X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollow Knight. Incredible!

Comment

Started the Homocide desk on LA Noire, arrive at the first case to investigate the body and woah! NSFW! Back to work then

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Started the Homocide desk on LA Noire, arrive at the first case to investigate the body and woah! NSFW! Back to work then
        Like the priest in Scary Movie 2. I'd post a link but that'd also be NSFW

Comment

Started Nier Automata. I stuck it on around 2200 and the next thing I knew it was nearly midnight. Been a while since a game had that effect on me.

Comment

Finished Ace Combat Assault Horizon and had a blast doing so. It feels like the game... flew under the radar last gen... Checking the Steam reviews it seems to have got some hate for not being like the other Ace Combat games but I had a lot of fun personally. The colour palette is somewhat muted however, like a lot of games from that era unfortunately.

Comment

Obsessed with t x k on the vita this week

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                Started Nier Automata. I stuck it on around 2200 and the next thing I knew it was nearly midnight. Been a while since a game had that effect on me.
                Its a very interesting title that has a unique and different feel to those of the same genre. I hope you stick with it.

I finished Spiderman yesterday. Brilliant production values, a compelling story and a satisfying ending. Its not often AAA games feel so full but this one does a great job of giving the player a fantastic experience (probably the best since the Arkham games).

I also had a session on Soul Calibur 6 and have returned to Valkyria Chronicles 4. The latter is guilty of having 10 mins of story and dialogue scenes between battles on occasion but the gameplay is great and the characters are charming. I've heard it reduces the amount of chatter in later chapters anyway so I'll keep going with it for now.
                Last edited by Paddy; 11-12-2018, 15:45.

Comment

Tried my hand at South Park: The Stick of Truth but it seems to be nothing but running around town on fetch quests getting into the occasional fight with stupidly easy combat.

It's probably more fun if you're really into South Park.

Comment

Finally playing Abzu, man this game is stunningly beautiful. It's like journey but underwater, each section so far has had me stopping just to admire the beauty. Oh how i wish this was in VR it's perfect for it.

Comment

Playing some more of Farpoint on PSVR. This is really impressive. The developers have really thought about using the environment in this game with loads of audio and visual cues that make you look around which wouldn’t work on a normal TV. And another little touch I found quite smart is the time displayed on your characters wrist isn’t in game time. It’s the time where you actually are in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        Playing some more of Farpoint on PSVR. This is really impressive. The developers have really thought about using the environment in this game with loads of audio and visual cues that make you look around which wouldn’t work on a normal TV. And another little touch I found quite smart is the time displayed on your characters wrist isn’t in game time. It’s the time where you actually are in the real world.
                        Are you using the Move controller?

Sounds great and what a nice touch!

Comment

I have the Aim controller for the PSVR it really does add to the immersion in game seeing your actions directly affecting things in game.

Comment

Loving Just Cause 4 at the moment!

Comment

Still loving Unravelled 2. Playing through with my daughter.

Comment

This week and weekend:

LA Noire
                                Distracting me from Smash, I'm now early into the Vice cases with 24/40 street missions completed. Still a ways to go and likely to get shelved till new year when I go off work. Still really enjoying it though even if the interrogation system is still frustrating.

Red Dead Redemption II
                                Still only in very small occasional doses and still way back in Chapter II

Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves
                                Doing two chapters a night, Chapter 11 next, so only takes about 15mins to chip forward and provides a nice break

One I had been trying but have shelved is:
                                Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
                                Much better setting than Origins but... I just can't. It's too much, too soon and feels so similar it's a chore. The assassin aspect is so poorly realised at this point as well that interest in the series for me is finally reaching bottom level.

So, this weekend I'll likely turn my main sights on to Hitman 2

Comment

Working...
                                X