. Earlier this week Gio Corsi announced his departure, and now today it's come out that Shuhei Yoshida is taking on a new role leading a new indie dev initiative, ushering in Herman Hulst from Guerilla as head of Worldwide Studios.

Comment

Throughout the console wars, every generation has a winner. Sony’s first two iterations of the PlayStation dominated the marketplaces when they came out, but the seventh generation of the console wars proved a fairly even playing field with both the Xbox 360 and PS3 selling a bit over 80 million units each while the Wii […]

Sony aims to transition PS4 players to PS5 at a faster rate than previous generational transitions

Comment

MS made that that mistake with the original xbox.

Comment

Working...
                                X