Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION], when you've finished the game, go back and do the achievement where you have to complete the game on Hardcore.
    It sounds tough, but it's a lot of fun and after months of playing it sensibly, it's hilarious to play it so differently, like you start as a woman with the Black Widow perk and cane about the map, discovering a handful of places to fast-travel to so you can zip about later.

Spoilers, obviously, so save this for when you've finished it:

Comment

Tried to play Control, but my daughter wanted to watch The Croods, so I literally walked into a building and walked through a metal detector.

So, my only thoughts thus far are it appears the Control HQ doesn't have any disabled staff as there are no ramps or lifts in the foyer.

Comment

Aka & Blue (Arcade) Brutal difficulty, but I can't stop playing it in my limited spare time (and I need to finish Death Stranding!).

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION], when you've finished the game, go back and do the achievement where you have to complete the game on Hardcore.
          It sounds tough, but it's a lot of fun and after months of playing it sensibly, it's hilarious to play it so differently, like you start as a woman with the Black Widow perk and cane about the map, discovering a handful of places to fast-travel to so you can zip about later.

Spoilers, obviously, so save this for when you've finished it:
          It's definitely one of the very few games I've considered playing in such a mode, it's a keeper, I know for certain once I finish it I'll be getting major hankerings to go back to it after a few months (like with Fallout 4).

I like all the sunshine in this Fallout, even though it's 95% the same game as Fallout 3, it really has a different, brighter mood that makes it feel fun.

At the mo, got a fetish for sitting on benches and watching the world go by...or rather NOT go by...because I've shot everybody and took their caps to help for some enhancing surgery down the medical centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            Aka & Blue (Arcade) Brutal difficulty, but I can't stop playing it in my limited spare time (and I need to finish Death Stranding!).
            I have this, but the poor person iPhone version, not the fancy millionaire arcade edition. It's a bloody awesome game.

Comment

I finished Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil. It’s good. Like the main game, the end hell section is the most lifeless part of the game so I didn’t feel it ended on a high but, overall, it’s an enjoyable game. And as an expansion, it’s nicely short and somehow, even though it’s in pretty much the same place and with many of the same enemies, it doesn’t just feel like I’ve played through it already in the main game. I think that might be down to a bit less of the enemies behind you thing and more being straightforward. Anyway, a good expansion to a good game.

198X up next.

Comment

Hyper Sentinel.
                A bit confused how it works. According to the instructions, changing directions makes you dodge too but I'm unsure if it's working. Really tough shooting stuff that only see for a bit before flying right by.

Music is cool.

Never played Iridium.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  198X up next.
                  Need a trusted opinion on this.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    I have this, but the poor person iPhone version, not the fancy millionaire arcade edition. It's a bloody awesome game.
                    I'm piss poor for the next 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Need a trusted opinion on this.
                      I’ll keep you posted if I hear from anyone trustworthy.

Comment

Into the Breach on Switch. It's like chess but with giant mechs and giant bugs, therefore better than chess.

Comment

Almost completed Project Sakura Wars. Sometimes a bit of MechWarrior 5, tried out a bith of Kandagawa Jet Girls, and playing Fire Emblem Three Houses during lunch break.

Comment

Warhammer Vermintide II. Picked it up cheap as I've had my eye on it a while. Meant to be a terrific fantasy Left 4 Dead and has reviewed well but I'm not feeling it. Glitchy AI, graphics, sound, terrible frame rate even for me and I never get pissy over frame rate, and this is the much-patched 'Deluxe' edition. Even the opening scene-setting movie bugged out - no sound from halfway through. Cheesy dialogue of the bad rather than endearing kind, clunky combat, and deserted servers. PS4 version. I am disappoint.
                            Last edited by Golgo; 28-01-2020, 13:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              198X up next.
                              Well that was quick. [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION], the first thing to know about this game is that it's SHORT. I mean, like an hour short. And it's not just short. Being perfectly honest, it feels like part of a game to me. It feels unfinished, like it's the first episode in a 4 episode game. And maybe that's the intention but I hadn't heard that.

Now, what's here is lovely. I knew the basic idea which is really that it's a bunch of retrogame-inspired parts, tributes to classic gaming. And that's exactly what it is but that description doesn't really do it justice because these are all wrapped up in little narrative with a really good VO and absolutely gorgeous artwork and great atmosphere and music that ties it all together into an experience. It has a narrative about a kid growing up and losing themselves in these games and it has a build up to it that's really good. I loved the experience of all that... until it ended and at a point that didn't really feel like an ending. It's like it just ran out.

So it's a tough one to recommend. What's here is lovely and I'm glad I played it but I find myself wishing that it gave me some sort of conclusion and paid off that great atmosphere and the little narrative it was building. But it doesn't.

Comment

Oh yeah, I played some Untitled Goose Game last night too!

Finished the first three levels and it's a hoot honk!
                                Controls can be fiddly, but sussing out how to get all the tasks completed is really rewarding.

I mashed up that kid, proper. Stole his glasses and made him re-buy his model aeroplane. Loser.

Comment

Working...
                                X