Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the look of 198X, but £8.99 for an hour of gameplay feels kinda steep. I mean even a Blu-Ray movie would run you a couple of hours, plus something to put on the shelf if you're that way inclined.

Comment

I've been chipping away at Dead Space and also dived back into Fallout 4 to explore the Far Harbour dlc. Love the misty, marshy, trawlery atmos.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        I love the look of 198X, but £8.99 for an hour of gameplay feels kinda steep. I mean even a Blu-Ray movie would run you a couple of hours, plus something to put on the shelf if you're that way inclined.
        Yep. I love a short game and I’ll happily pay for one but I can’t argue with this in this case. I think if it built to a really satisfying finish, I wouldn’t really mind the length but, yeah, it’s a very short experience and I don’t feel there is any reason to replay it. Like, Gone Home is about double the length and probably was twice the cost so that fits but that was a really satisfying experience and I ended up playing through it three times.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I've been chipping away at Dead Space and also dived back into Fallout 4 to explore the Far Harbour dlc. Love the misty, marshy, trawlery atmos.
          The New Vegas DLC was brilliant and was tempted by the Fallout 4 stuff, but after playing it for months after finally getting a PS4, I kinda wanted to move on to other exciting games.

Isn't there a guy in F4 that tries to sell you some bogus credit that you can't use anywhere in the game, but then in Far Harbour you can finally spend it? That's a lovely pay off!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Isn't there a guy in F4 that tries to sell you some bogus credit that you can't use anywhere in the game, but then in Far Harbour you can finally spend it? That's a lovely pay off!
            I haven't come across that yet but I did take a substantial break from the game before going back.

It's like riding a bike though. Last night I totally lost myself in it, clearing out areas of ghouls and raiders is one of the best things in gaming. So satisfying and addictive. My character is a total VATS beast too. Soft as clarts but ace with a rifle.

Comment

Ah great memories! I did a mission really early on that gave you a rifle that fires a bonus bullet and it carried me through the game.
              I then spent months exploring and levelling without trying, so when I finally started the story, I was a bit of a monster!

Comment

I met that credit bloke, I was walking up a deserted street and he just popped out of nowhere.

I didn't whack him. I thought I might lose out on a side mission further along. Should've whacked him.

Comment

(my early Brucie Bonus in FO4 was finding some leg armour that drastically increased movement speed, btw).

Comment

PS do Bethesda still do sales on the DLC? Wanna get the DLC for 4 and NV but it's really pricy, in fact it works out cheaper buying the GOTY (at least with 4) as it usually goes for £14.99 when it's on offer...though the standalone DLCs are usually still expensive if you've only got the vanilla edition.

Comment

Yes, mate.
                      I've definitely seen the F4 stuff in a PlayStation Sale.

I bought the GotY of New Vegas, so it was all on the disc already.
                      Would you like me to send you the GotY New Vegas with the DLC stuff?

Comment

I've been toying with picking up the 360 GOTY New Vegas (don't have PS3 set up at prez) as it's not purchasable on PS4 PS Store (only PSNow) and there's no GOTY option on the xbox store ... you have to buy it all separate

Still, got plenty to keep me busy for now

Comment

If Jazzy doesn't want it, you're next in line, Atticus!

Comment

That's very good of you mate but honestly, FO4 should be keeping me busy for a fair good while (and you know I suffer from game overload )

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Yes, mate.
                              I've definitely seen the F4 stuff in a PlayStation Sale.

I bought the GotY of New Vegas, so it was all on the disc already.
                              Would you like me to send you the GotY New Vegas with the DLC stuff?
                              On 360? Yeah!!! Is it all on disc like Fallout 3 GOTY? Anyhow, very kind of you to offer.

Obviously, I'll send ya summat in return! And then I'll pass onto Atticus after.

LOL, I did the same thing with Fallout 3 GOTY years back, saved my friends getting the DLC.

Comment

(duh I just read back, it's all on the disc)

Comment

Working...
                                X