No announcement yet.

Soul Calibur VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. All that. This game is now a toilet.

Comment

Had a very quick go of this yesterday, the gameplay feels pretty fluid and nice but man... the game reeks, reeks of budget

Comment

Wait, do you mean it reeks of a high budget or a low budget?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          This game is now a toilet.
          The stains of history

Comment

Low, it's like the in game visuals aren't that great, UE4 is doing a lot of the heavy lifting but even then it doesn't feel anywhere near as polished as Tekken 7. All the menu's, story sequences, cutscenes etc also have a low animated style that would look a little cheap even in an indie production. The director of the game had said Namco was wary of making another entry and the game gives the immediate impression that they kept resources to a minimum as well. I suppose they were right though, the early reports of sales being heavily down in the UK and Japan for the game mean it's looking likely it will be the final entry Namco ever produce.

Comment

Those character creation monstrosities look like they would have take a lot of both art resources and coding resources to make work. I would have redirected that money for one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                Low, it's like the in game visuals aren't that great, UE4 is doing a lot of the heavy lifting but even then it doesn't feel anywhere near as polished as Tekken 7. All the menu's, story sequences, cutscenes etc also have a low animated style that would look a little cheap even in an indie production. The director of the game had said Namco was wary of making another entry and the game gives the immediate impression that they kept resources to a minimum as well. I suppose they were right though, the early reports of sales being heavily down in the UK and Japan for the game mean it's looking likely it will be the final entry Namco ever produce.
                I could live with that, if I'm honest. I love the series, but I also don't think Namco have ever given it the pride of place it deserves.

I think Calibur is way better than Tekken. I mean, I've loved the Tekken games over the years but the first Calibur still feels like the best fighter that Namco have ever produced - maybe Calibur II is superior in one aspect, as I feel it has a slightly better character balance.

I get why they prefer Tekken, because that game has done a great job of crafting its own identity, and it has persisted when its competitor VF has pretty much bit the dust. Tekken's gameplay is pretty unique. However, I'll always prefer Calibur and I wish Namco could just drop the gimmicks.

Comment

That's the thing, they read the market after SC5 saw sales slide and thought interest was falling but didn't seem to factor in that this coincided with when they started to mess with the franchise formula the most. SC4 naturally expanded from SC3 because the series went multi-platform and rammed Star Wars characters in there. You go from that to a sequel that pushed awful customisation aspects that removed the series identity and Ezio, a character who - well, doesn't carry as much weight as his predecessor guests.

Tekken has pretty much always shown a good model on what makes for a popular Namco fighter, they're generous, often good looking with lots of MP and SP content, lavish openings and endings etc. Soul Calibur has cut back on that progressively as it's gone on and for V even started replacing characters with less appealing off-spring. Then Namco follows it up with the god awful Wii game and that failed Free to Play title, no wonder it's hard to drum up interest now.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    That's the thing, they read the market after SC5 saw sales slide and thought interest was falling but didn't seem to factor in that this coincided with when they started to mess with the franchise formula the most. SC4 naturally expanded from SC3 because the series went multi-platform and rammed Star Wars characters in there. You go from that to a sequel that pushed awful customisation aspects that removed the series identity and Ezio, a character who - well, doesn't carry as much weight as his predecessor guests.
                    Thing is, I think SCIV actually dropped off from SCIII. 3 had that whole RPG/strategy mode thing, an extensive character-creation system and a version of the Edge Master mode like in 2. 4 and 5 didn't have the Edge Master mode, which was just bizarre as was one of Soul Blade, SC and SCII's best features.

I didn't like III that much because I don't like character generators or customisable costumes in traditional fighting games. It's a feature that is of no interest to me. That being said, some people obviously like it.

IV had some kind of mode about climbing a tower, I think? But it had none of the interest of Calibur's Edge Master mode.

Comment

I'm going to pick up Soul Calibur 6 when its a little cheaper but I here the issues written in the topic. The settings for the stages are nice but at the same time they seem a little barren (as in there isn't much going on in the background unlike some of the earlier SC entries).

Maybe SC6 was put out to see if there's still a decent fanbase for the series. There's always an opportunity to expand the roster and make it feel like a fuller numbered entry, true to what the series means for many of its long-term fans.

Comment

Really not sure what to make of this

to me would be like fallout 4 having a dragon lol

Comment

Is she paid DLC? Might get this now if not lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Is she paid DLC? Might get this now if not lol
                            Think someone mentioned part of the season pass/Dlc.

Got to say i still think Bandai Namco are testing the waters for Tekken Vs Streetfighter. Tekken 7 with characters who play different and including super meters like Akuma, and the amount of crossovers they are doing what with t7 s6 and Jumpforce
                            Last edited by eastyy; 27-10-2018, 18:21.

Comment

Working...
                            X