X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going through Gears 4 before 5 gets unwrapped tomorrow

Comment

Mate brought his PS4 round earlier, kicked off playing SPIDER-MAN, which was deece but basically no real advancement on SPIDER-MAN 2 on the GC and not really a 'killer ap' for the PS4 and it's only 30fps but I loved it, proper suave Spidey game and it's grrrreat!

Then onto FALLOUT 4. Never played the PS4 version before but it's practically the same as the XB1 version bar looking 9% cleaner. It still looks gash but is still a brilliantly fun game.

Comment

Bit of LIFE IS STRANGE on XB1. This and its follow-up (the prequel) were both £3-odd so I got them both and have to say I'm enjoying it very much, so far, despite it kicking off with a horrid guitar tune that made we wanna spew.

It's Dontnod, innit, I played their REMEMBER ME and it was really stylish and interesting and even though this is a completely different genre of game, they've still managed to include similar time-influencing mechanic used in RM. I like their games, they're a bit 'different'...and this is deffo that.

Just feeling a bit daunted by all the options and consequences...but I'm sure I'll grow to love it.

An added bonus is it's all a little bit Twin Peaksy (there's even a "fire walk with me" doodle in her journal). I don't really know what to expect at all with this game, it's sorta been on my radar for a long time, though, couldn't not give it a try at them prices!

Comment

Finally platinum'd Nioh and have now ,moved onto Spiderman.,

Nioh was pretty bloody good, some real difficulty spikes and I'm not going to lie I used some summons but I did solo most of it including those bullsh*t fights at the end v 2 bosses at a time.

Spidey is pretty good, loving swinging through Manhattan and fighting crime. The parkour is fantastic once you get used to it and combat is fun!

Comment

[QUOTE=JazzFunk;2344689]

It's Dontnod, innit, I played their REMEMBER ME and it was really stylish and interesting and even though this is a completely different genre of game, they've still managed to include similar time-influencing mechanic used in RM. I like their games, they're a bit 'different'...and this is deffo that.

I remember the devs working extra hard on giving the main character a superb-looking bubble butt (it looked good too). Otherwise the game was pretty decent in its own right.
            Last edited by Paddy; 31-12-2019, 16:28.

Comment

My Daughter and I completed Touryst - Absolute gem of a game! I have also been really enjoying the COOP spec ops
              missions on COD. Have managed 7 out of 8 missions. Closest to GRAW you can find these days. Mostly team spirited Randoms too.

Comment

Nearing the end of Chocobo's Dungeon on Switch. It's got that 'one more go' factor going for it even when you die mid-dungeon and lose all of your gear.

Comment

I have been playing Jedi Outcast on Switch. Honestly, large parts of it have been a real chore. It was designed for keyboard and mouse and not much has been done to adapt it for console. As a result, there are some weird oddities due to it needing fairly pixel perfect aiming on a system that can't really do pixel perfect aiming. For example, it's as easy to shoot someone a mile away as it is to shoot them when they are standing right in front of you, which gets very frustrating and feels a little silly when you're staring a Stormtrooper in the face and missing him as you shoot.

But it gets more fun when the Jedi powers open up (really, that should have been there from the start) and the lightsaber is fun to use. And importantly, the game has a good classic Star Wars feel.

But it's janky and needed optimisation for console that just didn't happen.

Comment

Stupid kids. Thought I'd get loads of Christmas gaming in, but they were in the play room with the consoles and projector so the only gaming I've done is a smidge of Streets of Rage 2 on Switch and DS and a load of Half-Life, which is still a phenomenal game.

Comment

Hardly did any gaming over Xmas due to having lots of work to do and also spending time with family.

Embarrassingly, I played more CoD: Mobile than anything else. It's a pretty addictive little time waster.

Comment

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild on Nintendo Switch. For some reason it's finally clicking with me. I couldn't get in to it when I first bought it on Wii U. It's bloody brilliant. Just exploring the open world and activating towers is great fun. I usually find open world games overwhelming but it has a great way of easing you in; it suits Switch perfectly because you can just grab it an put half hour in to get your fix any time. I've not enjoyed a game like this in years.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Hardly did any gaming over Xmas due to having lots of work to do and also spending time with family.
                          So just having lots of work to do, am I right? Eh? Am I right? You see, spending time with family IS work and that's what makes it funny in a mean-spirited sort of way but maybe kind of truthful at times and... aw, forget it...

Comment

My parents are awesome but, yeah, it's not as relaxing as lying wrapped in a bathrobe watching Rick and Morty slurping tea. I mean they like me to TALK to them and stuff. It's just rude!!

I didn't actually see any extended family. Too lazy. That really is work.

Comment

I'm playing Mario Odyssey again. It's great to go back to ... trying to find more moons per level this time. Probably my fave 3D Mario game.

Comment

I was sick as a dog, so only had a few hours of gaming. Finished Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. Played some Concrete Genie and probably four or five hours of Witcher 3 on Switch. Might be janky when compared with the big box consoles and PC versions but the convenience of being handheld is ace.

Comment

Working...
                                X