User Tag List

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mproves-health

I won't lie, it's the first Boris thing I've liked in ages
    Well, if it factors in that retailers have had to skew market availability since the tax as well heavily in favour of diet editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mproves-health

I won't lie, it's the first Boris thing I've liked in ages
    Well, if it factors in that retailers have had to skew market availability since the tax as well heavily in favour of diet editions.
    How thoughtful and magnanimous of Boris...

Boris Johnson's links to soft drinks and tobacco lobbyists revealed after he announces review of 'sin taxes'

"However, following the announcement, The Times revealed links between Johnsonís campaign and the soft drinks industry.

One of Johnsonís advisers and former spokesman, Will Walden, is employed by the lobbyists Edelman, which has worked for Coca-Cola.

Johnsonís campaign also questioned the effectiveness of taxes on smoking.

They insisted that he remained committed to reducing smoking, but said that the governmentís policies on tax should be based on evidence.

One of Johnsonís senior advisers is Mark Fullbrook, who co-founded CTF Partners with Johnsonís former campaign chief Lynton Crosby. CTF has previously done work for the American tobacco company Philip Morris."

"Based on evidence"

What, that sugar makes you fat?!

Fanta Grape. Always awesome.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...PWjQ&ocid=iehp

Theresa May wastes an opportunity as usual. Her very last act as Prime Minister was to announce a tax... on Milkshakes. Boris has already pledged to kill that plan rendering it a pointless exercise.

No. 10 wanted the Milkshake tax as part of her legacy, says No. 10.

The state of this country right now, and they see this as some type parting noble act!?

It’s like we’re living in an alternative dimension.

Latest haul from my local Poundland.

The cans were 3 for a £, so I thought I’d get a mix of flavours.

Not sure when I’m going to try the Ice Brew with a hint of coconut yet. I think I’ll need to psych myself up for that, lol.

I’ve had the Ruby KitKat before and I’m a fan. Not many shops sell this certain variety for some reason.

I wanted a drink to quench my thirst in the recent heat and the only option was Sugar Free Fanta Grape.

It has that sweetie taste, that tastes nothing like grapes, but what American sweet manufacturers think grapes taste like, but surprisingly lacked that sickly, tacky aftertaste that defeats the object of a refreshing drink, so I actually quite enjoyed it!

Any Mirinda fans? Mirinda Orange is a go-to for me. Especially if I'm in a chicken shop.

Never heard of it!

I was reading this week and the character had a "Rubicon moment".

I'd always assumed Rubicon was a Jamaican drink, but it turns out it's a river in Italy which marked the boundary between the Roman province of Cisalpine Gaul to the north-east and Italy proper (controlled directly by Rome and its allies) to the south.

Julius Caesar's crossing the Rubicon river was an event in January 49 BC that precipitated the Roman Civil War, which ultimately led to Caesar becoming dictator and the rise of the imperial era of Rome.

Today, the phrase "crossing the Rubicon" is a metaphor that means to pass a point of no return.

Rubicon, the drink, was made by two ex-Coca Cola employees and their "Rubicon moment" was leaving their safe jobs to start brewing their own drinks in the kitchen of one of the founders!

#everydaysaschoolday