Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still hooked, too, DARKSIDERS 2 again, at that sweet spot where I've pretty much done every spot on the second stage (the 'land of the dead' bit) and it's allowed me to return back to the first bit with all my new abilities so I can chill and find secrets and mop up a few side missions. Love it.

Level 17 so far, hoping I'm getting near to the OP stage, put about 23hrs in so far, bloody nuts!

Don't remember the first one being as long as this. There's a lot more dungeons than I thought. Not only that, they feel less stressful this time around...though they still seem fiendish. With the first one I'd always get this sense of potentially getting stuck that always narked me a tad, an inner tension that sorta put me off a wee bit...

Anyway, rambling. Great game.

Comment

Ndo over to QC regarding Black Mesa. I'm approaching the halfway mark and with much of the sewers and office spaces behind me, along with more weapons etc the game is starting to more closely resemble what I remember it being. It's mixing up encounters, platforming and areas a lot more now.

Comment

More DS2. It's getting tougher, now. Had a bit of trouble with The Deposed King but saw him off with my squadron of exploding zombies. Took three attempts and LOTS of rolling about, palms were sweating like mad after.

Just gave the optional Soul Arbiter's Maze a try and got to Floor 4, got squished after running out of health potions (jeez, you're limited to holding five!) Gonna level up a bit more first, try later.

Now on the City of the Dead and the puzzles get more brain-testing. Bloody rotating bridge puzzle! Actually figured out the puzzle but neglected to notice the laser battery I needed to collect. Took me a bleedin' HOUR to notice it, truly got that stuckness stress...

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

A very happy £1 spent at CEX last week.

Comment

The Red Strings Club on the Switch. A very short, but engrossing narrative-based pixel art cyberpunk adventure. The actual experience mainly consists of reading text and making dialogue choices. It had a few brief gameplay sequences (i.e. minigames) sprinkled in-between, but no so much as to distract from its real strengths: the presentation, the worldbuilding, the banter between characters, the overall narrative arc. I quite enjoyed what it had to offer and felt it was worth the price of admission (admittedly I bought it during a sale).

Comment

I’m back to Doom 3, playing the Resurrection of Evil expansion bit. It’s good. Replaying Doom 3 after all these years has me thinking it’s a superb game that just fell victim to its name and the expectations that brought with it. Taken for what it is, I think it’s excellent. And this expansion is a bit different too, losing the trap thing of enemies appearing behind you and stuff like that and being more of a direct wander and shoot stuff kind of thing. It also introduces a sort of gravity gun thing which is great except for the fact that I can’t figure out how to quickly switch to it (pretty sure it can be done as I’ve switched to stuff by accident before rather than having to cycle through the weapons). Anyway, it’s a good game.

Comment

^BFG Edition on PS3 is sublime. Just looking at the box for it makes me submissively weak, it's so damn brilliant. Doom is the daddy.

I remember Doom 3 got dissed a bit back in the day because it was seen as 'slow' but in this age of games taking 20+ hours to finish, it now feels pretty fast n' brief(ish).

Gonna have to find the 360 vers for a quid n' hope it's BC.

Comment

Back on DS2. Now it's channelling BULLET WITCH. Which is cool but the bullets aren't anywhere near as effective as the choppers.

But it's nice when games decide to throw you curveballs.

Comment

I've been playing this F2P monster hunter clone called Dauntless, it's pretty good!

Comment

Suddenly got the urge to play the original Halo this weekend.

I'm playing it on PC with some rather lovely mods to make it decent and closer to the Xbox version. And 60fps, too. It's really nice, even though I've always liked Halo in 30fps on the Xboxes.

Unfortunately, one thing those cool modders can't patch in is vibration support. I get why the PC port didn't have it - it was all about the keyboard and mouse back then - but it takes so much away from the experience.

Like when you crash-land in the second level and you can feel the faint rumblings of a Covenant drop ship before you see it. Or when you bash a grunt with your weapon.

It feels so... empty.

Comment

I've stickied this thread because we use it quite a lot.

I completed Half-Life.
                        It's still amazing. I seem to remember people disliking the Xen sections, but I think it's the best way to finish the story.
                        What a great game. Packed full of set-pieces, action and puzzles, it's a must-play.
                        I definitely like it more than HL2, with its ridiculously protracted hoverboat/gunship section.

Comment

Still Resident Evil 6, I'm at the end of the Jake/Sherry campaign which will just leave Ada left to complete.

Still trying to settle on something new out of work, may be tripe and will just move on but the next game is one from the PC backlog to try which is Blades of Time

Comment

Poured hours last night into the long dark, the animation style is fantastic as is the voice acting. Love how everything has a survival mechanic. It's extremely detailed in kitting yourself out as well as crafting & keeping yourself alive, had a quick go on survival mode but deciced to go back and do the story mode first also made the mistake of having the difficulty too high; i was keeling over dead all over the place as i got to grips with the life bar lol. Twatting rabbits with rocks and snapping their necks is pretty graphic especially the noise they make as you bounce a rock off. Dread to think what noises the deer make lol.

I have a feeling this is going to absorb hundreds of hours of my game time, well woth the £20 it cost.

Comment

^sounds interesting, will look out for that.

Just got to Shadow's Edge on DARKSIDERS 2. Not too far off, now, thankfully, I've *proper* caned this game but am getting severe hankerings to get onto New Vegas, that's next on the agenda and I can't bloody wait to play it through proper.

Getting to the point where I've pretty much had my fill but have thoroughly enjoyed it, bar a couple of bits n' bosses. Even though I'm playing the 360 version, it still manages to look exquisitely beautiful at points, like good vintage heavy metal cover art. If I see the Deathinitive (ugh) Edition in a sale, I might just get it for the visual beauty!

(Rubbish choonz, though. Dull as a bag of air. Even if everyone online seems to love 'em. Had to turn the music volume down to 0%).

Comment

Making my way through chapter 5 in The Witcher. The game's been extremely stable until I hit Old Vizima where the framerate dropped from 100+ to 35fps and the game became crash prone. I think the game engine is struggling under its own weight here. It's a small part of the game though and everything returned to normal when I moved on to the next area.

Comment

Working...
                                X