Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove back into Mario Kart 8 on Switch. Finally found a set up I like with Wario, just going for max acceleration and making sure I drift early to make it round corners. It seems to be working out quite well for me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      I last went through it back when it launched on PS3 so this revisit is interesting. It's holding up pretty well I'd say, it's very straight forward but I like the setting still and the tone of the game. Other than being widescreen it's pretty much untouched, the interrogations remain a bit of a fudge as things often don't align in a way that makes sense but progression isn't halted by it. If you find it for a reasonably cheap enough price I'd say it's well worth a go, it's the kind of game that makes for a good change of pace on Switch as well given there's nothing similar on the system.
      Turns out it’s now really cheap in Argos so I have reserved a copy. Looking forward to finally playing it.

Comment

Fallout 4 was my first proper PS4 game and I loved it.

Totally get the "more of the same" vibe, but I think 76 has shown that they had such a strong formula.

I couldn't wait to get back into the wasteland and get exploring to find out what wonders they'd created for me to find.

I also enjoyed the base building and looked at State of Decay as a game that focussed on that.

Pro tip: there's a bunker with a quest where you get a rifle that fires two bullets and is amazing.

Comment

Battlefield V - what a lovely looking game and plays really well.

No one else playing?

Comment

Past the 120 hour mark on XC2, not getting enough rare blades right now so I might hang up trying until the post end game. Chapter 7 and at level 62. I just want to fight one of those damn T-rex!

Comment

I've moved onto Spider-man for now. For the first 30-60 mins I wondered what the hype was about. Once I'd got to grips with the controls though I can see why many enjoy it. General traversal and combat are great fun, it has a high level of polish all-around and I'm compelled to keep playing (so its doing the right things as far as a immersive game is concerned). Unless it takes a nose dive I'll be seeing this one through to the end.

I also got Soul Calibur 6 so I gave that a session last night. Polished as always, combat is fast and the new gameplay additions add to the excitement. I also think the devs have made the female characters more bouncy and wish fulfillment-like than they ever happy (which is equally good and bad).

Even though I know it'll frustrate fans if Yun Seung, Setsuka and/or Hilde are among the remaining DLC characters they'll at least have covered the roster from Soul Edge to SCIII. The roster does need a little bulking up but I like the characters that are available and it seems that they haven't missed any of the earlier favourites out at this point.

Comment

Managed to put 40 hours into Hollow Knight these past few weeks, all I can say is if you love a good metroidvania this is, probably, the best one I have played since Metroid/SOTN, there’s SO much to do it’s insane. The world and the characters have really got me interested and it’s a game that keeps giving.

I’ve really enjoyed playing it, t’s been a while since a game got me hooked completely, can’t believe it took me this long to play after buying.

Comment

I've heard Hollow Knight is great. I might check it out sometime.

I'm currently playing through Oxenfree. I got it a while back on Switch but hadn't played it. Then when I got LA Noire, my phone line and internet connection died which meant I couldn't download the actual game (because it's not all on the cart - so I was hit by this). So instead I started Oxenfree and it's really good. It reminds me of Night In The Woods. The design isn't as nice but the flip side is that the story is more focussed and doesn't faff about. Haven't finished it yet but I'm guessing it's short.

Comment

I really enjoyed Oxenfree, I don’t play many games twice but they patched a new game+ 4 months after launch and it blew my mind, well worth a look twice if you enjoy it. Devs have another game out next year, following similar style with dialogue trees style, called Afterparty.

If anyone enjoys the whole Metroidvania genre, Hollow Knight should be getting bought and played.
                    Last edited by Family Fry; 27-11-2018, 15:02.

Comment

Cool! That looks nice and it builds on the same system as Oxenfree which feels like a good idea.

Comment

Put an hour or two into Mugen Souls but it's just anime trash. One that has systems on top of systems on top of systems.

Life's too short so moving on.

Comment

PS Store has Battlefield 1+Titanfall 2 double pack for 12 quid so I snapped it up last night.

Decided to start with BF1 for now.

Wowzers, it's pretty darn decent.

I don't have PS+ so these two will be SP-only for me but I'm sure I'll enjoy myself.

Comment

I finished Oxenfree. Really loved it.

All the oxen are now free.

Comment

BOTW. I’ve been up for over 24 hours smashing out shrines. This may be the best game ever, or I may be “No, no, no”.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Still picking through LA Noire, almost finished with the Traffic desk now so still a long way to go. Back on Red Dead Redemption II in small doses whilst also mixing it in with chunks of Uncharted 2 and Sunset Overdrive

Comment

Working...
                                X