General gaming questions that aren't thread worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
    I've got the chance to buy a Sony PVM 2730QM cube monitor, anyone ever had one of these? How do they compare to other PVMs?
    They're older (early to mid 90s, I think) but I've always adored that design and also the image quality. It'll be a less fine image but will still be brilliant. Get a demo and see what you think maybe?

As for the OSSC/XRGB on a 4K TV, that depends entirely on how well the TV scales 1080p to 4K.

Comment

Thanks, pretty much set on it, although ive already got far too many CRTs hoarded away.

Comment

far too many CRTs hoarded away.
        No such thing Jamie!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
          No such thing Jamie!
          Tell that to my wife mate

Comment

Tell that to my wife mate
            Only if you tell my wife the same thing

Comment

Does anyone know what the shallowest base sanwa stick is? Modding a stick for my PCE but the case I’m using isn’t very deep. [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION] maybe?

Comment

I'd think it would be the JLF, which is the standard one!

Comment

What the heck is the appeal of the Batman/Arkham games on PS4? I just bought them and am bored out of my mind after 10 minutes of Asylum as its all just walk down corriders whilst mashing buttons to beat people up. Thats it? Sheeyt, it looks shiny but the gameplay is worse than Streets Of Rage.

You could say I was expecting a heck of a lot more from these titles.

Comment

A while back, a few people posted images in a thread of their arcade cabinet setups; a few people had a nice row of cabs.

Does anyone know where those posts were? Were they lost in the outage?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      A while back, a few people posted images in a thread of their arcade cabinet setups; a few people had a nice row of cabs.

Does anyone know where those posts were? Were they lost in the outage?
                      I remember being blown away by @Zaki Matar's amazing setup.
                      Any chance you could repost those pics again, Zakattack?
                      It was like "here's my television setup. Ignore the blue glow, that's the light coming from MY ENTIRE ARCADE IN MY LOUNGE!"

Also, somebody in Brum with the Guitar Hero setup and some cabs. Was that [MENTION=256]Gradius[/MENTION]?

My question:
                      Are there any decent games where you build a base and defend it from attack, maybe a day/night cycle.
                      Like Fallout 4's base building, but it's the whole point of the game rather than an extra.

Comment

I think I have them uploaded somewhere. Will dig them out You should request SuperMonkeyBall's arcade pics - jaw dropping!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I remember being blown away by @Zaki Matar's amazing setup.
                          Any chance you could repost those pics again, Zakattack?
                          It was like "here's my television setup. Ignore the blue glow, that's the light coming from MY ENTIRE ARCADE IN MY LOUNGE!"

Also, somebody in Brum with the Guitar Hero setup and some cabs. Was that [MENTION=256]Gradius[/MENTION]?

My question:
                          Are there any decent games where you build a base and defend it from attack, maybe a day/night cycle.
                          Like Fallout 4's base building, but it's the whole point of the game rather than an extra.
                          Reposted here

Comment

Anyone know what game this is please?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                              Anyone know what game this is please?

Looks like a mobile phone on a switch style dock for TV output + USB controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                Who was it who bought one of those hdmi scanline generator doofer? I think it was @capcom_suicide but it was lost in the recent forum issue. Just wondering if it was any good?
                                [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] those £25 Ebay ones? That was me, they don’t output sound over hdmi. Looked okay to me though apparently not ‘real’ scanlines.

Comment

Working...
                                X