This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Yes and no, in that order. The definitive version of XI looks to be the... definitive... way of playing one of the best RPGs of recent years.
    Great, thanks!

Comment

Yoshi's Island

I've realised the best way to go through these games is on the Switch while commuting. I'm already on world 2, which is farther than I've ever got in the many years since it could finally be emulated.

Comment

I had some downtime yesterday and thought I'd give the SNES / Switch thing a go. Timed myself on Mario World, and got it cleared in just under 40 minutes, which felt good. Also been continuing to slowly chip away at MHW Iceborne, which is great fun.

But by far my biggest, most noteworthy mention for this week has to be Crypt of the Necrodancer. I first played it a few years back and did the level-by-level slog through it, finding it very difficult and not even humouring myself with the idea of an all-zones clear. I've dabbled with it a few times since then, going through phases of attempting the daily challenge, and more recently grinding a bit harder after some lucky runs had me getting further into the game and getting my confidence up. Finally, it has happened - yesterday I got an all-zones clear, on the daily challenge run no less, and I can now hold my head high that I have beaten the game properly. I was buzzing for hours afterward

Comment

I just finished Super Metroid. It was super. I had never completed that game before. The design of the end boss is a bit rubbish and the only reason that stands out is that almost every single other thing about that game is great. It’s a decade beyond what else was coming out at the time in terms of design, IMO. A fantastic game.

Comment

This weekend:

Gears 5 - Finishing this up
            Blair Witch - I don't know if it's actually going to be for me but with a week or so left of Game Pass I might as well
            The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening - Won't get much done as Switch is a week time device mostly. The framerate dips are jarring so far and it feels like the game is massively shorter than I remember but it seems lovingly done.
            Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Will try a bit more of the Beta

If Blair Witch doesn't stick then I'll start Man of Medan

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              I bought Onrush on the PS4 for £5. Sadly, I can see why it was a huge flop. The game engine is quite impressive -- clear graphics at a good frame rate. But not having a proper 'racing' mode was a stupid decision. I also think the overall design is quite bland and uninspiring. The graphics are quite attractive, but there's no imagination and flair.

Overall, it feels more like an early alpha build than a proper complete package. If an indie developer had released it for £10, then I think people would have been more interested, but a full price game from a big studio & publisher should have been so much better in all areas.
              i like onrush - but the multiplayer online is probably dead by now

Comment

PC Gaming - Finished Gears main story Monday, Almost at the end of A Plague Tale.
                My Switch Lite and a copy of Links Awakening have turned up to keep me busy over the weekend

Comment

Why is everyone banging on about Zelda, when you could be playing Untitled Goose Game, where you go around as a grumpy goose just bullying everyone you meet?

It's £17.99 £13.49(-25%) until 04/10/2019

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Why is everyone banging on about Zelda, when you could be playing Untitled Goose Game, where you go around as a grumpy goose just bullying everyone you meet?

It's £17.99 £13.49(-25%) until 04/10/2019

Evil sod simulator 2019!

Comment

You just go around mashing people's days up by honking at them and stealing their stuff!

Also out tomorrow: The Sojourn

Comment

That's the best game ever, the bit with the glasses and aeroplane was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                          That's the best game ever, the bit with the glasses and aeroplane was hilarious.
                          I was thinking you'd love it as I watched it!

I liked the bit where you help the guy playing coits, then honk as he throws a hoop, he overthrows, then you leg off with it!

Comment

Just brilliant.

Comment

I really want that goose game when I get my Switch back.

Having completed Super Metroid, I don’t really have anything else to play. I figured I might jump into another Metroid. Started the original, which I have never made much progress in, but the lack of any map is really the end of that. I then went on to the Samus Returns remake on 3DS. That game is absolutely gorgeous. Really beautiful visual design. But it’s interesting playing it after just playing Super Metroid because it feels really different. Samus is a stick figure and feels lighter as a result and yet the morphball is much heavier, losing all its bounce. And the new mechanics jar going from Super to this, even though I know they work pretty well in the game having completed it before.

So then moved on to Fusion. That game feels perfect. Samus looks superb in that blue chunky suit and the weight is there and the controls work really well, better than Super IMO. So I’m tempted to play through this one again. Maybe. I have it on 3DS but I might charge up one of my GBAs and play Zero Mission again...

Comment

Tales of Symphonia (PS3) and Devil May Cry (PS4) with some Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2 Classics on PS3) and Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) in-between. SM3DL never gets old - must have beaten it three times already but it's still just as much fun to play though
                                Last edited by Nico87; 21-09-2019, 10:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X