This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I finished Gris. Lovely looking and a beautiful soundtrack but it was a bit of a chore as a game and is so abstract that no story comes through at all. Not what I was hoping for. Back to Octopath now.
    Some games have an identity crisis. Let’s call them “art games”. Gris is one such game, as it tries to evoke a certain emotional reaction purposefully.

This article perfectly sums up my feelings about Gris, I was hyped for it and drawn in by the beautiful artwork and amazing soundtrack but it didn’t get me like I thought it would, didn’t help the first achievement thing that popped for me was called
    as soon as I got that I was like, OH ok so this is a story about

The 7 stages of grief

it literally spelt it out for me.

At which point when I got to the end all I could think was, boy I’ve played games that have tackled this and done it so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      At which point when I got to the end all I could think was, boy I’ve played games that have tackled this and done it so much better.
      Yep. No story or themes came through in the game itself. I had seen a one-line pitch from the dev on what it was supposed to be about but it wasn't reflected in the game other than some statues that looked kind of sad. Without that or, yeah, the achievements,we would have no idea. So from a story perspective it was abstract to the point of losing any sense of what it might be about. Which could have been okay if it had been fun to explore but I didn't find that either.

Still, a lovely soundtrack so that's something.

Comment

You should play Gardens Between instead

Comment

Been playing some Chromecast party games. Pretty cool. Plug chromecast into TV. Download apps and Connect mobile phones. Go.

One was like pictionary so you draw on the phone screen. Very fun.

Comment

I have been playing a good chunk of Octopath Traveler. I like it but I don't love it. The stories with the eight characters are very separate so it feels a little clumsy and doesn't (yet) have that feeling of progression that I like it a good RPG. But it's good enough to stick with.

Comment

It sounds like a step back from the intertwined stories Square were doing years ago in Saga Frontier and stuff

Comment

Overwatch, embracing the rage.

Comment

Finished Valkyria Chronicles 4 earlier in the week. There's a different ending that can be obtained through certain criteria so I'm levelling my unit types up firstly before I tackle it. I've covered the normal skirmishes and am working through the squad stories. There's a lot of content on the initial disc which is not so common these days. I might give the DLC a look when it goes on sale (I'm not sure if the game sold great so although I'll cross my fingers I'll have to wait until next-gen before SEGA shares anything regarding a VC5 if they do at all (hopefully they stay well away from continuing the Valkyria Revolution spin-off).

Reckon I'll start something new on the weekend. Either get into something shorter like Titanfall 2 or move straight onto God of War or Horizon: Zero Dawn.
                  Last edited by Paddy; 20-01-2019, 18:11.

Comment

I was playing Kingdom Come Deliverance, but the lockpicking mechanic has killed it for me, so I stopped.

Comment

Given the release of the RE2 remake is imminent I played through birth scenarios of the original again completed them (its refreshing to play a game for 3-4 hours and complete it).

I gave Breath of the Wild a brief try last night which is barely enough to scratch the surface. The presentation is great and I look forward to playing some more (not sure I'm hoping to get into it just yet with the RE2 remake less than a week away).

Comment

Had my first stint with Forza Horizon 4. The 60fps mode is amazing

Comment

My PS4 finally arrived and I've been sucked into playing DS3 and thus have not touched anything else. Playing a knife wielding monk on one char and a straight up sorceror on another. Man this game is so, so good.

But after enjoying a whisper quiet X for the past couple of months, the PS4 sounds like I'm back in East Sheen living under the Heathrow flight path

I sure hope Sony really fixes this on PS5 as Microsoft has done a magnificent job with the noise on the X.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                            But after enjoying a whisper quiet X for the past couple of months, the PS4 sounds like I'm back in East Sheen living under the Heathrow flight path

I sure hope Sony really fixes this on PS5 as Microsoft has done a magnificent job with the noise on the X.
                            I bought my son a PS4 slim model yesterday and it runs pretty much silent ... unlike my Pro which basically sounds like a hair dryer.

Comment

Very little due to all sorts going on on the home scene so only managed three or four missions of RDR2 which seem to have plunged missions back into the mundane. Today, back in work and back on LA Noire.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                I bought my son a PS4 slim model yesterday and it runs pretty much silent ... unlike my Pro which basically sounds like a hair dryer.
                                Great to hear

Comment

Working...
                                X