Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed Division 1 and completed the campaign entirely via solo play so I'd imagine the sequel is the same.

Weekend is approaching and whilst work play continues on Batman: The Enemy Within I think over the weekend I'll be starting on The Division 2 and Devil May Cry 5

Comment

Fancied some pick-up-and-play action between Division 2 sessions so picked up Trials Rising, and the good news is there's still plenty of life in the series. It's heavily Ubisoft-ised, with a sprawling, overly-complicated interface and loot crates and store items and stuff ... but the riding and the courses are both brilliant. So it's got it where it counts.

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
        Hi is this ok for a single player? I only play on my own!
        Gamespot asked the question and wrote the article, Does The Division 2 work as a single player?
        Many loot-based games like The Division 2 revolve around squading up, but sometimes you just want to go it alone. And it works here.

I’ve been hammering Far Cry New Dawn and recently finished it up, absolutely awful final boss, holy crap it was so bad and felt like such a terrible way to end the game.

The overall game though I really enjoyed, even with the odd RPG/Looter elements they didn’t take away from the game like I thought they could. Ties in from Far Cry 5 nicely, really liked the expanded story and world building, looked incredible in 4K/HDR.

Comment

This week Matthew I have been playing Bloodborne and Baldurs Gate 2

Comment

I need to resume my playthrough of Baldur's Gate 2 soon, I imported my save from the first game but took a break a while back.

I'm going through a phase of beating shorter games currently, starting Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, or at least I will be if I can remember my Uplay login details.

Scrap that, the game thinks it's being funny lampooning garbage tutorials while forcing you to go through a garbage tutorial. Time for something else.

-edit-
            Playing Broken Sword 5, it's had a strong start, much better than 3 and 4. It definitely feels a lot closer to the first two so far.
            Last edited by Cepp; 17-03-2019, 16:29.

Comment

Finished Shenmue and fired up Shenmue 2.

Crikey, the difference in quality is astonishing. And no slowdown around the fountain!

I forgot to buy more capsule toys while I had the chance in Shenmue and I think I've overwritten the last save where I could roam around. I'll go back and see if I can because I think it'll save me time by not having to do gambling and whatnot now that my money's been stolen.

Comment

A couple today. First, The Orange Box on 360/XB1. Kicking off again on Half Life 2 because it's probably 7yrs since I last did it first time, just want to get this game done proper, I'm really after Portal tbh. HL2 is a game of two halves, to me. I *quite* like it but t'other side of me thinks it's kinda meh, especially that protracted airboat section (still on it...the joyous joys...)

This will be my third playthrough of this game, first time was OGXbox, and I'm sorta enjoying it and smashing boxes n' crates n' planks with the crowbar is great but this is *meeeeeehmongous*. I'm gonna finish it, though, it's still quite good, it propels along quite nicely. I'm more curious about Ep1, Ep2, and Portal like I said. Most of this feels like one massive 4-6hr sewer level.

Then, onto Crackdown 3. I like it. Really like it. It feels like Crackdown. It's basically Crackdown after a spit-shine.

It's fun and it's a romp and it looks cool. It is like Monopoly, Scrabble.

Or Cluedo.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  Finished Shenmue and fired up Shenmue 2.

Crikey, the difference in quality is astonishing. And no slowdown around the fountain!

I forgot to buy more capsule toys while I had the chance in Shenmue and I think I've overwritten the last save where I could roam around. I'll go back and see if I can because I think it'll save me time by not having to do gambling and whatnot now that my money's been stolen.
                  It does save you a lot of time if you have complete sets of gacha toys to sell. On the other hand if you're not spending 10+ hours doing menial labour, are you really playing Shenmue?

Comment

Disaster Day Of Crisis on the Wii.

Comment

Been enjoying my 14-day Game Pass code this morn.

Kicked off with a game called Layers of Fear. Initially, I was alarmed by the shonkyish frame rate but after a few minutes it becomes quite atmospheric. Will go back to it.

Next up, We Happy Few. I know I'm gonna like it purely because of the weirdness and aesthetic. I've already been crazy weirded out by that huge, projected black n white 60s dude with the mic early on in the game.

Now downloading something called 'Observer'. It looks ace, proper Blade Runner neon noir.

Loving the Game Pass, actually. I can see it being the future. I might get it tbh, just for the aforementioned weird/indie-type stuff.

Comment

It's a great way to discover lesser known titles that sometimes click with you more than the AAA big hitters.

I did some more RDR2 last night, chipping away at the missions, but I'm losing momentum after getting PSVR and a bunch of games to play, plus EDF 5 is on sale and Iron Rain is out next month..

Comment

I think I'm going to outright skip EDF5. Iron Rain being so soon (and even that will be one to wait on) feels like its made EDF5 a bit redundant

Comment

More Trials Rising. I only fancied a bit of pick-up-and-play but it's super addictive ways and steady progression have got their hooks into me. As I said already the interface is clunky as hell, and the loading screens are a pain, but the gameplay and the stages are absolutely spot on.

Comment

Halo 5 this week. Slowly working my way through my disgraceful sized backlog. I’m well impressed with Halo 5 so far. The squad mechanic is good and being able to climb to higher ground adds a tactical element the series never really had before. The 4K update looks lush and the use of surround sound is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                I think I'm going to outright skip EDF5. Iron Rain being so soon (and even that will be one to wait on) feels like its made EDF5 a bit redundant
                                That year wait has really lessened its impact, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X