No announcement yet.

Let's listen to some great Megadrive music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just amazing. This is the work of the guy doing the Xeno Crisis soundtrack.
    Last edited by CMcK; 24-03-2018, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
      Compare Lotus 2 soundtrack on Amiga to Lotus Challenge on MegaDrive. Cannon Fodder, Desert Strike and Flashback are but more examples where there is a clear gulf between the two platforms in terms of music quality.
      I think its all do with the MD soundchip and its lack of channels for samples, it wasn't that much more of a step up over the Mark III with FM add-on really. I think Jon Burton covers it well and his code usually upstaged anything from Japan on the MD

Comment

Here are a couple of MD tunes that I enjoy listening to.

Comment

I’m just playing through Star Odyssey at the minute and felt compelled to post this as I find it really catchy tune:

Has that really early Mega Drive sound to it which is almost midi-like, but don’t let that out you off listening as it’s a good ‘un!

Edit: updated broken link
          Last edited by samanosuke; 09-01-2022, 10:05.

Comment

I’m just playing through Star Odyssey at the minute and felt compelled to post this as I find it really catchy tune:

Has that really early Mega Drive sound to it which is almost midi-like, but don’t let that out you off listening as it’s a good ‘un!
            Very basic sounds but a good tune overall.

Comment

I thought it was far too basic, but then the 'bells' kick in at around 0:37 and it becomes a really captivating tune.

Comment

I've just discovered this site which lets you play back the MD VGMs in browser, but my favourite part is being able to click on the composer names and see what else they were involved with.

Project2612 - Sega Megadrive music archive

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  I've just discovered this site which lets you play back the MD VGMs in browser, but my favourite part is being able to click on the composer names and see what else they were involved with.

Can’t seem to hear anything from my iPhone unfortunately.

Comment

So a couple of weeks back my copy of Demons of Asteborg arrived and it boasts an amazing soundtrack. I’ve only played the first couple of levels but it’s immediately apparent that the composer drew inspiration from the likes of Castlevania and Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts:

Comment

Can’t seem to hear anything from my iPhone unfortunately.
                      Ah no. Works on my Android phone. You tried through Chrome browser?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

Hehe, been an avid user of that site for years. Excellent resource for sure. There's also another visit in the same style but aimed at arcade systems mostly.

Comment

Working...
                        X