Soul Calibur VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Yep, I agree with that. And that ties into another problem I had with those later games which is that they seemed to put so much effort into what felt like extras at the expense of the core game. Some of the modes I enjoyed but, each time, the core felt weaker.
    Yeah; I've said it before but I think Namco treat Tekken as their "serious" fighter and Soul Calibur as their "wacky, anything goes" fighter.

I would much prefer to reverse that, because to me, Tekken was already "wacky" Virtua Fighter.

Sega need to make a new Last Bronx.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Sega need to make a new Last Bronx.
      That is something I would very much like to see happen. The premise of these different fighters from street gangs around Tokyo facing off against each other was pretty great. I also loved the intro for the Saturn version (I think it captures the early 90s vibe perfectly). Double the roster and give it a current-gen look and we're onto a winner.

Comment

Looks like 2 characters have leaked, apparently Namco sent the wrong build of the game to a tournament haha! They are taking the footage down fast, but these 2 links worked for me.

alternate: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av30851700/

It's Cervantes and Raphael

Last edited by Adam; 01-09-2018, 10:34.

Comment

Well not far off crystal Siegfried there. The Bayformers school of design of filling every available space regardless of whether the stuff you’re chucking on matches the rest. Unless these are made from a multitude of create a character pieces rather than being deliberately designed?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Well not far off crystal Siegfried there. The Bayformers school of design of filling every available space regardless of whether the stuff you’re chucking on matches the rest. Unless these are made from a multitude of create a character pieces rather than being deliberately designed?
            Y'know, when they announced this, saying it was a sort-of reboot that mashes together Soul Calibur I&II I seriously considered placing a pre-order. Even when they announced Geralt - as I haven't played The Witcher but I have nothing aginst it, I was still up for it.

In the last month the announcement and images have just killed my excitement. Every announcement just gets worse, including splintering the product into parts I have to buy even though the game is already going to be full price... I know some people might be fine with "season pass" stuff but I held out on getting a PS4 until a few weeks ago so I've never bought one before, and this game isn't the one that's going to get me to start.

<goes and looks again at whether Dead or Alive 6 has a release date yet>

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Y'know, when they announced this, saying it was a sort-of reboot that mashes together Soul Calibur I&II I seriously considered placing a pre-order. Even when they announced Geralt - as I haven't played The Witcher but I have nothing aginst it, I was still up for it.

In the last month the announcement and images have just killed my excitement. Every announcement just gets worse, including splintering the product into parts I have to buy even though the game is already going to be full price... I know some people might be fine with "season pass" stuff but I held out on getting a PS4 until a few weeks ago so I've never bought one before, and this game isn't the one that's going to get me to start.

<goes and looks again at whether Dead or Alive 6 has a release date yet>
              Couldn't agree more, it's just looks like SC with better Gfx. A lot like how VF 5 looked more of the same only with better Gfx. At lest DOA 6 is showing off some imagination and some stage desgin skill in its backgrounds....

Totally lacking in this, but will have to wait to see how it plays, I guess

Comment

Thanks for the video. It was good to see how these two characters are looking in the most recent installment.

Although I'm not a fan of Namco adding a season pass to the game I'd understand if there are more guest characters in the game. I know it'll piss some fans off but there's always an opportunity that there might be a future character pass that will allow them to add more legacy characters (just give me Hilde or the ability to create a lookalike in character creation and I'll be happy).
                Last edited by Paddy; 03-09-2018, 10:56.

Comment

The Season Pass doesn't bother me so much, Tekken 7 was good regardless of its pass and the characters that were tied to it were neither here nor there in the end. Hopefully the end game simply has the quality of play and character of SC

Comment

Tekken 7's season pass demonstrates my point quite well. It allows players access to the guest characters which in this case are Geese Howard from Garou Densetsu and Noctis from FFXV (I think players got Eliza from Tekken Revolution as well but she's a former Tekken character, so). The season pass and the DLC characters were also in a recent PSN sale which made them cheaper to pick up (I dipped for Geese as I thought it was more reasonable to pay the £3.50 or whatever the price was to add him to the roster).

I think I'm trying to say that Namco should do the same thing with Soul Calibur VI. Here's a thought though. What if they're promoting Tira as a DLC character but there's a way to unlock her through playing the game (its just that Namco hasn't announced it in order to drive purchases of the season pass?) I could totally see this happening and although it would frustrate fans it would mean that Tira is available to use in the game, just not behind a paywall anymore.

Comment

Inferno reveal, but you can’t use him online...

Comment

From what I'm seeing, the character creation tool is a terrible, terrible thing. A perfect way of breaking all atmosphere created in the game.

Comment

I didn't like the customisation in the last one either, I'd gut it from the franchise completely

Comment

The developers have taken a leaf out of Capcom's book and made the characters just 'functions'. Most players are going to create a custom character with only the original character's moveset identifiable. The moment they included custom characters is the time the franchise went down the toilet. Soul Calibur used to be about epic feeling with larger than life individuals not this random character generator.

The game does look great and probably plays great too but Soul Calibur always felt more than that and it's a feeling that has been lost over the years.

Comment

Some issues I've seen pop up on streams: custom characters don't have the same technical ability as the original characters do. Example, someone created a fat Sophitia and couldn't finish the same combos original Sophitia could. Peeps are now worried this migh work in reverse, where customs have access to more options because they are smaller or something, it remains to be seen but it aint good either way lol

Comment

SoulCalibur IV includes the most robust custom character creation tool in series history. The game’s only been out for four days, and already the internet is flooded with twisted player creations, and not all of them have giant fake cocks.

NSFW (so wrong):

Comment

Working...
                                X