This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booted No Man's Sky.
    Shot some rocks and repaired some ship parts.
    Three floating robots turned up and killed me.
    Respawned and ran out of gun battery.

What the hell do I do now?!

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
      Deus Ex HR on the wii u was a dream to play as the second screen implementation was perfect and added so much to the game like using augmented reality to see through walls on the tv as well as the map and hacking parts.

So awesome.

But so few used the potential of that second screen properly which is a shame as it literally could’ve changed the game.
      I've never played that, it sounds like a good implementation though.

It's a shame more games didn't make use of it, but I honestly think the entire gamepad concept it was a pretty bad idea anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Booted No Man's Sky.

Play something else.

Comment

This weekend heavy emphasis will be on:

God of War

Any time not spent on that would go on Super Mario Odyssey and Ghost Recon: Wildlands

In terms of my current Project Backlog 20, Recon is the 15th title out of the 20. If it doesn't up its game I'll shelve it and install #16, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, no escaping open worlds still

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            I've never played that, it sounds like a good implementation though.

It's a shame more games didn't make use of it, but I honestly think the entire gamepad concept it was a pretty bad idea anyway.
            It’s well worth playing as it’s a solid 10/10 game all round.

N cocked up the wii u from launch as we know but the idea was actually quite good and had a heck of a lot of potential if it was inplemented correctly instead of just being shoehorned in and had it took off I think we would’ve seen a DS like level of implementation with said footwear styled start before devs found their groove and created unreplicable experiences.

Using deus ex as an example, once you’ve played it on the wii u ever other platform with a similar style of game just doesn’t hit the spot because of how well it was used as it feels definitive.

Another thing it could’ve been great for was games with no on screen ui so you jjust had full screen graphical goodness with all the stats on the second screen as well as the augmented reality principle that could’ve been pimped so well....

Here’s hoping the switch is half as good.

Comment

Booted No Man's Sky.

Refuel your tool!

...if you know what i mean...

Comment

Finished Persona 5 at last, 130 hours of gaming bliss. Time for something different now, planning on playing Rise of Tomb Raider alongside AC:Rogue Remastered....need a break from long slogs!

Comment

I'm still playing Persona 5. I've reached the 106 hour mark now. It's a good game, a really good game, but it's too bloody long. I'm flagging to be honest. I don't really think it's that well paced.

I'm massively at that point I always get to with 100+ hour plus games where I'm 85% of the way through and no matter how lovely and wonderful it is, I'm just looking forward to being able to play something else.

Definitely Burnout Paradise Remastered after this. Really need to play something much more immediate.

@Replica shooter

I'll have to give Deus Ex a try. It sounds interesting for sure. When games did use the screen for anything more than a map, I always just found it annoying to be honest - totally immersion breaking to have to keep switching between two screens. The prime examples are Starfox and Project Zero, which both relied heavily on using the gamepad and were both unsatisfying experiences. I have to say I don't think glancing down at a separate screen in my hands is more useful than glancing at a HUD positioned around the corners of the screen.

The Switch is much, much better designed from a hardware perspective IMO. The JoyCons are really clever and work really well.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved the WiiU for its software library. Some superb games on it - most of which are on Switch these days, but still.
                  Last edited by wakka; 27-04-2018, 17:11.

Comment

Look forward to your thoughts as for me the integration was seamless between the two screens and it added so much to the game.

Think I’ll be picking up a Switch at some point but probably when the revised version is released.

Comment

Shot some [...] and ran out of gun battery.

What you're experiencing is called the 'refractory period' and is perfectly natural.

Just give it some time.

Comment

Really struggled last night. Had a couple of decent games on MWR but tried to push on with The Order: 1886 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands

The trouble with The Order is that it's a fine enough game but it's such a sharp step back from the not massively dissimilar GOW making it hard to stay awake during the reams of cutscenes and forced slow walking. GR:W is just so aimless, it's the culmination of Ubi-Open World design and lacks any focus, just map markers and collectibles. I've not even done much either so I'm wary of not getting my moneys worth but for both I think one more try and then I may need to cut loose and move onto something else.

Comment

Just finished Yakuza 5, really enjoyed it for the most part, the Haruka section was the exception though which bored me. This has not to be the longest Yakuza game, clocked over 60 hours just following the main story, think my completion percentage was only at 25%.

I've got Kiwami and 6 to play but think i need a break from Yakuza, so going to start Uncharted The Lost Legacy next.
                          Last edited by Jamie; 03-05-2018, 08:07.

Comment

I'm nearly done the third region in Far Cry 5. I've done everything at my own pace, exploring the map and hunting treasures and perk points, picking up side missions along the way ... and the size of the game feels just right. The fun factor has rarely dipped (the odd story bit that tears you from the great outdoors can break the momentum, but only briefly) ... and the (GTA style) freedom to approach things in your own way still makes all the difference for me; whether causing major havoc or taking down enemy outposts with uber-stealth and precision, it's really good fun.

Once this final region is done it'll be onto the big lad's compound for a final showdown.

Still haven't decided on Yakuza 6 or God of War next ...

Comment

EDF 4.1 on PC - Perfect game to play after work to unwind!

Comment

Still going on Uncharted 4 , on my crushing run. Thank God for the cheats is all I can say! And a little bit of Yakuza Kiwami. I hope to finish UC4 before Dark Souls drops @ the end of May.

Comment

Working...
                                X