This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Age Inquisition

I’m 70 odd hours into this now. No end in sight really. I’m a rogue assassin and I just take 3 mages with me everywhere, who are set up to freeze enemies and heal me if I get hurt but I have buffs that give me health when I make a kill and a backstab that instakills everything so apart from the odd huge mob instance I’m breezing through this now. Can’t wait for another dragon age.

Also playing original dragon age on my thinkpad. Not into variety lol.

Comment

I've been smashing Battlefield V - the new meat grinder map specifically. As I love operation metro I love this one. But I reckon I'll get sick of this one sooner. The thing about the Battlefield 4 version was that you could get epic long games where both teams swept back and forth up the map and you'd get incredibly tense and tight matches.

Also am completely addicted to Another Eden on my phone.

Comment

More Gears Judgment. Only managed a coupla hours today but have managed to polish off the first four 'testimonies' (comprising 28 stages). Don't think there's long now.

Gotta say this game looks this gen at many points. There was even this Saving Private Ryan-style boat approach beach section a few levels back that just nonchalantly knocked it out of the park.

It's a weird game because it's about the minor characters in GoW. It's more low key, trying not to be a celeb. And relies pretty much entirely on Horde Mode-type levels. So the stages always seem to spout into bossless arena bits giving it a bit of a reliable but beige personality.

But in terms of grunt it has the best tech of any GoW game on the 360 as it's the final one on the system. And it SHOWS. It's a more mundane experience but everything mundane you see looks *there*, solid, vivid, brilliantly-lit, almost hyperreal at points. It is 360 to the max. Epic.

Comment

Just installing GoW Ultimate Edition. Sod it, let's have a single player campaign GoW frenzy.

Gonna finish Judgment, then to Ultimate, then GoW4.

I've got the taste again. It just plays so well.

Comment

The photo mode on GT Sport is amazing, just got it on Friday and spent the today making a livery for my mini and taking a ton of photos.

Comment

Another newbie

Comment

Clocked GoW Judgment earlier. But not 'proper', it has a bit of unlockable DLC, a cut chapter from GoW3 called 'Aftermath'. I was expecting it to be tiny but over an hour later I'm on Section 4 and it spans many different levels so it's a nice little bonus and it's nice to go back to a non-Horde style (well, it's still kinda that...)

This Aftermath level is very strange. It's set after an apocalypse with glowing radiation-ghouls all over the shop. Section 2 has a dimly-lit shopping mall full of them. It almost channels Fallout.

Just at the start of Section 4. A destroyed city in stark sunshine with a lovely shiny russet/light grey/aquamariney typa colour scheme. One of the taller, skyscrapery buildings has this big ship on the roof that needs to be moved as part of the mission.

Hmmm. What does that remind me of?

Ohhhhh. Hang on...is this Fallout 4, mate? Even the lighting on this level, the *look*...it basically looks *exactly* like Fallout 4...but with better art design.

Spooky thing is this came out a year or two before Fallout IV. It's uncanny, it's so reminiscent.
                Last edited by JazzFunk; 07-10-2019, 01:40.

Comment

Proper finished it all now. Free chapter was good, though I can see why they cut it (the first three sections are quite generic, warehouses n' stuff then the Fallout 4 city bit comprises the last three sections and maybe goes on too long, despite looking niiiiice.)

It's not me being mental, I'm sure, but the end section culminates in you blasting the boat off the top of the skyscraper and there's a cutscene just before the game ends where all the characters are on the boat and I could SWEAR it was that same bit out of Fallout 4, it *feels* the same, it's weird.

Maybe it's just me? It just twisted my melon. Same feelz, completely different game, years apart.

Wonder if it's some kind of Easter egg, if someone at Bethesda was a fan of this or worked on this??...prob not but it's introduced some gremlins into the internal circuitry of my mental.

Comment

(By the way, I never elucidated this but I'm referring to a mission in Fallout 4 where there is a big boat suspended atop a skyscraper).

Comment

Beavering away at Shenmue II.

It's rather infuriating in parts, especially the nonsensical QTE plank-walking. I just looked online for a list of the button presses.

There are no fun minigames like the first game's forklift driving. Instead, you're carrying books. Apparently forklifts are back in Shenmue III so that's something to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        (By the way, I never elucidated this but I'm referring to a mission in Fallout 4 where there is a big boat suspended atop a skyscraper).
                        When playing Fallout 4, I kept seeing the airship in tip videos and wondered when it would come into play.

It turns out, really early on in the story, but because I'd been doing my own thing, exploring and looting, it was months into my play time before it appeared!

Played some Lego Marvel Avengers because it's something I can play with my son.
                        He gets frustrated that I'm smashing everything up, trying to get all the studs to buy characters and red bricks, I'm frustrated he's not. Ha ha ha!

In the end, we completed the game and the usual Lego game complaints remain. Sometimes you have to be in exactly the right spot to activate things or it's not clear what you're supposed to be doing.
                        Free roam is fun and there's dozens of things to find in New York. Quicksilver is a lot of fun, running so fast he can run up the side of buildings!

After he'd gone to bed, I freeplayed a couple of missions to get the stud multiplyer bonus red bricks, then get more studs to buy the next one, then buy a character to get another, then the next brick, then more studs until I had the 2x 4x and 6x multiplyers working together for a x48 bonus. Oh, what time is it?

Nearly 1am, FFS.

Comment

1am what a lightweight lol, I’m a regular 3:30am goto bed, wake up at 7:00am kind of person. allows you to get a lot of gaming in. Those 100 hour rpgs wont play themselves.

Comment

This week I want to crack deep into Metro: Exodus and my work time gaming will be on revisiting Devil May Cry

Comment

Behold my masterpiece! Taking the gospel on the road to all none believers!! MOHOHOHOAHAHAHAHAH!!

Comment

Working...
                              X