3D - The Third Dimension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I watched Ghost in the Shell that the lovely [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] got for me and it's lovely.
    One of the few I've seen that works well in 3D - far too often the layers in them are too defined and obvious. Unless the movies are specifically filmed with 3D in mind with the proper camera setups, it usually doesn't work. It's not something you can add in post by pixel shifting things about, but that does seem to be what happens with a number of these 3D titles which just ends up with a load of layer clipping.

Comment

I watched Jupiter Ascending in 3D the other night and although it feels like they've crammed 3 films of plot into 1 film, I have to say it's bloody lush to look at and some lovely 3D effects.

Comment

For its 30th anniversary, I watched Jurassic Park in 3D.

There's a nice extra about the conversion to 3D with an interview with Spielberg, who said he pictured the film being made in 3D, but the tech wasn't there at the time.

He said he used the "trombone effect" in shots to compare the big and the small.
        Sounds saucy, but you totally know what he means!

If you're a 3D fan, get this disc.

It's a fantastic film that stands the test of time and some of the shots are even more thrilling in 3D.

Comment

Working...
        X