Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing to see, move along

Edit - all gone again.

Getting rid of more of my duplicates/spares! Payment via PPG or BT, price includes UK postage via Hermes. Could come to a deal for Neo Geo MVS stuff - Neo Turf Masters/Big Tournament Golf, Metal Slug 3, Shockboxes, or a nice white Game Boy Advance.

Pete

SOLD

Black Model 1 Sega Saturn with some bells and whistles. £110 including UK posting via Hermes (I think I've priced this cheaper than ebay)
    • Region Free BIOS fitted, pop in any region game and it will play with no tinkering (socket installed to make swapping of BIOS easier in the future).
    • Phantom Universal Modchip - allows playing of burnt games (burn some translations and play them).
    • 50/60Hz Video Mode selection via the Reset Button - power LED changes to Red for 50Hz mode, Green for 60Hz.

Comes with the following!
    • Official RGB Scart Lead - this thing is LONG.
    • Official Model 2 (smaller style) Pad.
    • Official Power Lead with Sega Saturn logo on mains plug

Disclaimer - I bought the Saturn as faulty recently because it wouldn't power on, I replaced the PSU with a spare that I had. The Pad is only in okay condition, it too was bought as faulty because the plug on it had started to come apart and a wire had come loose - I connected the wire up and used some seriously strong glue to hold it together.

Video Mode/Power LED/Reset button mod (grey wires are factory fitted, the chip and coloured wires are the mod)

Video Mode/Power LED/Reset button mod part 2!

Modchip for playing CDRs (the black square is the modchip.

Region Free BIOS

How To Use
    • Modchip is disabled if you switch the console on with the CD lid open.
    • To switch video modes keep the reset button held down, the Power LED will swap between Red and Green - letting go of the button on Green will set the console to 60Hz mode, if you release it on Red then it will set it to 50Hz mode. (I made it Red for 50Hz as a warning that the console is running in 50Hz mode!)
    • To Reset the the console, just press and release the reset button quickly.

1chip Super Famicom Console only. There is some discolouring to the console and some scratches on the top of it so please check the photos out. £80

The 1chip consoles have a sharper RGB output on them, but they also come with some quirks which results in graphical glitches. Some of these can be fixed, so I have done the following on this console
    • Brightness fix.
    • Installed new Voltage Regulator to prevent white line glitch.
    • Replaced capacitor to prevent ghosting problem.

It has not been modded to play import games or switch between 50/60Hz, only the above graphical mods have been completed.

EURO Dreamcast with a few modifications:
    • Regionfree BIOS installed, direct boot any region game with no boot disk or resetting.
    • Battery socket fitted and new rechargeable LIR2032 battery installed.
    • Controller board fuse replaced with a self resetting fuse. If you blow the fuse by dicking about with controllers and the controllers stop working, simply switch the console off and back on again and all will be working again.
    • Console video mode set to NTSC (games will still play in their respective video mode, this just means the console menu is in NTSC mode).

I bought the console as faulty, I repaired some broken traces on the motherboard which were as a result of a failed BIOS install. There is some yellowing to the console, I'll add a photo when the lighting is good.

Console only, £50 inc Hermes delivery in the UK. BT or PPG.

UPDATE - 07/05/18
    I bought some more Dreamcast consoles so that I could update an out of date guide on my site, now I need to sell them on! They are console only and have some discolouration. I've tried USA, JPN, EURO original games and some home-brew CDR on each of them with success. £50 inc UK delivery via Hermes.

EURO Model - AVAILABLE AGAIN 22/05/18 - and then sold on 22/05/18 too!

[*]Regionfree BIOS installed, direct boot any region game with no boot disk or resetting.[*]Battery socket fitted and new rechargeable LIR2032 battery installed.[*]Controller board fuse replaced with a self resetting fuse. If you blow the fuse by dicking about with controllers and the controllers stop working, simply switch the console off and back on again and all will be working again.[*]Default video mode is NTSC, console will boot into this mode rather than PAL50, swirl on startup is still blue. Games still play in the respective video mode.[*]Video mod for PAL-60 games to play properly.

This model dreamcast will work with a gdemu or usbgdrom.

Japanese Model SOLD
    • Regionfree BIOS installed, direct boot any region game with no boot disk or resetting.
    • Battery socket fitted and new rechargeable LIR2032 battery installed.
    • Controller board fuse replaced with a self resetting fuse. If you blow the fuse by dicking about with controllers and the controllers stop working, simply switch the console off and back on again and all will be working again.
    • Video mod for PAL-60 games to play properly.
    • Converted to run without a step-down.

Disclaimer - this model will not work with a gdemu or usb-gdrom, the gdrom drive in this model is very different.

Before I chance it on eBay, I thought I'd try selling these on here. Price is £15 inc UK postage.

Dreamcast controller port circuit boards with battery sockets installed, new rechargeable battery and self resetting fuse fitted. If you blow the fuse by dicking about with controllers and the controllers stop working, simply switch the console off and back on again and all will be working again.

There are a few different models of DC console, and some take different controller port boards, the obvious difference being how many wires are on the fan that connects to the circuit board.

There's 2 wire fans - early model Dreamcasts, I think I'm right in saying that they have metal fans and if you look through the fan grill the fan is very close to the case.

And 3 wire fans - much more common, they typically have black plastic fans, if you look through the fan grill you'll see a black plastic fan shroud and the fan is recessed in a bit from the case.

I've got 1 of the 2 wire fan versions for sale (On Hold to gunrock):

And 2 of the 3 wire fan versions for sale (1 On Hold to gunrock, 1 Sold):

Last edited by mmmonkey; 02-07-2018, 20:04.

Happily take this off your hands thanks!

Comment

The DC sold a little while back. Any body need an upgraded controller board for their Dreamcast?

Comment

Yeah I would like this. I have two dreamcasts, an original Japanese launch model and a European Pal one. I would like one for each but I need to check which one's I'll need.

Comment

Nice :-) I’ll hold them for you, you’ll probably need one of each I would imagine. PM me over the next few days with what you need.

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Blimmin' double post

Comment

Added 2 more modded consoles!

Pete

Comment

Hi [MENTION=976]mmmonkey[/MENTION],

Do the consoles come with cables & controller?

Comment

I'd be interested in the Japanese DC, even without cables or controllers. In fact, it'd be better If teddymeow doesn't get it I might settle for the modded EU model.
                    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 07-05-2018, 15:21.

Comment

They are both console only, [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] - let me know if you're still interested which one :-)

ta

Comment

I previously had the EURO DC console on hold to UKGamer - however they've vanished off of the forum so I'm offering it up for sale again, still £50.

I was also holding all of the controller boards for gunrock, he's now come back and confirmed which ones he needs, so I have one of the 3 pin fan models up for sale again, still £15.

Comment

The DC stuff all went, now I have a 1chip Super Famicom console up for sale.

Comment

Edit - 29/06/18 - Modded Sega Saturn Added. Region Free BIOS, Modchip for CDRs, switchless video mode, RGB Scart, Model 2 Pad and Power Lead - all official - even the power lead!

See first post.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                            X