Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    How so? 360 games didn't install to the HDD.
    They did after MS brought out the new model 360 and users could use 3rd party HD and MS allowed users the option of installing the games to the HD and I think raised the Live Arcade limit to 2 Gig

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      If anyone thinks these consoles are going to be “aggressively priced” thier in for a shock. Aggressive will be £450, minimum.

£500 is the most likely price.
      That is aggressively priced for what you're getting. I think the series X will come in at £450.

Comment

I'm expecting a battle to £399.99. The tech is borderline a footnote from a consumer angle. Recession + unemployment + tough market to launch in = hard fight to get a foothold in the market. No console has done well launching in the £400+ region and nothing tells me that has changed, either both take a hit to get it low or the one who goes north of £400 concedes the generation.

Comment

That's a really valid point. Especially with how the year has gone and is going this year players won't be willing to drop a small fortune on a new console unless you have savings and are chomping at the bit. When consoles start to hit the £400-£500 price range buyers start thinking about whether it'd be worthwhile getting a PC and playing on that going forwards.

£399.99 should be the limit but we'll see what MS/Sony settles on in the next few months.
          Last edited by Paddy; 21-05-2020, 11:55.

Comment

Yeah, regardless of the tech, it’s ultimately a new Xbox and PlayStation. It’s a luxury toy effectively. I think once all the initial pent up demand is spent post-launch, they will struggle at a £450+ price point.

£350 would be the price that would really move them, honestly, but I don’t think they’ll go that low.

Comment

People buying systems within the first few months of launch aren’t too bothered about price. I think we’ll see a price cut by the end if 2021 once the early adopter demand is satisfied.

Comment

The PS5 will probably sell out anyway. Getting an amazon order is probably best this time around. Im not trusting Game to be in business!

Comment

That’s a fair point my local Game has been advertised for sale for months. I’ll maybe just go to Currys instead.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    People buying systems within the first few months of launch aren’t too bothered about price. I think we’ll see a price cut by the end if 2021 once the early adopter demand is satisfied.
                    Always the way boss... Never been any different

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                      No, the rumours are Sony have acquired rights to Silent Hill and are making the game - not sure which studio.
                      Some more rumors about this. It could be true.
                      Apparently Sony Japan and Toyama is doing it. Konami passed around the IP a few years ago, not to buy but to create a new one with their name on it. Wait and see I guess.

Comment

It has been said they are resurrecting an old franchise so it could well be true

Comment

I would rather them try and ressurect silent hill rather than metal gear. The recent resident evil games have been well received so I think there's a renewed interest in the genre.

Metal Gear Solid though, with Kojima... Surely that isn't going to work out? Unless they've bought the rights to it and draft him back in without Konami going anywhere near it?

Comment

Latest rumours suggest June 3rd reveal

Comment

From 13 July new PS4 games must also run on PS5

Comment

Alarm bells.

“Updates to existing games "strongly recommended" to add compatibility.”

Comment

Working...
                                X