No announcement yet.

Jurassic Park VI - Jurassic World 3: Dominion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched the Big Rock short and it was cool.

Only watched Fallen Kingdom the other day for the first time and I enjoyed the utter bobbins nature of it.

Comment

Universal Pictures has now joined Walt Disney Pictures and Paramount Pictures in calling for a temporary stop to its feature productions with Colin Trevorrow’s “Jurassic World: Dominion,” Rachel Morrison’s sports drama “Fling Strong” and Nick Stoller’s Billy Eichner comedy all going on hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic. In a statement released by the studio, […]

Universal have suspended filming on the new film due to the virus

Comment

Campbell Scott will take over the role of Dr. Lewis Dodgson for the upcoming “Jurassic World: Dominion” from Universal Pictures. Dodgson was the contact of Dennis Nedry (Wayne Knight) in the original 1993 feature “Jurassic Park”. His appearance was a single scene but many remember the bit as the pair discuss smuggling out dinosaur embryos […]

Dodgson, the single scene character from the original Jurassic Park who presented Nedry with the shaving cream can, will return for the sixth film but will be recast due to the prison sentence the original actor is serving for his assault of a minor. Actor Campbell Scott will now play the role of Dodgson who worked for a rival of InGen.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          https://www.darkhorizons.com/dodgson...k-gets-recast/
          Dodgson, the single scene character from the original Jurassic Park who presented Nedry with the shaving cream can, will return for the sixth film but will be recast due to the prison sentence the original actor is serving for his assault of a minor. Actor Campbell Scott will now play the role of Dodgson who worked for a rival of InGen.
          :edit: I just read the link. It's not something I want to joke about

Comment

The 2021 line up begins to creep into 2022 with this now also delayed, alongside a new teaser poster:

Comment

Something to ease the delay pain

Comment

Is it weird that it depresses me that we're now up to 6 Jurassic Park movies?

Of something that was pretty much perfect out-of-the-gate, and none of the sequels have really done much?

Comment

I find them to be a little like crack, I can't get enough. the quality falls and rises like mad from entry to entry but somehow I find the whole thing endearing. I really enjoyed the animated series that just came out even though it's still the same story as ever and the animation isn't so hot, it was much better than I thought it would be. The recent online short was decent too, it's definitely held up that it being set in a theme park will always be the best set up so every story not set in that context suffers. I like that JP6 will be doubling down on nostalgia (I'd love a Jurassic Park 3.5 set in the years between III and World covering when teams would have had to go back to Isla Nubar and Jurassic Park in order to establish control of it again so as to be able to build Jurassic World) but they need to think carefully about 7 onward because the dinosaurs in the general wild is too dull and worn.

Comment

You seem to know a lot about crack.

Comment

I love the JP films. As [MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION] says the quality is all over the shop but watching the huge dinosaurs run around takes me back to when I was a teenager and I went to see the first with my Dad and Grandad.

Comment

You can't beat the first. You can say it's a classic but even that doesn't cut it. It feels like everyone from the director to the guy who moped the floor put in they're best work.

Comment

Ahead of the arrival of the second season of Netflix’s animated “Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous” series, executive producer Colin Trevorrow has been out doing publicity. Trevorrow, of course, is known for directing the massive hit “Jurassic World” and returns to the franchise for the upcoming “Jurassic World: Dominion”. That film, the third in the current […]

Trevorrow talks about how Dominion is written as an ending to the World trilogy that retroactively adds more meaning to the events of World and Fallen Kingdom, also how it acts as an ending to the wider Jurassic Park franchise as a six installment series. The ongoing animated series on Netflix will also build added narrative that ties in with Dominion.

It's worth remembering however that Universal has already thrown around the idea of continuing with Jurassic Park VII

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            It's worth remembering however that Universal has already thrown around the idea of continuing with Jurassic Park VII
                            Jurassic Park VII: Jurassic World 4: Jurassic Galaxy 1?

Comment

I'm really curious as to how they see the franchise moving forward, it's always the case that it loses steam the more it moves away from the Park. To be honest, I'd still enjoy a nostalgia filled Jurassic Park 3.5 set during the reclamation of Isla Nubar so that Jurassic World could be built.

As much as mining that same setting has its issues the animated series does a good job of getting mileage out of. Execution is much of the issue.

Comment

That sounds more like a TV series.

Comment

Working...
                                X