Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sinister server room later on is possibly the most Satanic-feeling area I've encountered in a game. Even though the game is just LIMBO all over again, that bit really stood out for me (and it's nothing flashy or amazing, btw).

Currently having a blast on the FORSAKEN remaster on XB1. It's taken me over twenty years to realise it but this game is brilliant!!!! I found it too hard on the N64 back in the day but I must've got loads better and I'm loving this so much, it's so playable and looks so smooth, even if the late 90s textures are a little 'angular'...however even this aesthetic works beautifully.

Great game! More than worth the £2.99 it turns up for in the sales. Just dug out my old official CD soundtrack, too. From the days when D&B was king. Haha.

Comment

Just onto Chapter 2 of CALL OF CTHULHU, the latest Xbox GwG freebie.

Really like it! It's basically a very atmospheric walking sim but with RPG additions and summat extra I haven't quite discovered yet, I've only been on it like 37mins.

Perfect GwG game for me, I was gonna spend £6 max on a physical copy but thank god I didn't. Not. A. Bad. Game.

So. Far.

Comment

Then, onto the OGXB STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT, the other GwG this month.

Can't believe how bloody good it looks!!!! I'm guessing it's been a little pumped up for the X and 4k and stuff but it's still the same and it was always swift and marvellous but this is BETTER.

It's so bloody good and also a great and fun Star Wars game. Two good games on GwG this month, I like it greatly.

Comment

The Last Of Us. I played it years ago and felt it was time to go through it again. Still excellent.

Comment

Finished Inside with all the orbs.

The last section. WHAT THE? Totally bizarre, yet oddly organic and satisfying to control.

Good gam. 9/10

Comment

Weekends arriving and this week its:

Grand Theft Auto III - About a quarter of the way through based on the stats screen, very easy to tear through missions but I'm only playing it in bursts now and then

Resistance: Burning Skies
              - Not really moved on much this week

Super Smash Bros Ultimate - 18 months on and finally putting time into it, now about 38 out of 75 fighters unlocked focusing on Classic mode completions

Psychonauts and the Rhombus of Ruin - So far it's alright if a very basic VR experience

Comment

After 126 hours i have finally gotten to the end of the main story of Ninokuni 2 but i have lots and lots of post game fun to go through as the game gives you loads to do plus i bought the extra dlc for it so i'm far from done. I may try to go for the plat on this one, i really enjoyed the kingdom building as well as the questing.

Comment

From nowhere I got a hankering to play Tomb Raider yesterday. Of the new breed I loved the first one but didn't give the second much of a chance as it felt more flabby. But I picked it (Rise of) up yesterday for £5 and I think I got that back in one sitting last night. Really feeling it this time. Enjoying exploring those bigger areas. Fab looking game too. With the One X patch it's a stunner. The snowy atmos is wonderful.

Comment

More Rise of the Tomb Raider. Enjoying this more than any of the Uncharted games. Everything feels just right; map sizes, combat, exploration, gear upgrades, skill buffs, it's a pleasure to play.

Comment

Jumped around a lot of games: Mistover, A Hat In Time, Granblue Fantasy Versus, and then settled back into Fire Emblem Three Houses; almost done witht he Blue Lions campaign.

Comment

Started Gears 5 this evening. Very much what you’d expect but with more story emphasis and some new tools in your armory. Looks stunning in 4K HDR at 60Hz on X. The Dolby Atoms over headphones is very effective too with great use of positioning and material based echoes etc.

Comment

Currently:

Resistance: Burning Skies - About a third of the way in as I slow chip it
                          Killzone 2 - It's actually quite hard to go back to, it still looks alright but it controls like a dog
                          Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Now in the 50's in terms of character unlocks
                          Doctor Who: The Edge of Time - The main one this weekend to try and finish it within Feb

Comment

EDF5.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Killzone 2 - It's actually quite hard to go back to, it still looks alright but it controls like a dog
                              I remember playing this back in the day and hating the sluggishness of it. They did introduce a patch for the game where you can 'improve' the controls: https://kotaku.com/how-killzone-2s-p...ntrols-5271701 - in case you're not aware. But no amount of sensitivity adjustments can make that one control well.

Comment

I've started playing FF9 after playing 7 & 8 last year. I have to say I like all 3 for different reasons. 9 definitely feels like the most polished one. The movement of the characters has a weight to them and the little exclamation mark to help pinpoint things is good. I also think they have done the best job of the remaster of the three. Making changes to the menus to make it easier to navigate is good and adding a little symbol above peoples heads to show if they play cards or not (something that should have been added to 8).

Comment

Working...
                                X