Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
    do it, they just released the last DLC (move editor). the problem might come from the expensive other DLC, £7 to £25 for official juniors, stardam's crew, management mode (expanded stuff on the stuff they put out only in the GBA titles), entrance craft, body part craft and suda's story mode.

getting new wrestlers, arenas, refs and moves is quite easy, load through a website on a PC or use the internal PS4 website (meh) to search what you want, you'll sub to a edit you want and it will auto update any changes creator makes when you 1st load the game up, you'll find them pooled to together in team edit to be moved in to other promotions or stables. To stop any updates or to be able to rename japanese language only edits you need to copy the data to a spare slot (5000+) and save, then make the names/move/appearance/stat changes, had to do that with a alot of the old BIG japan wrestlers and today niche japanese indie promotions.

New move editor is crazy good and free right now, only dlc i didn't get was entrance and body part craft which can result in some full edits not working one you've downloaded them (they'll be darkened names in the menu you can't use but you an open up edit and full copy to a new slot and replace the offending part.)
    You are obviously well into it! Thanks for the detailed post. The base game looks pretty hefty but the creator stuff is another level. Is management mode any good? I like that idea.

Comment

I've never been into wrestling games and I took a punt on Fire Pro a little while ago when it was on sale and I haven't looked back. For 13 quid you can't really go wrong. It's ace, plays great and the amount of content you can essentially get for free is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        You are obviously well into it! Thanks for the detailed post. The base game looks pretty hefty but the creator stuff is another level. Is management mode any good? I like that idea.
        its decent and takes some time to get into, you an play,sim, skip any match and a few bugs around pulling in fresh edit data some times, but basically you pick the size of the promotion you want, get a budget and train you default wrestlers to be tomorrows stars, set matches up, heels and faces, what stables, aim for getting the right matches rules and wrestlers for the right crowds, hire out of contract pro's, loan and dual promotion with other places, upgrade back room staff and the company (like doctors, gym, scouting, PR).

no real need to go into the direct editing you an get thousands of edits from the website service, let others spend hours making it, the most you need to do is setup promotions and stables to stick them into.

toughest thing to do if get a grip of the grapple and strikes, sticking it on level 3 will give a tiny amount of challenge so you learn the important the hidden stats (like playing with stacked dice rolls) of being fresh, building up to big moves, style matches up, compatibility with the wrestlers main and defensive abilities in combination with level in skills (1 to 10) sets up auto counters, stamina loss on repeat and strong moves, recovery from hits and limb damage reduction, damage from your signature and finishers, and thats not getting into superstar kills.

thankfully the majority of real wrestler makers, do go by the strength levels set by spikes own reactions, so 100-150 low card, 150-200 mid card (IRS, doink the clown), 200-250 main event(Cena, young flair) and 300 for legends (andre, misawa, kobashi)

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
          I like my Mario in slow motion, dammit.
          My cousin never forgave me for introducing him to 60Hz games. He stopped playing Tekken 2 after he saw how fast it was in 60Hz. But I never had a PlayStation so that wasn't even my fault. He saw it running at CeX.

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          dude, use yahoo shopping or Amazon. You can get import games the same or cheaper than domestic release. Just bought the Last of Us 2 US release and Siants Row 3rd Remastered on Xbox One X for 5600 yen.
          I did buy the US version of Lego Jurassic World from Amazon JP because it was cheaper than UK/US PSN at the time. And you're right that imports are usually cheaper than domestic versions, but they're cheaper still on PSN by the time I finally get around to buying them

Comment

Sony patent regarding PS1/PS2 & PS3 backward compatibility via the cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              via the cloud.
              The irony

Comment

The power of the cloud has finally reached full potential on PlayStation.

Comment

“We have a solution for backwards compatibility, it’s called the cloud”

Comment

This and a discless SKU. Sony's idea of how to go about backward compatibility doesn't excite me.

Comment

As long as ps4 games work I think thats the main thing. BC has always been a bit of a novelty. There are a handful of ps3 games I'd want to revisit; fewer ps2 (besides all the 2d fighters).

Comment

Anyone remember that method they had for transferring PSP games from the disc version to the digital-only Go?

Comment

PS5's game cases, look like whiter PS4 cases

Comment

Given the hugely complicated nature of the PS2&3 architecture, hardware bc is never going to happen. Software route was always going to be the only solution long term.

PS4 is already confirmed as hardware bc so thats all that really matters.

Comment

Anyone else not feeling excited for the next gen? Apart from a maybe a Souls remake, I'm not feeling that Christmas excitement yet. I'm a PlayStation fan. Maybe it's my age (44), but can't be getting in these big long story games where gameplay feels like it's in the passenger seats.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                                Anyone else not feeling excited for the next gen? Apart from a maybe a Souls remake, I'm not feeling that Christmas excitement yet. I'm a PlayStation fan. Maybe it's my age (44), but can't be getting in these big long story games where gameplay feels like it's in the passenger seats.
                                Im excited about the PS5; Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon, Resident Evil 8, dirt 5 and Demons souls all look fantastic and then there are games like doom eternal and cyberpunk which will be upgraded for the new systems. The series x though im not too fussed about as I already have a one x and all of MS first party stuff will be cross-gen so theres no real need for me to get one anytime soon. With Sony’s games likely to be PS5 exclusive, getting a PS5 is more of a priority than upgrading to a series x.

Comment

Working...
                                X