Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended up playing 360 FORZA 4 for like four hours at a mate's house. Initially, it was only to test an old 40" 2010 Samsung panel because the sound kept cutting out.

So we hooked it up to the surround speakers and the sound issues vanished and we were all playing one of THE best racing games we'd all ever played. Absolutely beautiful it is.

Even used it to calibrate the telly, by the time I had done with it, all I heard was even more brilliance of enthusia, they kept saying how REAL it looked...and I was thinking exactly the sane thing.

Seriously, it's an absolute beast, and it's rock-solid 60fps and never even sweats, it's a living miracle.

Comment

Seriously, one of the most impressive games I've played in AGES.

Can't believe how amazing this game is.

Wanna DANCE, wanna SING!

(dances around the bins like a sad, drugged, stinking tramp)

Comment

So, so, soooooooo gooood.

That's Forza 4.

The 360 version.

It's BEAUTIFUL

Comment

Finished Final Fantasy XII last night. Overall, I loved it. A very strong FF entry. The story felt thinner than other FF games with fewer beats and twists but then, on the other hand, that meant it never got ridiculous which some others have done. It was a pretty simple story. The play system is great, it looks gorgeous and the music is great.

It's hard not to compare it to previous FF games and what I'd miss from the PS1 era is that every part of every location felt custom built. Whereas FFXII felt more like it had areas that were put together in theme packs, if you know what I mean. It had more repetition.

Just a different type of game, I guess. But yeah, overall I thought it was great.

Comment

Still got the additional, post-main-game bits of Fata Morgana to play through, but I'm tackling this about 30 minutes at a time when I find myself sat in reach of my Vita and with a clear enough head to tackle it. This may take some time.

Aside from that, the PS4 hasn't been on much lately, but I did do a bit of catchup in Monster Hunter on the weekend, along with daily challenges on Spelunky and Necrodancer. I've installed Death Stranding, but with Bloodstained having arrived now too I'm not sure which I should play first.

Comment

There's a lot to love about Death Stranding but the BT encounters have kicked some momentum out of it for me. Couple of those in a row and to the PS4 home screen I go for some Pinball FX3 Williams relief.

Comment

Finally got a moose/bear rifle on theHunter. Uses magnum rounds, dropped my first moose from a fair distance with one shot! Went down like a bag of hammers. Only a 1 shot reload though

Comment

Rage 2.

Really, really enjoying it! Much, much more than I thought. The headshots are really satisfying to pull off and I love the Mad Max vibe. The downside is that the controls took a lot of tinkering with before it was playable.

The Final Station

Very strange and stripped back, yet oddly engrossing.

Lonely Mountains Downhill

Exquisitely lovely. Nicely balanced gameplay and controls, lush visually, and very challenging.

Comment

Nioh. Damn that first proper boss on the island kicked my arse many many many times. The dodge mechanic is extremely ropey. Apart from that I am enjoying it.

Still playing Battlefield V, the pacific maps are awesome.

Comment

I finished Arkham Knight on Friday.

At first the combat was too easy (mash mash mash), then too hard, then I upgraded a bit and took my time, learning how to deal with the different thugs.

Once I'd upgraded it a bit, it was a lot more fun and I really enjoyed caning around Gotham beating people up, solving riddles and finding out who the Arkham Knight was.

It's gorgeous to look at - Batman, leaping from the tallest building, gliding over the city with rain dripping down his cape as it ripples on the breeze whilst below, the neon glow of Gotham calls for his help.

I did 100% of the in-game challenges, skipping the AR ones and additional DLC missions as I've had my fill, but it was a nice game length. Didn't out stay its welcome, but not too short. A nice treat after 8 month epics like RDR2.

I didn't play anything over the weekend but last night I cracked open Driveclub VR, which I'd been saving until after I'd finished Bats.

Firstly - BIG shout out to my main man [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] who sorted me out with this.
                      It's GONE from the UK PS Store, never to return, but it was on sale on the Canadian store and Kryss sorted me out with a Canadian profile and only went and treated me to the game. I was pretty skint last month, so I really appreciated it.

So, onto the game and it's pretty fab! I played the demo and lamented not being able to get it anymore, but it's a lovely hybrid of modern race games like Forza, Gran Turismo and so on. Even a little Ridge Racer!

I've got it on easy mode with automatic braking when I reach the corners, but I'll take that off eventually, but it gives me a chance to enjoy the scenery. Most of the tracks are lovely. Racing around a Scottish loch, climbing the snow-capped hills on a mountain course or drifting around corners just before the sun finally dips into the ocean.
                      Blossom flutters over the course, flares mark your route, dust flies up from sand and birds fly overhead to make the courses feel alive.

I got an achievement for looking around, so I must've been gawping a lot.
                      You can also look around the cars, which is nice and something I've liked since getting PGR3 with my launch 360.

The car handling is suitably different in the cars and it's pretty immersive as I felt like I was about to bang my head on the roof going over a bump as my eyes were being tricked into thinking I was really in a car!

I reeeeeally like the challenges on the races (finish top 3, beat the cornering score, gain X drift points) and seeing your mates names pop up with a score to beat.

I let my wife have a go and she loved it, right until the first corner, when it made her feel really dizzy so had to quit.
                      I laughed at her and carried on, but when I went to bed, I was feeling a bit queasy too, so I'd obviously pushed my luck and karma got its revenge.

Great fun, gorgeous and makes me want to come back for more. Aces.

Comment

I'm really spinning my wheels at the moment. I'm on Floor 10 of Luigi's Mansion 3, my progress having slowed down but I'm still enjoying it. I've been doing matches in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare too but I think I'm going to uninstall it until Activision stop being tight asses and unlock the maps into the playlists.

I'm sitting part way through all sorts after that. Stuff like Terminator: Resistance, Greedfall and Borderlands 3 - I'm findsing myself really struggling to stick with something because everything requires such a time sink to get through. Nothing more off putting these days than 20+hr experiences.

Comment

Still loving Nioh. Though I think the difficulty spikes up and down a bit too much and I have no idea about forging soul matching etc I am having a good time playing. The first boss has definitely been the hardest so for. Oh no it wasn't, it was that samurai dude who can 1 shot you. I did him 3 times to farm the items and boy it was frustrating as hell.

Comment

Been playing the excellently slick STRIDER reboot on XB1, what a game. About 60/70% in and facing my most challenging boss so far, Ouroboros MK.III. Already died twice on him so far, just gotta learn the patterns...

Comment

Nah, I tell a lie, three quarters of my health gone this battle and just found a VERY easy way to beat the bast. He'll be dead by the next try, maybe even this one.

Comment

My last stint on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order actually saw me get back into it a bit so I'm going to give it the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X