Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing to make my way through Pokemon X, it's taken me longer than expected to get through it, maybe because there's just so much to do? it's a bit overwhelming.

Currently at 6 badges and not too far from route 20 where I'll be able to evolve Eevee into Leafeon.

Comment

Gran Turismo Sport is £15.99 right now so I nabbed it. It’s gorgeous but such a shame the days of cool Feeder or Lenny Kravitz intros are gone. Not too keen on the music, either. But I’m glad they’ve made it leaner than recent entries. It was really getting out of hand! Spent ages playing with the photo mode, too. It’s a nice way to learn about photography

Some more Horizon Zero Dawn. Really great stuff.

Downloaded a bunch of demos, too:

KOF was fun and the DS4 dpad is much better than the ones before. I’m going to mod my PS3 TE stick for games like this.
      Doom is insane. It’s been ages since I’ve played a 60fps shooter. Love the melee kills.
      I also tried Resident Evil 7 which scares the pants off me and I haven’t even seen any people/monsters/etc.
      Gravel is fast and fun, but I had trouble seeing things because of the frame rate.
      Lastly, Project Cars 2 which I deleted after a few minutes in case it made me regret buying GT Sport!

Comment

My son keeps talking about portals for some reason, so I dug out the Orange Box, installed it on the One, booted the 360 and copied the save file to the cloud. (Although I started a new game).

I showed him Portal (I guess you saw that coming) and got him involved with what I was doing and helping me solve the puzzles, although it gets tricky, fast. He was in hysterics when I did a hole on the floor and ceiling and kept falling through. He was also engrossed by the story, squealing at the turrets shooting me and he felt we were being really naughty when we started sneaking around the backstage areas we weren't supposed to be in.

We then moved onto Mario, which felt really simplistic after the high-concept puzzling of Portal. Found a bunch of moons in New Donk City (did 50+ rope jumps on my first go...) and did some of the Bubblaine moons.

When he went to bed, I wanted to carry on with Portal, but thought I'd give him the choice if he wanted to carry on with me.

So instead, after watching some Netflix, I thought I'd put on something short to get to bed by 11, so tried Trials Fusion at 10:45...

12:15, I finally turn it off.

It's such a "one more go" game. [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION], you'd love this!
        Fader and [MENTION=8488]elaniel[/MENTION] have some good times and are hard to beat. [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION] was easy to beat on everything except the "no leaning" challenge, but I blazed his score by the end.

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION], you didn't even try with some of those times, mate!

Comment

I downloaded that game, played it for five minutes and deleted it again.

Comment

It's so funny, because I could see your times and I could almost picture you effing and jeffin' at the telly and just going "nope! Seeya!"

Comment

Aye, just not my kind of thing really, all I could see was frustration ahead so saved myself the irritation.

Comment

Finished my first play through of the Resi 7 demo. Is the proper game this scary? I was going to play through it again but my heart can’t handle it so I’ll play something milder like Doom, which I bought over the weekend.

I wish I could’ve got PT when I had the chance but I imagine I wouldn’t get far in that. Even the YT videos of it scared me! I was playing Resi 7 with the earphones but switched to Hifi to make it less scary. I can handle quite a lot but the constant threat of jump scares takes its toll.

Comment

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Splatoon 2. Bayonetta. Dark Souls III. Same as always, really.

Comment

Most of this weekend was spent on sound voltex IV heavenly haven, fast becomming my favourite music game, extremely tricky to master but i'm getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      Finished my first play through of the Resi 7 demo. Is the proper game this scary? I was going to play through it again but my heart can’t handle it so I’ll play something milder like Doom, which I bought over the weekend.

I wish I could’ve got PT when I had the chance but I imagine I wouldn’t get far in that. Even the YT videos of it scared me! I was playing Resi 7 with the earphones but switched to Hifi to make it less scary. I can handle quite a lot but the constant threat of jump scares takes its toll.
                      It is for about half the game and then it begins to lessen off the heavy horror approach a bit. Tense stuff though

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        sound voltex IV heavenly haven
                        That sounds like a cross between a robot and 1980s jazz mag...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          That sounds like a cross between a robot and 1980s jazz mag...

Comment

I could have bought loads in these E3 sales. I caved in and bought Elite Dangerous Horizons (XBO), God of War and Forza Motorsport 7. Just tried out FM7 and really enjoyed the little bit I've played. Although once again I've probably bought more than I can chew.

Also for some reason started up Wolfenstein: The New Order yesterday on PS4. Never completed it, so will see if I can get a bit further this time.

And finally over the past few weeks still spending time with The Elder Scrolls Online. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoy it. My Altmer Magicka Sorcerer is CP111 so getting closer to the CP160+ end-game.

Comment

Thanks, 'taku that looks insane!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Thanks, 'taku that looks insane!
                                it is, the arcade machine is amazing the thing is mesmerizing to watch. Even has a headphone socket so you can isolate yourself from the noise of the arcade. Only place in the uk that has one is arcade club in bury and i make frequent trips to play it, they have somehow mastered access to the e-amuse servers so they can get their bemani games online and net connected. Wish i lived closer as it's a music game treasure trove.

Comment

Working...
                                X