Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Horizons. That's all other than old arcade titles for the foreseeable.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Streets of Rage Remake (PC)

Getting hyped for SoR4 so decided to play this. It's great.

Comment

Five Finger Death Punch 2
        EDF5
        World War Z

Comment

Shootin' dewds on Modern Warfare. Season 3 is here now with some new maps.

Crazy amount of free content in this game, it's been great value. I'm enjoying building out a new loadout at the moment, levelling up an MP5 for the first time.

It's terrific how there's always something to do - new map packs and a new Battle Pass are released every couple of months, new playlists with new mode variants and combinations of maps go live every Tuesday, and there are tons of challenges (e.g. 'Get 75 headshots with a thermal scope') to complete to unlock stuff. Plus it's always fun to level up a new weapon, start collecting the attachments for it and see how you can build it out into something you like to use.

I think I'm repeating myself here, but I'd love to see Nintendo apply some of this multiplayer design sensibility to Mario Kart. There is so much potential for a much richer and more three dimensional Mario Kart multiplayer component which uses some of these ideas.

Comment

I've been playing Animal Crossing, obviously.

But also, I've played more of the Panzer Dragoon remake. As already mentioned, it's somewhat disappointing but giving it a bit more play has me enjoying it more and the last couple of levels look really good. It's not a bad game at all, just not quite what we could imagine a PD remake could be. Still, I'm enjoying it.

And also I've been playing a bit of Doom64. I really like this. It looks great and the level design is really good. It's like having a bit more new Doom and the change in look makes it feel a bit fresh rather than just being a level pack for old Doom.

Comment

More SFV. Really getting into ranked matches now and steadily rising through the levels with Sagat. Capcom made a balls up of the launch and they've not handled it very well since, which is a shame because it's a very solid game.

Nearly finished Link's Awakening and I'm just about to dive back into BotW, to try to box that off at last.

Comment

Over the Easter Hols it's been:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
                Finished revisting this about as much as I care too, still a shame that the version with the most content is on a system with poorly suited controls.

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
                Second stop on my revisit of the series, quite enjoying this so far as it's remained for now an easier version of 3 and has some element of freshness as I've never before finished it.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
                Still enjoying it, some vibes of dullness setting in because it's a repetitive experience. I definitely enjoy the concept more than the actual games.

Ghostbusters: Remastered
                Finally wrapped this up, the last area is a bit of a let down but it was interesting to revisit it paying more attention to the canon.

Tomb Raider
                Very early in an another revisit to the reboot trilogy. Still plays nice though.

Concrete Genie
                This only took about three sittings to complete but it was a really nice, fun little game and a pleasure to go through. It's like the PS4's Puppeteer in being a short stylistic little game everyone overlooks.

Dreams
                MM have largely stripped the SP out of this bar one middling campaign and some small stuff which is wise as they were always poor in LBP. Dreams is definitely more impressive from a tech standpoint but even the most impressive content remains a very poor imitation of proper stuff so unless you want to sink a ton of hours into content creation there's nothing of value here and on that front, going off the player count, it won't get far without a next-gen relaunch.

Comment

Got the platinum on Mary Skelter Nightmares on the Vita.

Massively overrated game that no way warrants the price it commands.

Gone back to Dungeon Travelers 2 now, grinding my party to a high enough level to finish the last couple of chapters.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                    Gone back to Dungeon Travelers 2 now, grinding my party to a high enough level to finish the last couple of chapters.
                    I keep meaning to go back to this myself. I'm already juggling two RPGs at the minute though!

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                      I keep meaning to go back to this myself. I'm already juggling two RPGs at the minute though!
                      I'm really struggling. Chapter 10 is destroying me, so I'm levelling everyone up to 50 and having one of each final class before trying out all the different combinations to see if I can find an effective one. Determined to finish it after having already put in 70 hours!

Comment

Over Easter I hammered Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3!

Comment

3D Out Run on the 3DS. One of the best modern interpretations of a classic game. So good. Shame I'm rubbish at it

Comment

More PSVR escapism: Astrobot, which despite being amazing, I have never given my full attention (I was initially worried about burning through it after hearing it was short). Yeah, great fun. And a bit of Moss, I just love the atmosphere in it ... it achieves its storybook come to life effect perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              3D Out Run on the 3DS. One of the best modern interpretations of a classic game. So good. Shame I'm rubbish at it
                              Yep, 3D Outrun is gorgeous. It’s so lovely.

Still playing Doom64 here and loving it. I can’t remember how it was received back in the day but the level design is top notch. Really creative and different enough from Doom/Doom II to feel fresh and worth playing. Quite complex levels in places with plenty of traps. Interesting that some enemies teleport in Doom 3 style ambushes now and again. It also looks and sounds great.

Comment

Just finished Moss on PSVR. Lovely little fairytale platformer, full of atmosphere and danger. Really enjoyed.

Just started Blood and Truth too. So far it's ... good. It delivers on it's pitch and that's it. But I thought Batman VR put me in situ more convincingly. Still, the gunplay is fun ... and the way the other characters interact with you is brilliant. Riding in the 4x4 in the first mission my fave part was simply my cohort looking at me and grinning while he was driving ... just a really funny, immersive moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X