This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love jim g. You're retired now, Jim?

He's my role model. I hope I'll be still able to game when I retire, I'm 49 this year and just signed up to a 30 year mortgage this month!

Comment

Many years ago (well over a decade) I was a moderator on Wipeoutzone and at the time one of the fellow mods was over 60 and, to my knowledge, is still playing Wipeout now. Our generation won’t stop playing games and that’s a great thing. It was discussed in other threads but think of even when we’re many decades older and we’re frail and shoved into homes, we’ll still be playing games with mates and will never be lonely in the same way previous generations were. It’s brilliant.

When I’m 90, I expect you all to come to my Animal Crossing village for fruit on a regular basis.

Comment

Cheers Gunrock!! Not retired yet - 5 years to go...

I know a guy who is 74 and plays BO4 and has played all other COD's. I will play games till i die!

Comment

I'm guessing you play CoD because Battlefield 1 would give you flashbacks to when you were in the army...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I'm guessing you play CoD because Battlefield 1 would give you flashbacks to when you were in the army...
            Class :-)

Comment

Beat Tales of Symphonia on Steam. The first half of the game is a pretty fun B-Grade game; I like the characters and the combat, it's fun stuff. The second half just deteriorates the further in you get and the end portion just... keeps... going. By the end it's just gibberish, I was begging it to end.

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
                Class :-)
                You know I'm only kidding, Jim G(randad)!

More Darkest Dungeon .
                Scraping through some levels by the skin of my teeth, but thrilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  It was discussed in other threads but think of even when we’re many decades older and we’re frail and shoved into homes, we’ll still be playing games with mates and will never be lonely in the same way previous generations were. It’s brilliant.

When I’m 90, I expect you all to come to my Animal Crossing village for fruit on a regular basis.
                  I hadn't considered that! Even if I get super arthritis and can't do dragon punch focus attack dash cancel ultra, hopefully we'll have mind-reading controllers by then.

Comment

I've always thought that games will be a great refuge should I reach retirement age. Sod cruises, I'll finally get a chance to crack this backlog wiiiiiiide open. It's one thing that makes me not fear getting old.

Apart from that, I'm playing Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. I'm starting to enjoy the stealthy bits a lot more knowing how overpowered the silenced pistol is. It takes down guards better and quicker than the machine gun. Not a bad game, also love the vintage Wolfenstein 'nightmares', really fun and enjoyable and give a nice taste of the old game but in a less protracted form.

Comment

You know I'm only kidding, Jim G(randad)!
                      Of course!! I am grandad as well, 4 little ankle biters under 6 years old!

Comment

Swords of Ditto coop.

Lovely local coop adventure me and the other half are still hacking our way through. Coming to the end now, all dungeons are done, powered up, toys levelled up and powered, ready for the end boss. Got too late last night so finishing it off another night.

No blade of grass has been safe from my partners gaze in her obsessive search for coins

Comment

Ooh, that sounds lovely, FBH!
                          Shame it's not on Switch, but might investigate PS4 to play with my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Thanks QC! I'll give it another look and probably add it to my "to get" list.
                            The version of Darkest Dungeon with the DLC is back up to £22, but it says at the start n00bs probably shouldn't play it.

However, the standard version is a fiver.

A fiver for PS4 and Vita crossplay!

Darkest Dungeon® is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring. Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts, and beyond. Youll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit your heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat system. Can you stem the tide of eldritch horrors erupting across your family’s ancestral estate Remember nothing can be gained without loss. Descend at your peril... Nominated for Grand Prize Independent Game Festival 2016 “Darkest Dungeon is an incredible take on the classic dungeon crawl.” - Game Informer This Cross-Buy product entitles you to download both PS4™ and PS Vita versions.

Comment

Ooh, that sounds lovely, FBH!
                              Shame it's not on Switch, but might investigate PS4 to play with my son.
                              Think Zelda 2d, with a teeny bit of Demon souls, but with happier vibes. It’s been a real fun much needed local coop game.

Online is all well and good but you can’t beat someone just picking up a controller, pressing start and bang their in the game.

Comment

Just finished Puzzle Bobble and working through Kingdom Hearts III

Other than continuing to set up the WiiU how I want it it's likely KH3 will remain the focus to try and get the endgame in sight this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X