No announcement yet.

3D - The Third Dimension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw it at the cinema and enjoyed it, but yeah, it's definitely worth a watch, especially in 3D.

One thing I noted at the time is that the original anime was really influential and we've had decades of sci-fi nicking bits off it, so by the time the film came out, it felt a little derivative, but it's actually being really faithful to the source.

That Lotus is mint, though!
    I also like Aramaki's car.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I saw it at the cinema and enjoyed it, but yeah, it's definitely worth a watch, especially in 3D.

One thing I noted at the time is that the original anime was really influential and we've had decades of sci-fi nicking bits off it, so by the time the film came out, it felt a little derivative, but it's actually being really faithful to the source.

That Lotus is mint, though!
      I also like Aramaki's car.

]
      That's also a Lotus!

Comment

Ha! Is it really? Brilliant!

Comment

Lotus Excel/Eclat

Comment

And the car in the background on that photo, is a Subaru XT.

Comment

I thought it was Japanese, because there's an above shot and there are big vents in the bonnet!

Big, pulsating chunks of the internet are quite excited about the trailer just released for the movie adaptation of the iconic manga and anime Ghost in the Shell. Sure, it looks exciting and is full of sexy killsexbots and all that, but, more importantly, there are cars in there, too. Extremely unusual ones. Let’s…

Tons of pictures from the Ghost in the Shell trailer premiere in Tokyo featuring the various props and costumes like Scarlett Johansson’s Thermoptic Pistol.

Comment

A learned you some learnings!

Comment

Every day is a school day!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Every day is a school day!
                    Just don't let me catch you firing a water pistol into some trophy cups!

Comment

Ooooh bit of an old thread revive here but thought this might be the best place for a quick question & just afetr advice on how peopel feel about kids watching 3D movies?

Chloe is 7 & a half now & I seem to remember reading years ago that 3D wasn't really suitable for kids under 7 because of the eyes developing still.
                      Was this the case or was it rubbish & also do you think she will be ok to finally start watching some 3D stuff?

Ta

Neil

Comment

It was mostly a precautionary guideline as the effects weren't truly all that known and it mostly applied to longer term exposure, like you might get playing games on the 3DS which is where it came up more. A two-hour movie isn't going to have much effect on the eyes and she is already above that 7 year old threshold so I'd you're fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          It was mostly a precautionary guideline as the effects weren't truly all that known and it mostly applied to longer term exposure, like you might get playing games on the 3DS which is where it came up more. A two-hour movie isn't going to have much effect on the eyes and she is already above that 7 year old threshold so I'd you're fine.
                          Sweet, I thought it was more to do with the 3DS but couldn't remember if it applied or not

Just had some new 3D glasses through & with the current shut in we are planning a 3D movie & Pizza night tomorrow
                          Chloe is super excited about the prospect of being able to watch a 3D movie properly & the new glasses are frankly amazing from what I tried the other day when I paired them

Thanks again Mr Thang

Neil

Comment

Just a quick report but we just finished our 3D movie evening & it was a blast

First up these were the new 3D glasses I picked up
                            Excelvan rechargeable specs
                            Absolutely amazing...so much better than the Samsung things I'd been is using before

We tried them out watching this

Had been told it was a good movie with really good 3D effects & I can confirm that
                            The 3D is used to great effect, the depth of field is fantastic & it also has some really great pop out moments too
                            Highly recommended if you haven't seen it

Looking forward to doing some others soon

Neil

Comment

Duplicate post

Comment

Got some more films off eBay for under a fiver each.
                                The Incredible Hulk, Captain America 1 and Guardians of the Galaxy 1.
                                Now I have all the Marvel films up to Captain Marvel and Endgame.

Going to be funny showing them to him and pretending Infinity War is the last film!

Comment

Working...
                                X