3D - The Third Dimension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some good suggestions, team!
    I didn't realise that TT doc was 3D, I can imagine that's thrilling as it races along.
    I'll have to be careful asking for that on my birthday.
    "Please can I have the 3D TT movie?"
    "The 3D titty movie?! You're on the couch!"

I saw The Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D at a special showing at The Regent Cinema in Redcar, VP. It was a great night!

Comment

Dredd was actually made specifically to be shown in 3D and looks great.

Games wise Gears of War 3, Sine Mora and Crysis 2 on the 360 are mighty impressive in 3D. The first Batman game has 3D support too IIRC.

Comment

Wow, Trine 2 is brilliant! Why didn't someone tell me about it earlier?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Wow, Trine 2 is brilliant! Why didn't someone tell me about it earlier?!
          Now try Child of Eden. Also, House of the Dead Overkill is 3D compatible.

Comment

Can I just say I love the thread title. Cracks me up every time I see it and I mentally read it in a Dr. Frink voice

Last edited by randombs; 30-03-2018, 03:06.

Comment

Pacific Rim 1 is probably the best none 3d film converted to 3d, it looks amazing!

Comment

The Flying Swords of Dragon Gate is an amaxing 3d wuxia film. It has one or two breathtaking scenes well worth a watch!

Comment

I've got 47 Ronin and Boxtrolls still waiting to be watched right now.

Comment

Even though I'm not a huge fan of 3D I do hope Thriller 3D eventually materialises. I'm sure John Landis has hinted at it a few times. I think it would be ace.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Even though I'm not a huge fan of 3D I do hope Thriller 3D eventually materialises. I'm sure John Landis has hinted at it a few times. I think it would be ace.
                      When the camera pull zooms the scenery behind the girl at the reveal of the wereJacko is crying out to be seen in 3D.

Comment

Amazon's 5 for 30 quid includes some 3D goodies like Dredd.

Comment

There is a John Wayne western in proper 3d, but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere

Comment

Gotta give a shout out to my man [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] for mentioning Trine.

I discovered I must have got Trine 2 when it was on PS+, so I thought I'd test it out. I meant to watch a film, but totally got drawn in.

It's a lovely little puzzler in its own right, easily up there with Braid or Limbo. The levels are scattered with level-up orbs and I'm constantly trying to snag them all using all of the powers my heroes have at their disposal.

You play three characters drawn into a quest. A thief with a bow and grappling hook, a knight with a sword and shield and a wizard who can make blocks appear and move them with telekinesis.

None of the puzzles are taxing and there's always a checkpoint around the corner, but it's been a joy to play.

On top of all of that it's absolutely stunning to look at and the 3D is fantastic. Each level seems to bring something new to admire like translucent ice or deadly pendulums swinging at the camera.

Take this moment, for example.
                            You're making your way along a beach trying to reach a castle. A storm begins and your character braces for the wind and holds onto his hat.
                            Lighting bombards the rocks in the background and a giant octopus is moving platforms for you to traverse with the rain glistening off his body.
                            Just a passing moment, but the game is full of gorgeous moments like this.

Bonus pic: giant enemy crab!

Comment

Thor: Ragnarok was enjoyed today as my 3DBD arrived from the UK. Still messed up you can't get it in Canada, but whatever.

Comment

A decade after it was re-introduced into wide releases and just over eight years since “Avatar” helped make it mainstream, 3D cinema is now finally looking to be dying off. Peaking in 2010 with $2.2 billion in sales, the revenue generated by 3D film session tickets has decreased each year with a new report from […]

3D cinema ticket sales have dropped to their lowest since 2009. Coupled with the closure of most 3DTV lines, it'll be interesting as to how long 3D home releases are still released.

Comment

Working...
                                X