No announcement yet.

Far Cry 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it's a great structure but it's basically unchanged all that much since FC3.

They've made it so the map is split into three and you uncover it more organically now which is nice (previously you were scaling towers and destroying them)... But peel it all back and a lot is still the same old FC. The wingsuit, hunting, random mayhem on the roads etc...

I'm exactly a third in having 100% Holland Valley but if I'm honest I expected more. I'm not saying it's not fun, but strip back the pretty graphics (on Xbox One X) and it's a bit of a feeling, again. I guess I was suckered by the new storyline but yeah it's decent but I'm feeling it needs to lose marks on some level.

Comment

I ended each region with 100%, 100% and of course 99%! WTF?!
      I missed one mission it seeems and it looks like it can NEVER reappear, mission is in Holland Valley and it’s called Hit The Gas so keep an eye out for it, get it done because once you liberate it, the chance of completion is gone.
      There may even be another one in Faith’s region, which is to destroy 3 boats and 3 cars, so watch out for that one too, by the time I got there I already knew this could possibly happen because of the way you liberate the islands via the preset encounters.

Other than that the 50 hours I spent doing everything I really, really enjoyed. I feel the setting and the split into three regions really did help give the game some focus, even just doing some fishing or hunting feels quite natural for the environment. I think I will grab the season pass once the actually release some new content.

Comment

Good to know

Comment

All finished now. Very enjoyable on the whole ... and just about the right size too ... but ultimately a little forgettable now it's over, like a big daft summer blockbuster.

Comment

Fun game while it lasted, but very rough around the edges with some of the the laziest and sloppiest game design I've seen. Shame as a little polish goes a long way.

Comment

Completed my first play through of the first DLC, Hours of Darkness, today. Put over seven hours in to it. I suspect it could be completed within an hour if you ignored things like exploring, side-missions and generally having fun.

The perks system doesn't requires you to spend points. Instead, as you get stealth kills you unlock up to four active perks which you lose if you're spotted or die. You can also trap/sabotage vehicles and call in air strikes.

Completing the game in Normal mode unlocks two new modes: Survival and Action Movie. I've not tried these yet.

An atmospheric and fun bit of DLC.

Comment

Get some charlie!

Comment

Looks like the “Martian” DLC will be out soon as the achievements are now showing on Live.

Comment

Two months since completing the main game I still get an involuntary urge to immobilise every white pick-up truck I see out on the road.

Comment

I know what you mean. I keep having to fight the urge to start a cult.

Comment

The ‘Lost on Mars’ DLC dropped a couple of weeks ago. This time you place as Nick, the pilot from the main game. Hurk, who has undergone something of a transformation, is your sidekick. I had fun completing it but didn't find the gameplay as satisfying as the first lot of DLC. The dialogue is sometimes absolutely bat**** but did make me chuckle. The ending was absolutely no surprise, and the chatter between the characters at the end acknowledges that. I completed the Vietnam DLC three times but have no desire to revisit Mars.

I award the Mars DLC three olives and a chunk of feta cheese.

Comment

Zombie DLC now live. Not that I'll get to play it for a bit as I'm off on holiday for 10 days tomorrow.

That's tomorrow. Holiday. 10 days. Greece. Low temps of 20 overnight. 30s in day. Will try and cope.

Comment

The zombies is a decent bit of dlc; probably the best of the 3

Comment

Jesus Christ what a steaming pile of pish this is.

The map is the same all over the place. The enemies are all the same. The guns are all the same. The missions and objectives are all the same. I'm 10 hours in and just about ready to kill myself.

It started off really strong, too. But then after hour upon hour of SAME it began to grate heavily. I'm playing 'all guns blazing' while avoiding upgrades to try and keep things spicy - the firefights are engaging enough I suppose... Although I'm getting tired of those now too.

It came free with my mic. That's the only reason I'm playing it.

Comment

I spent about 30 hours on this (Xbox One - done 2 of the areas) and really tried to like it. It has moments of brilliance but repetition, armies of bad guys all over the place that spawn at will along with the awful looting system just killed it for me. I did try and like it.

Unfortunately I paid for it lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X