No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In contrast to Ted and TA, I’m massively curious to see how it looks. Show meeeeeeeeeee.

Comment

Obviously the games is where it's at. I would love to see the console too.

Hopjng for some new IPs. I can't think of one Sony first party game this gen I've really enjoyed (and PS is my main console). Although I'm interested in Ghost of Tsushima (which I've noticed, I maybe one of few lol).

Comment

Yeah given the colour scheme of the controller I really want to see the console hardware.

Some new IP games would be good but I feel this will probably be more about known franchise updates like Spiderman 2 and Horizon 2...

Comment

Lots of talk online that the music that accompanies the tweet is the new console boot sound.

Comment

Rumours on Resetera that PS5 is going to be a biggie...PS5 doesn't look like Xbox Series X, "very fat", almost twice as fat as PS4 Pro

- final design doesn't look like anything that has been leaked before
            - PS5 has one unique detail, nobody talked about it because Sony most likely can track down the leaker if it actually leaks
            - Sony didn't unveil all the secrets of PS5, they should announce at least one software feature - "it was briefly talked about in Western press but nobody paid enough attention"
            - design-wise PS5 doesn't look like Xbox Series X at all nor does it look like a smart speaker. It's a traditional console: it's a flat, square, symmetrical box with rounded edges
            - at the same time PS5 is "very fat", almost twice as fat as PS4 Pro

Comment

So it's flat while at the same time being twice as fat as PS4 Pro?

Erm...

Comment

Lots of debate around the validity of the rumour. Whether it's entirely fictional, somewhat correct or 100% spot on we should find out soon. Just thought they were interesting.

Comment

I just hope it was designed around running cool and quiet over form. Hearing it might be big is reassuring. Or maybe Sony just want to hog all the space under the telly. One block to rule them all.

Comment

Cerny did say "we think you'll be very happy with our cooling solution" in a way that could be taken as endearing or creepy depending on your frame of mind at the time.
                    Last edited by teddymeow; 31-05-2020, 13:01.

Comment

Likely to be proven wrong but the idea of PS5 being twice as fat as a Pro seems unlikely given how thick the Pro already is.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Likely to be proven wrong but the idea of PS5 being twice as fat as a Pro seems unlikely given how thick the Pro already is.
                        Considering how big the Series X is, I wouldn't be surprised for the PS5 to have a rather large volume.

Comment

Perhaps it's going to be made out of a solid block of aluminum and be water cooled.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            I just hope it was designed around running cool and quiet over form. Hearing it might be big is reassuring. Or maybe Sony just want to hog all the space under the telly. One block to rule them all.
                            Just like the old OG Xbox ..couldn't careless about it size or looks. It was super quite and reliable for such a powerful system

Comment

I don't personally care much about looks although smaller is obviously easier to find space for. I do care more about acoustics and would prefer a quieter machine.

That said with XSX I already know I can't have the consoles immediately in front of the TV as I do now with PS4 Pro/XBX. Going to have to look at shelving or moving stuff around which is a bit irritating.
                              Last edited by Digfox; 31-05-2020, 14:16.

Comment

I've heard the five controllers are attached by 6.3m cables.

Comment

Working...
                                X