Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atari VCS: "I feel rather fine..." BONK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Nowadays Atari is not a name i associate with anything of quality. Kind of ironic considering what Atari means in japanese
    Atari was never a name associated with quality IMO.

Comment

Never since the Amstrad Emailer have I seen a product that looks so doomed to failure, to the point of being suspicious. Is it meant to fail for some kind of tax reason? Like "The Producers".

Comment

We do need more consoles with woodgrain though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Well i hope they all aren't expecting anything for that money as nothing will come of this it will just get dragged out for years then just vanish the fact they used indienogo is telling as it's pretty much a dumping ground for scam artists.
            Could be worse, they could have invested in Atari Tokens (Their crypto offering - it fell 70% the day after the IPO).

After having promised to ship them in October they, of course, didn't ship. They have a photo of some pallets on the Indiegogo, but really they could be a photo of anything. Now they're promising they'll be shipped out week of 16th Nov (If you see Sid, tell him).

Comment

PS5 hunters, abandon your quest! The Atari VCS will formally launch on 15 June for $299.99 (base console), $399.99 (All in one console) and $59.99 for controllers. This beast of a machine can consistently deliver 4K visuals at 60fps on such mighty exclusives as seen in its new trailer:

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/06...-is-this-month
                PS5 hunters, abandon your quest! The Atari VCS will formally launch on 15 June for $299.99 (base console), $399.99 (All in one console) and $59.99 for controllers. This beast of a machine can consistently deliver 4K visuals at 60fps on such mighty exclusives as seen in its new trailer:

Lol, what a sack of cack.

Comment

Another console lost to history.
                  I thought it was a joke trailer at first.

Comment

Just seems like another one of these doomed consoles to go on a YouTube video of failed consoles.

I will give them some credit that the trailer seems to consist of things I've never heard of and I think it would have been interesting if they'd released it as a console aimed primarily at independent developers with lots of exclusives, but the price is just insane.

They should have taken inspiration from the real VCS and had it be a modest and very affordable system. Basic specs and £99, could have carved out a niche. Thinking they can compete with "proper" systems is just delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                      Basic specs and £99, could have carved out a niche. Thinking they can compete with "proper" systems is just delusional.
                      It is basic specs, it's running on a now ancient AMD ZEN 1 architecture CPU (the R1606G as I posted a further up a while back) meant for embedded system, so low power, low performance. It should be £99.

Comment

Rise, thread, for thy namesake is not dead yet!

But soon it might be. After a 92% drop in year-on-year hardware revenue, Atari are going to "[suspensed] direct hardware manufacturing relationships" for the VCS, and make no mention of starting new ones. But they intend to make "new hardware complementary to the Atari VCS with partners under licensing contracts", which might mean new accessories for a console that generated slight more than $200,000 during the past fiscal year.

HALF-YEAR 2022/2023 RESULTSCONTINUED TRANSFORMATION EFFORTS STRATEGIC REPOSITIONING OF ALL FOUR LINES OF BUSINESSTENDER OFFER PROJECT FROM IRATA PARIS,...
                        Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 19-12-2022, 20:03.

Comment

Notably, an increase of 2 million in losses for the quarter (now at $5.4). They also seem to hold nearly a million in cypto currency, most of which is in Etherium. Been mining on all those unsold Atari VCS machines .

Comment

I had forgotten all about the VCS. Did they even try to push it at all? I saw almost nothing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              Notably, an increase of 2 million in losses for the quarter (now at $5.4). They also seem to hold nearly a million in cypto currency, most of which is in Etherium. Been mining on all those unsold Atari VCS machines .
                              Whole thing screams of SCAM, just another way for people with no money and a s**t eating grin to drain actual cash from people that do.

Did this start as a kickstarter as well?

Comment

How is it a scam? The units were delivered to those that paid for them, it's just a bad product.

Comment

Working...
                                X