Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atari VCS: "I feel rather fine..." BONK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atari VCS: "I feel rather fine..." BONK.

The Great Database Debacle brought the forum back in time, but I never thought so much!
    OK, jokes aside you might remember that Atari were trying to bring a new console to life, but details were scant. well, details are still scant but Atari shown a protorype of that console, called Atari VCS, at the GDC. The protorype comes with the classic Atari one-button joystick as well as a more modern joypad.
    Techincal details point out to some kind of AMD APU, online capabilities, and a Linux OS; the console will be able to play old Atari games as well as modern PC games, but with the price point floating between $250 and $300 don't expect the bleeding edge of graphics.
    And...that's about it. Atari are going on with its new console but still have to offer some solid plan.
    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 19-12-2022, 19:55.

Is it VCS or CVS like the thread title?

Comment

It’s VCS...

Comment

Still the best response to this is:

Comment

If it has Nvidia Shield like performance and support I may actually buy it. Looking for something with Netflix, Now TV, iPlayer and Amazon Prime which is surprisingly difficult. PS4 is the only thing that does everything but its not ideal to have it on all the time.

Comment

Title corrected...

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't being pedantic, I didn't know if they were cashing in on the old name or using something similar (but confusing!).

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                PS4 is the only thing that does everything but its not ideal to have it on all the time.
                Why not?
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Depends on your situation. My (roaring - when in-game) PS4 is under the main TV in the family living room. Leaving it on would get me eventually bin bagged.

Comment

PS4 is quiet when using the TV apps though. At least mine is. Games are a different story.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      Why not?
                      True. Bugger it, PS4 it is! I was thinking of longevity, not having a remote etc. It IS quite noisy even when using netflix but we have coped this long.

Speaking of which, the only remote I can find is this one:

which doesnt seem any better than using a DS4.
                      Last edited by cutmymilk; 21-03-2018, 11:39.

Comment

You can use your smart phone as a remote on PS4: https://www.howtogeek.com/258819/how...ur-smartphone/ (I'm not sure how integrated that is with media playback tbh as I've never used it - but it might be worth a look see).
                        Last edited by MartyG; 21-03-2018, 12:31.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          True. Bugger it, PS4 it is! I was thinking of longevity, not having a remote etc. It IS quite noisy even when using netflix but we have coped this long.

Speaking of which, the only remote I can find is this one:

which doesnt seem any better than using a DS4.
                          You can use your TV remote if you set up HDMI-CEC.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

This is all completely off topic, but pretty useful to know!
                            I'm going to try it tonight!

The Sony PlayStation 4 still doesn't have a dedicated remote control, but you can use your HDTV's remote. Here's how.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              This is all completely off topic, but pretty useful to know!
                              I'm going to try it tonight!

http://uk.pcmag.com/sony-playstation...ur-hdtv-remote
                              Great! I will try that even though I don't understand how my Panasonic could possibly work!

Comment

Working...
                              X