No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am about to tuck into a just-delivered pizza (took 80mins!!!)...'Asian Style'...that is keema, chicken tikka, green peppers, etc. That's all I need. The Holy Combo for me.

Now gonna go gorge my guts on it.

Comment

Bah. Topping and outer crust were lovely but base wasn't cooked properly in the middle and was well-doughy.

Bah again. It's crap, really, but the topping and crust were so good I wanna order a second one, 'well done'.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        I never had that happen but I do remember when I was about 16/17 and had a 'naughty forties' mag stashed underneath my pillow, inside the pillowcase. Anyway, went to my mate's house one Saturday afty, get back and my mam had changed the bedding...except left the naughty 40s mag exactly where it was. Heart absolutely sank, so embarrassing!!! NEVER got mentioned. Not EVER!!!
        My friend went abroad for a few months after school, while he was gone his mother found his 'literature' collection. He never told me, his brother did. On topic, I can quit most snacks but I crave fizzy drinks. I don't know why but the rush of sugar and gas hits me. Never have a keema pizza Jazz, unless you really trust the owners.

Comment

Maaaaaaan, I always get pizzas with keema on.

Tonight's actually had pretty decent meat on, just wasn't cooked in the middle enough.

You're not telling me keema is human flesh, are you??!

Comment

Maaaaaaan, I always get pizzas with keema on. Tonight's actually had pretty decent meat on, just wasn't cooked in the middle enough. You're not telling me keema is human flesh, are you??!
            Keema just means mince, doesnt it? You've seen Untold Story... Nah what it is, as bills go up places use cheaper meat for mince. Probably fancier places, too.

Comment

Hmmmm. Our kid got us one of them kilo boxes of Maynards Sport Mixture gums as part of my Christmas box.

It made me feel a bit sick inside. I'm not sure what the furk's goin on right now but several years back, Maynards seemed to have 'acquired' the 'Sports Mixture' brand from Lion, a Yorkshire company who've traditionally made them since their inception. And they were always chewy n lovely n fruity n longlasting.

When it came out a bit back, the new Maynards version tasted pretty much the same (it's all in the toughness of the gum and the vintage fruit/sugar flavour). But were much smoother and more uniform-looking with less rough edges and sugar dust.

Roll onto Jan 2020. They LOOK even more authentic. The colours look ACE, this could be a bag from 20yrs back...

...but not the TASTE or TEXTURE. It's just a crap recreation, basically a slightly harder version of Maynards' crap, flavourless Wine Gums. Literally EXACTLY the same with that '33% reduced sugar' plastic flavour. Don't be fooled at all!!!

It's getting like INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, these look exactly the same but completely fake n plastic.

Luckily, and kinda weirdly, Lion still do their own, original version, if they're still about??? Usually for a quid in petrol stations or 69p a bag in Home Bargains.

ONLY buy the 'Lion' version. Only. **** Maynards, they have abused the brand with this bland **** I'm currently chewing.
              Last edited by JazzFunk; 02-01-2020, 04:36.

Comment

IMPOSTERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmmm. Our kid got us one of them kilo boxes of Maynards Sport Mixture gums as part of my Christmas box.

It made me feel a bit sick inside. I'm not sure what the furk's goin on right now but several years back, Maynards seemed to have 'acquired' the 'Sports Mixture' brand from Lion, a Yorkshire company who've traditionally made them since their inception. And they were always chewy n lovely n fruity n longlasting.

When it came out a bit back, the new Maynards version tasted pretty much the same (it's all in the toughness of the gum and the vintage fruit/sugar flavour). But were much smoother and more uniform-looking with less rough edges and sugar dust.

Roll onto Jan 2020. They LOOK even more authentic. The colours look ACE, this could be a bag from 20yrs back...

...but not the TASTE or TEXTURE. It's just a crap recreation, basically a slightly harder version of Maynards' crap, flavourless Wine Gums. Literally EXACTLY the same with that '33% reduced sugar' plastic flavour. Don't be fooled at all!!!

It's getting like INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, these look exactly the same but completely fake n plastic.

Luckily, and kinda weirdly, Lion still do their own, original version, if they're still about??? Usually for a quid in petrol stations or 69p a bag in Home Bargains.

ONLY buy the 'Lion' version. Only. **** Maynards, they have abused the brand with this bland **** I'm currently chewing.
                  We need to start the forum Lion’s fan club!

Comment

Sherry Trifle
                    It's amazing. Because I made it.
                    6/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Twin Peaks: Caramel Crunch
                      Okay, a Toblerone is definitely the nicer tasting choice and it's the chocolate holding this back as there's something not quite right about it but at the same time it's a close enough job and for the price...
                      3/5 Milkshakes
                      Last edited by Neon Ignition; 27-01-2020, 11:17.

Comment

Twin Peaks: Honeycomb Crisp
                        To be honest this one was barely different than the Caramel Crunch, so the same score.

3/5 Milkshakes

Doritos: Flame Cheese

Sold as being extra spicey, they burn the hell out of your mouth and throat. Took a while just to be able to eat more than 5-6 in a sitting and even then the hotness drowns out the flavour.

2/5 Milkshakes

Comment

I have some AMAZING news for those who like traditional, fruity 80s boiled sweets.

It's Morrisons 'clear fruits' (in lower case like in Repo Man).

40p a bag. They're right at the bottom with the Savers sweets.

Try them. TRY them. For I bear the greatest of news and it is sweet and fruity and tangy and straight from 1982 in terms of sweet fruity tangy gooooodness, you can send me donations later.

Comment

PS I've been sparingly eating a bag of 'hot' Skittles over the last week, I initially opened it in September but found them truly meh but when there's no sugars aboot...

...they're *OK*. But that's all. Once you get over the mild-but-still-quite-hot(-ish) spicy additives it reveals an absolute lack of tang to the flavours, the fruit and tang is really lacking.

Nah. What I say is just blob the spice onto normal Skittles and keep the tang and great fruity
                            flavours.

Or, even better, keep the same mildly hot spice and add an ULTRA-tangy fruit essence to it, like maybe 4x or 8x the original fruity flaves of the orig Skits.

More malic acid.

New flavours I propose:

Hot Lime Gestation
                            Lemon Laser Laceration Lactation Sensation
                            Strawberry Stomach Ulcer
                            Orange Orally Ominous
                            Blackcurrant Bastard

Comment

PS I'm gonna backtrack on the Morrisons clear fruits. I cleared a whole bag yesterday but found the greens and oranges to be overpowering, after a while they start to taste like detergent, especially the green ones (and green's my go-to flavour).

Hmmmm. I jumped the gun with my enthusiasm there. I still rate them, though, for 40p. Packed with tangy power. Buy a bag that's all reds, purples, yellows, the packet is transparent, you won't burn your tongue, that way.

Comment

Damn, realised yesterday I did a bag of those, a pouch of peanut M&Ms, a large XL Bacon Double Cheese meal with full shug Coke, a large homemade plate of chicken curry n' rice and a limited edition punch Monster energy from Home Bargains that had about 255kcals in the can.

This is what happens when you proper lay off the cans. Add about six sugary cups of tea.

Still, it's nice to enjoy food again.

Comment

Working...
                                X