No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation 5: Extra Big for Extra Cooling!

Comment

I fail to see a connection to the PS5 but I'll put this here anyway.

Comment

I've had a thought kicking around for a while that I thought I'd share.
        There are rumours that Sony will announce the PS5 in February 2020. I also see games like FF7 Remake, Watch-dogs, Cyberpunk, Avengers being released in March/april. Its likely Last of Us 2 will land in February/March and I'd be surprised if Ghosts of Tsushima didn't launch around then too.
        Are we looking at a March 2020 release for the PS5 to hook up with the next generation versions of these games?
        We know the ps2 launched in March in Japan and it didn't impact sales. Also by the time November comes round for the release of the next Xbox Sony could have sold half million units.
        I just have a spider-sense tingle that it's lining up for March. What do you guys think?

Comment

latest rumour suggests it will release in two versions

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            What do you guys think?
            I imagine Sony aren't 100% finalised, although I would guess it's more likely to be 2nd half of 2020.

Comment

No way it'll be before the latter half of next year.

Comment

I just can't help but think that it will be 20 years since the launch of the PS2, their biggest selling console, and they'll go for the same date 20th March.

Comment

I'm all in on November 2020 - Recreating the PS4 success. With full backwards compatibility launching aside PS4 key titles will be more harmful than helpful too, the last thing Sony wants to do is the perpetuate any impression that the PS5 is just another Pro model.

Most recent rumour has Last of Us Part II down for a late Feb release which would make a May release for Ghosts of Tsushima as the the last PS4 key exclusive make sense. Any further big titles would then be for the PS5 launch which makes sense given Sony have actively avoided announcing any for a long while now.

As for 2 models, it's possible but unlikely. The base model would immediately look like a lame duck, especially when Sony will already have the job of trying to communicate the power difference between PS4 Pro/XBX and PS5. Also, selling a Pro model for core gamers at launch is a redundant ploy. Whenever these rumours come up it's worth focusing on how PS4 Pro/Xbox X really have been small fries this gen, it's arguable the audience isn't there and that's when the base models are old.

Sony could do a 'base' and 'pro' model, like X360 with its core etc versions where one has more hard drive space and a different look but given the target power there's nowhere for a Base/Pro spectrum to exist with PS5 yet.

Comment

Speculation that PS5 and Xbox 4 both feature cameras.

Jesus Christ not that nonsense again. Early advice to both? Cut it and knock $30 off the RRP.

Comment

Just love them snoopins

Comment

It's one of those things that if it's an optional peripheral it's neither here nor there but if it's mandatory it's literally repeating the Kinect XBO failure again. I can only assume it's a redundant optional peripheral as making it core to the system grates completely against MS's ambitions for Game Pass and xCloud.

Comment

Love how the PS5 is looking like a 4x4 PC Engine.

Comment

Having the dev PS5 with a camera makes sense if they are developing VR games and such.
                            Not sure why MS would have one unless they are going down the VR route too. I could actually see them saying that all (or some) PCVR systems work with it. Saves them developing one themselves and keeps them aligned to PC games.
                            I can't see anyone saying its mandatory, no one wants to go down that path again.

Comment

It's like the 360 never happened.. When that was in development MS were making BIG plans for the Camera . In today's Social climate and where people love to people playing games , it's makes sense for both

Comment

To me any camera accessory is likely for legacy VR support, video calling and streaming (better integration).

Comment

Working...
                                X