Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cured the Genofage in Mass Effect 3. Eve died due to a decision I made in Mass Effect 2 and it was quite a touching moment. Seeing the Reaper get taken out by the Thresher Maw was great; I'm at the turning point in the war now after laying the groundwork for the past 14 hours.

In contrast the flashback scenes continue to fall flat and I wish they weren't there.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      I only played the first Dead Space but that sounds ace [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION]
      I'd massively urge you to try the other two, they just keep being really bloody good. 1 is the truly scary, cool, John Carpenter one, with an anonymous Isaac. 2 is just an absolute, smooth banger. It's brilliant, underrated, it's just great slick fun. I'm still finding out what 3 is like but it's still brill.

On a whim, I'm comparing these to the best three A Tribe Called Quest albums. DS1 is 'The Low End Theory', DS2 is 'Midnight Marauders', DS3 is 'Beats, Rhymes and Life'.

I preferred playing thru the 360 version of DS2 better than the PS3 purely due to the controller, DS2 is equally amazing on both, it is a game that is as polished as ****.

Benefit of PS3 is it comes on one disc and with the full version of that Wii gun shooter, Dead Space Extraction. But with much better gfx than Wii. PS3 version is a total barg, love it when you get an extra game chucked in.

Comment

I've actually been playing Resi 7 Biohazard tonight, it's been the best part of a year since I last played it and I feel I'm pretty close to where my last save was when I played it last.

Wanna get to a point where I feel a bit less vulnerable than I do. I'm craving exploding heads with the shotty once I find the dummy shotty.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          I'd massively urge you to try the other two, they just keep being really bloody good.
          I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for some cheap used copies. Actually, I thought I owned one of the sequels digitally ... no luck on xbox, just checking PS3 ...

Quality metaphor btw

EDIT: I have Dead Space 3 on my PS3
          Last edited by Atticus; 17-02-2019, 11:36.

Comment

Red Dead Redemption 2
            So, I was riding around the swamps looking for the Legendary fish when I heard a guy say "Hey frieeeend . Whatcha doing out here? You want me to be your friend?"

Now, I was hella jumpy, having shot a woman as part of a Night People trap and some people carrying a body to a tiny church, so I was about to go in, when I hesitated and read some spoilers, and I'm pleased I did.

He drugs you and makes you squeal like a pig.
            Not only that, but other NPCs say "Hey, I heard about you and your " friend " in the swamp."
            I couldn't have my badass reputation besmirched, so I tried to rope him and feed him to the 'gators, but he escaped when I got distracted photographing a thunderstorm.

I reloaded and tried again but this time he ran inside his shack and locked the door, taunting you from safety.

So I glitched inside, took this picture, shot him and took all his possessions (including a cigarette card).

Rapist douchebag.

Here are some more photos of scenery and people, but I'll Spoiler them to avoid spamming the thread, apart from that great shot of a lightning storm:

The draw distance on this game is phenomenal.

Rainbow and clouds casting a shadow.

Mysterious shrine atop a mountain.

This guy plays a mean harmonica.

Just doing some whittlin'.

Some big fish in this crystal lake.

Moments later, this guy started shooting at me. :/

Moonlight by the river.

Rare cutlass on a pirate's skeleton.

Bird taking flight in the swamps.

Searching for the Legendary fish as the moon reflects on the water.

Comment

See that mountain over there? You can go there.

No but you actually can in this game, bungie I’m looking at you.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                See that mountain over there? You can go there.

No but you actually can in this game, bungie I’m looking at you.
                It's amazing, isn't it?

Those views of a river snaking through the valley seem miles away, but I was there earlier, so know you can get to nearly anywhere you can see.

Comment

Those screenshots make the game world look very nice. I'll eventually get to it but I'm still working through my backlog atm.

I've just finished Breath of the Wild. I must have been hesitant though as I've been enjoying traversing the game's world, completing shrines, climbing, gliding and fighting in the different areas. I'm sure there's still plenty to do post-game so I'll keep playing for now. I'll move on eventually but I'm happy I finally got around to playing it. Maybe I'll get into Super Mario Odyssey next.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    It's amazing, isn't it?

Those views of a river snaking through the valley seem miles away, but I was there earlier, so know you can get to nearly anywhere you can see.
                    My jaw drops every time I put it on.

Comment

Good chunk of Resi 7, am well stuck into the bit I played up to last time, the first encounters with The Molded in that icky basement area. The Resi feel is really clicking, now. At first, I wasn't so sure, it felt great but not Resi. At first. Damn, it's good. Gooooood. So icky, too, really does feel like dingy, horrible places. Think I'm not far from getting the shotty, just got the Scorpion Key.

Comment

Finished Mass Effect 3, they do a really good job of selling just how desperate the situation is and have a great build up to the final confrontation. The final section itself however was a bit of a let down sadly.

I wanted to choose the Destroy ending but couldn't see a path to it so I just chose Synthesis instead which seemed a bit out there and unrealistic but meh, it'll do.
                        Last edited by Cepp; 17-02-2019, 21:39. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Just beaten the chainsaw fight in the dissection room. Stressful, took about eight goes. Thank god THAT's over. Chainsaw felt too squidgy and fudgy, delayed, confusing, prefer shooting my bosses tbh.

Comment

I've been playing a bit of AC Chronicles India, Bloodborne and Infamous Second Son.

Comment

More Red Dead Redemption 2.
                              I'll stop spamming the thread soon, but I'm still amazed at how beautiful the game is and how much they've packed into it.

One of the first stranger missions I found was with a guy called Francis Sinclair, which really threw me because he didn't fit in with the rest of what I'd seen and wondered if the game was set later than I thought, but it turn out he's an anomaly.
                              This red-haired wiry guy asks you to find stone carvings for him, but he talks like he's from the 1920s, confusing Arthur, and wears clothing from that era too - a sleeveless jumper and a tie.

I've been looking for Dinosaur bones, but thought I'd swap to the rock carvings and went back to Francis' house, expecting it to be locked, but found this insane picture on the wall (which the rock carvings represent).

You can clearly see what looks like Francis stepping in and out of portals and depictions of the Pyramids and a futuristic city.

It turns out, there are fan theories that make Francis part of the Epsilon program from GTAV.

Deffo going to finish this mission now!

Here are some other sightseeing locations:

Ridin' the Rails, I came across this tunnel.

I went inside and I saw this writing on the wall "SEEK AND I SHALL FIND".
                              Sounds cryptic, but it's a cheat code!

The train rides past this waterfall and you can get behind it. There's nothing there except a hat. If you put the hat on, it reveals the suicide note of a famous performer who jumped off the waterfall because he was so unhappy and tired of pretending he was.

I found a shack that had a note saying a mother was going after the men that took her money and the kids should stay inside with the doors locked and there was plenty of food, but I suspect she never made it back as the kids aren't looking too healthy.

I was near a river when a couple of Murfree Brood started shooting at me. Then some more. Then some more!
                              The radar said there were more enemies, so I set of to wipe them out, but I'd stumbled on their hideout and ended up using nearly all of my shotgun ammo clearing it out!
                              I burned all of their bodies and gawped at how messed up they were, making horrific sculptures out of corpses.

I found a house with a note outside and wondered if it held any further secrets, but it really is just a decorative shell.
                              I should probably stop breaking the immersion, but it's fascinating to see what they've made.

Finally, here are some general sightseeing photos.

Comment

I wrapped up Red Dead Redemption II this weekend. Finished the main game and I did a chunk of what follows but it was awful, god awful, takes the game right back deep into the worst excesses of its earliest hours and once I read up what else there is to do it just felt like a really needless and poorly handled extension of the experience. October through February is enough for any game so best to quit on as close to a high as can be.

Tried Apex Legends, meh.
                                Working through Crackdown 3 now, it's not great but it's cheap and a welcome change of pace for the brief time it takes to complete.

Comment

Working...
                                X