Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing soooo much time on CoD right now I kind of hate myself for it. It's kind of perfectly brainless fun though, especially with everything going on.

Got Animal Crossing on the go too, which I'm enjoying, and then my digital preorder of Resi 3 has now unlocked, so I'll be getting onto that.

Following on from Resi, which sounds laughably short sadly, I'm thinking to move onto Yakuza 0 via Game Pass and then Deadly Premonition on Switch, which to my very great shame I have never played.

I think I also need to self-exclude from CoD, like how people ban themselves from gambling websites.

Comment

Started Yakuza Zero and enjoying it. Not played a game in the series since 2.

Thought I was done with Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call but I keep going back to it. Tried my hand at the quests and enjoying the challenge. Turns out that's a much more efficient way to unlock new characters as well.

Comment

Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)

Doing my bit for the Italy lockdown, played a few campaigns with my mate and set it to public so other people could join.

It was insane. I was physically exhausted by the end of it.

Comment

Apart from EDF5 when I can, I bought One Finger Death Punch 2 on the One and it's brilliant.

A refined and expanded version of the already brilliant original.

Comment

Played some World War Z with my mates last night. We were rubbish, but had fun.

Should have gone to bed, but fired up EDF...

Comment

More SFV, with a bit of Forza 7 and Link’s Awakening remake, in an attempt to actually finish some games for a change. Oh, and a bit of the goose game on Sunday, which the kids found hilarious.
              Last edited by endo; 08-04-2020, 16:39.

Comment

Forced myself to put Theatrhythm down. I got hooked on playing through the quests (which seem to randomly generate) and grinding for shards and exp.

Moved on to Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers which I picked up on sale. I would have preferred a physical version but it was too cheap to pass up digitally.

Comment

Soul Hackers is good stuff, it has that 90s cyberpunk aesthetic being a Saturn port and it also has a really nice implementation of 3D that looks great in battle. I'm still using an old 3DS XL but I kind of want to upgrade to the New 3DS XL now for the better 3D.

I always love the 3D first person dungeon crawling in these 32bit games and everything here is very slick and quick.

Comment

Rune Factory 4 Special on Switch.

Comment

Played some Final Fantasy VII Remake for the first time yesterday. The nostalgia is super powerful, it's truly amazing, but then it has to be a game. I chose the default combat as I always prefer to play a game as intended (not a secondary option for old men) and I'm not sure about the combat. The game always had a precision to the combat, with total control ... here I felt a bit out of control. Maybe the panic adds to it, I don't know at this stage. I don't know if I'll 'get' the combat and it'll click. I hope it does.

Then I went back to Doom Eternal to go back over earlier levels and mop up some Slayer Gates and secrets and stuff. It really is a brilliant game. I should have scored it 10/10 ... not 9.

Comment

Mario Kart 8 (Switch)

Wife and I were playing 2-player with internet peeps today. Great fun, even if I did have to enable auto-steer to avoid coming 12th almost every time

Zelda BOTW (Switch)

I left this for almost two weeks but had a session a few days ago. I’m just going through temples to get more hearts which is a bit boring so I use walkthroughs for them if I get stuck. Wife is playing right now and practising dodges and parries. I’m so proud of her.

Shenmue III(PS4)

Hadn’t touched this in a few months but decided to get back into it yesterday. Just started the new section in the riverside town. It’s stunning. All is forgiven, etc, although I hear this part will be boring.

EDF 5 (PS4)

Some nice sessions with QC. At one point we were browsing shop windows and I was translating the signs. It’s such a good game.

Comment

The only nice thing to come out of all this mess and lock down . Is how many of my real life friends are off work, for 2 months fully paid and all are on Live day and night.

It's like the old days of Xbox Live on the OG Xbox . Drunken Rocket League is a riot and such a laugh.

Comment

EDF5. Some amazing missions last night with Chump and Pobbles. Absolutely epic scenes of carnage with waves of enemies, robots, bombing flybys, mechs and collapsing buildings. Nothing does hi-octane chaos like EDF. A war zone with absolute bedlam kicking off arl owa.

Started Nier Automata. I remember the first game was ok to start with. A bit clumsy, samey, fidgety and middle of the road. I stuck with it despite being unimpressed. It then started to sink into my psyche and click. The narrative was so affecting, the music dreamy, the whole thing emotional. It’s one of my top 10 games of all time.

Automata is so much more polished from the off. It’s exciting and varied and plays beautifully. The opening shmup sections from different angles, then the third person adventuring (from various camera angles - including a Nebulus bit) are utterly lovely. I’m loving it already.
                            Last edited by prinnysquad; 13-04-2020, 15:32.

Comment

I've been escaping the harsh realities with some PSVR: Tetris Effect and Rez Infinite took me somewhere far away for an hour

Comment

Playing Gears 5.

It looks lovely but the gameplay is a bit rote and by the numbers. It's defo better than 4 but is missing something in the combat. It doesn't feel as hefty as 1 - 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X