X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    My wife has a girl and her mum in for a wedding make up trial tonight
    Hope the trial went well. Prosecution lawyers can be very tough on witnesses in make up cases.

Comment

Playing The Evil Within 2 straight off the back of the first game, which I enjoyed greatly, even ended up finishing it twice.

Definite visual improvements, a very eerie hotel-y place at the start kicks it off then Chapter 3 opens out into a smalltown America mini-open world with lots to explore, this is already feeling far less linear and tunnel vision compared to the first. Loving the exploration, playing on Survival with auto aim off, it's tense, I can tell I'm gonna love this, more of the same but wider and better, a barg for a fiver I can tell thee!

Comment

Aztez
        Bayonetta

Might try burning some PSOne discs later as I really need to use my BVM more before my wife thinks it's a waste of space...

Comment

I've played some more Sky Force Anniversary, but I've got to the point where I have two trophies left and it's mainly grinding the levels.
          That's not a chore, but I think I'd rather be playing something new.

It's been a great little shooter and I've had a brilliant time playing it. Recommended!

I also ended up playing some BC EDF 2025 on the One.
          Loads of n00bs not taking me up on the offer of hosting with no limits. Buffoons.
          Might try again later.

I'm either going to continue with God of War or try Everyone's Gone to the Rapture.

Comment

LiveLink, and debating on trying to get through professional on Resident Evil 5 - both on the One.

Also dowloaded the free Lemmings game - meh.

My son is doing a lovely job of grabbing achievements in SW BF2 as well

Comment

Bit of everything!

Ganpuru: Gunman’s Proof (SNES Classic Mini)
              Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One X)
              Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One X) - really enjoying the campaign
              Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One X)
              Spider-Man (PlayStation 4 Pro)

Gonna move my GameCube to the other room and connect it to my Dell SuperSharp 2417 when I get my new HDMI switch. I have a perfect setup in the living room but the shelf that I have the GC on is so small so I have to pull out the GC every time I want to turn it on or swap discs. That and wired controller. It’s not the end of the but we live in the era of instant on and wireless controllers with headphone jacks, so even the GC routine becomes a bit of a chore. It will now be placed in an open environment together with the SNES Classic where the controller cord won’t bother anyone, and as a bonus I can use my headphones which are connected to speakers which again are connected to the monitor.

TL;DR, the GC is gonna see plenty of action in the coming weeks!
              Last edited by Nico87; 23-09-2018, 22:00.

Comment

Sky Force Reloaded on Switch after the Chimp Seal of Approval. Had a great time with it yesterday, well worth the money and we on sale too. My Switch is a shmup-MACHINE! Danmaku Unlimited 3, Shikhondo and Ikaruga on it as well. Love it.

Comment

After the first, BioShock 2: Remastered kept crashing even trying to load it up so sacked that off, I'll do the original release at a later date.
                  Instead, after nearly two years, I finally finished the campaign in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered so this week it's all backlog:

Splatoon 2 - Into the fifth area now so should be done and onto the expansion sometime this week
                  Assassin's Creed: Origins - Finally time to go back and give this a proper push
                  A Bird Tale - Should be short and sweet as the next 'B Letter' game
                  Burnout: Paradise - Up to a C License so will pick at this long term as a game to have a break with
                  Until Dawn - The PS4 backlogger

Likely to be slow progress on some due to the length and there being so many at once but I'm hoping something snags me and becomes a key focus.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    Sky Force Reloaded on Switch after the Chimp Seal of Approval. Had a great time with it yesterday, well worth the money and we on sale too. My Switch is a shmup-MACHINE! Danmaku Unlimited 3, Shikhondo and Ikaruga on it as well. Love it.
                    Hooray! I'm glad somebody else has tried it!
                    You're playing Reloaded, which is the sequel and has a bunch of extra stuff.
                    It's in a UK sale too (£7.19 down from £8.99, Anniversary is still £8.99).
                    I paid £3.29 for Anniversary for cross-play on the PS4/Vita.

I'm looking forward to my Flip Grip coming and trying some of the vertical shmups out.

Comment

I thought I might have finally stopped gaming. Have struggled to get into anything for a long time it feels. But last days I have found time to play Spiderman, which in many respects isn’t anything game defining, but has been something I was missing: Enjoyable and relaxing. I like the way I am learning combat and traversal in both an organic (learning moves/controls) and powerups way. There is a retro core deep in this game somewhere that has tried to make just playing fun and interesting. That is a weird thing to say, but despite graphics and storylines being so dazzling these days, many AAA games have felt like a chore to me. Spidy has me smiling, and happily learning the game mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                        I thought I might have finally stopped gaming. Have struggled to get into anything for a long time it feels. But last days I have found time to play Spiderman, which in many respects isn’t anything game defining, but has been something I was missing: Enjoyable and relaxing. I like the way I am learning combat and traversal in both an organic (learning moves/controls) and powerups way. There is a retro core deep in this game somewhere that has tried to make just playing fun and interesting. That is a weird thing to say, but despite graphics and storylines being so dazzling these days, many AAA games have felt like a chore to me. Spidy has me smiling, and happily learning the game mechanics.
                        Stranger!!

Comment

Splatoon 2 - Done
                          Bird Tale - Naff
                          Until Dawn - Not one suited to replaying

Need to further narrow on a PC game, otherwise now on Kirby: Star Allies - and dammit it's the second Kirby game of recent times I've enjoyed

Comment

I have only been playing Skyrim. Lots of Skyrim. I like Skyrim. BUT... I do spend time imagining what this game might be like with some creative art direction. Like, as strong visually as the Panzer Dragoon world or just anything that isn't so... normal looking. Still, it's immersive.

Comment

Unmodified Skyrim is pretty fugly. You need weather and lighting and ambience mods, changing the textures helps as well.

Comment

Salt & Sanctuary. It's basically a Souls title, but in 2D. I'm not sure whether I actually like it or not yet. I really struggled with the difficulty level at first. Then I plowed through four bosses in a row without a death. Now I've got to a boss that I seemingly cannot beat. It's certainly not as balanced as FromSoft's efforts, but it's enjoyable enough. I've worked out that if you over-level, you basically cannot lose. That's not a fundamental element of Souls titles, but it's a good title from the developer. I'll be happy to have the platinum under my belt.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X