Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    Anyone else not feeling excited for the next gen? Apart from a maybe a Souls remake, I'm not feeling that Christmas excitement yet. I'm a PlayStation fan. Maybe it's my age (44), but can't be getting in these big long story games where gameplay feels like it's in the passenger seats.
    To be fair, I never really jumped up to the PS4 and I'm not seeing anything so far which is convincing me. I'm having more fun doing my own "next gen" thing with VR.

Comment

Sony are said to be ramping up production targeting 10m units for November/December

Comment

Dualsense hands on.

Comment

The bit where he said you have to blow onto the controller, I couldn’t roll my eyes hard enough, sounds like gimmick city.
          Sony party will be all over it and third parties won't care after the first year.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
            The bit where he said you have to blow onto the controller, I couldn’t roll my eyes hard enough, sounds like gimmick city.
            Sony party will be all over it and third parties won't care after the first year.
            It's just using the mic like the DS did. I mean it's nice, but it will be completely unused. I guess it's just showing the functionality.
            Its a pointless video really.

Comment

Yup, nothing new to see with that vid. Really hope the slow tease willy waving for MS and Sony ends soon.

Comment

He made it sound like the trigger have a force feedback where you kind of fight with them to press them. That sounded quite cool.

Comment

Yeah the triggers have resistance. I'd be scared to fight them too hard and break the mechanism.

Comment

I'm fully betting it's no different to XBO or Switch where it's made zero difference to game experiences. But then, Sony has never done innovation with their controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      I'm fully betting it's no different to XBO or Switch where it's made zero difference to game experiences. But then, Sony has never done innovation with their controllers.
                      It'll be the same as the pressure-sensitive buttons or the touch pad, or the Light bar or the speaker.
                      Or the Impulse triggers on Xbox One.
                      You'll get a bunch of launch titles that use them, mainly the exclusives.
                      Then Nothing
                      Then every so often, something will use them and you will remember it again.

Comment

It's a shame. It's not Sony or MS fault. They add features to the controllers and no one uses them.

Comment

Maybe there's another studio that does but I feel like Media Molecule are the only obes who consistently make use of all functionality in every game

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Yeah it's interesting tech but really you know developers won't make much use of it, especially if they're making a cross platform title.

I think the triggers on the Xbox right now are fine but I think only Forza uses them really well.

I like the new controller, especially like that it's heavier. The past dual shock controllers have all felt a bit light to me. I also really disliked the dual shock 4 triggers and shoulder buttons... So this looks like it could possibly be a major improvement for me personally.

Comment

The triggers should be fairly easy to use for driving and shooting, you'd think. Sony could even provide code libraries for different guns, cars etc

Comment

There was rumours that the battery in the duel sense was much much larger than the ds4 for improved run time, though theres been no confirmation of that as yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X