Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given up on XB360 Bayonetta. Despite some excellent advice here I just can't be bothered to finish the last boss fight which is like a concentrated dose of everything I dislike about the game. It is really only made hard by the camera angles forced on you with another black mark is the very obvious frame rate drop at certain points.

Happy to have now gone onto the XB360 Dishonored GOTY expansion packs I've been saving for a rainy day: Knife Of Dunwall etc. Took a bit of time remembering the controls so a little frustration to begin with (finished the main game 18 months ago) but now just about up to speed and remembering why I enjoyed the original game so much.

Comment

Some more PES demo. Nice touch when it started raining halfway through a game, and it noticeably changed the level of control and smoothness. Very good.

Minecraft. Shambles. Tried to convert my XBOne worlds to this new Minecraft app thing and it just quits out at 7 or 13%. What a load of shat. I’ve had to start from scratch.

Yakuza 6. Lovely. The storyline is very engaging. I’ve just started in Hiroshima. A wonderful experience. I’m awful at fighting, though. I just can’t parry or sidestep or block! I really like the app for solving local trouble.

Comment

Been playing EDF 5 with the boy the last two days. Great fun. I love how you can blow the legs and arms of the alien frog monsters and all the blood comes gushing out.

Comment

Back on Saint's Row IV on the Xbone recently, mopping up clusters and flashpoints, pretty much took out most stuff early on so I've probably still got 40% of the game to go with most side stuff done n dusted.

Is a joy tbh, knowing I don't have to find all that stuff yet still have a fun amount of stuff left to find. Makes it more relaxing, bloody great game.

Comment

Now I know what the little white dome icon means, I'm now hunting down Zinyak statues.

12/36 so far. I can do this.

Comment

Jesus. Checked the stats.

1189 of 1255 clusters found.

I CAN DOOOOOOO THIIIIIISSSS!!!!

Comment

Clearing up stuff in Spider-Man. Now that the story is over I’m trying out combos and stuff. You can get quite a nice flow going; like bayonetta lite.

Comment

Tinkered a bit on the Vita (thanks, [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]!), just checking if the various games on my memory sticks work.
                  One has Dragon's Crown, which looks great, but the women in this are ridiculously over-sexualised.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Sine Mora too.

Not knuckling down to play anything long-term, just checking if they work, really.

Still tinkering with getting the Gradius Collection.

Comment

Spelunky, as always.

Comment

Really enjoying Dishonored GOTY expansion Knife Of Dunwall and I've spent ages carefully working my way just through the first Slaughter House level to get all the major pickups and Low Chaos rating. Very good level design throughout - Victorian steam-punk meets Deus Ex and loving it.
                      Last edited by fallenangle; 05-08-2019, 15:32. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                        Really enjoying Dishonored GOTY expansion Knife Of Dunwall and I've spent ages carefully working my way just through the first Slaughter House level to get all all the major pickups and Low Chaos rating. Very good level design throughout - Victorian steam-punk meets Deus Ex and loving it.
                        I love Deus Ex and Thief, so this should be an easy choice to play, but it's another series I've never gotten around to playing.

Comment

Oh, I totally forgot that I blazed through What Remains of Edith Finch!

I really enjoyed it. I really enjoy these "walking sim" games, but to me, they feel like interactive books - exploring a story being told through the environment.

It's a bit bonkers in places and it's incredibly sad too.

I was wondering if I preferred Everyone's Gone to the Rapture or this and the fact I'd forgotten I'd played it probably answers that!
                          Still both great stories and experiences worth "playing".

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Oh, I totally forgot that I blazed through What Remains of Edith Finch!

I really enjoyed it. I really enjoy these "walking sim" games, but to me, they feel like interactive books - exploring a story being told through the environment.

It's a bit bonkers in places and it's incredibly sad too.

I was wondering if I preferred Everyone's Gone to the Rapture or this and the fact I'd forgotten I'd played it probably answers that!
                            Still both great stories and experiences worth "playing".
                            These are both terrific (if you like the genre). I love the fact (I say ' fact', but it's just my interpretation), that all the ostensibly mysterious shenanigans and deaths in Edith Finch can be put down to

bad parenting.

Another one you might want to try, Chimp, if you haven't already, is Gone Home.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I've added it to the wishlist.

I'm curious about Lifeless Planet too.

Comment

Haven't heard of that. Will check it. BTW, I've just today downloaded SOMA (a PS+ freebie from a way back) as I love Frictional's horror stuff. Anyway, turns out they've patched in a zero risk walking-sim mode to it that strips out the gameplay, just for those connoisseurs who don't want to have to actually play it. Think I'll go for the normal mode on this occasion.

Comment

Working...
                                X