No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been eating them since the 70s, they were always everywhere when I was a nipper cos their factory was pretty close by, in Bradford. All I used to eat were the 'beefy' ones, they were my fave crisp of all for over twenty years. They're still pretty much the same as 40yrs back if *slightly* less industrially 'beefy'. Old packet in orange/white/purply blue was MILES better, tho.

As much as I adore the 'beefy' ones, I've never cared much for the other flavours at all, though I DID used to like the colours used on the chicken flavour back in the 80s.

Being from Yorkshire, we tended to miss out on Golden Wonder, they were always more a southern phenomenon. Pity, they're a really nice crisp, plus they are and always were better than Walkers. Dull, dull Walkers.

Comment

Walkers are an insipid crisp. I do like their Extra Crunchy variety though, now sold under the name Tear n Share in a weird square bag.

Comment

^they sate rather than please. Gotta say their baked cheese n' onion crisps are gorge, I always get them with my Boots meal deal.

Got a couple of Wham Bars from Home Bargains yesterday, 25p each, not as good as they used to be (the pink gum is texturally a bit squidgier and the flavour isn't quite as funky-fresh) but at least the sherbet crystals are still nice...though they seem less plentiful these days.

Prob won't buy again. At 4p more I can buy a small sleeve of Irn Bru Millions and they are so much nicer. The texture is so good. That's what Wham's lost. This isn't fudge, guys, it's meant to pull your fillings out. Get it sorted.

Comment

I was all on Whams when they first come out in the 80s. I bought ten bars and stuck em in the fridge the first day my offy got them in.

I am an ultimate Wham connoisseur and can fully recall the pleasure contained in that original, first batch of Wham.

Whoever's in charge right now is either an imposter or needs flogging with a cat o' nine tails!!!!

Comment

Almond magnums are superior to Classic Magnums.

There. I said it.

Comment

I used to like those ones that had two outer layers of chocolate, sandwiching a layer of caramel. I think they were called Double Decadence. They were pretty badass.

I was disappointed to find recently that Mivvis have been discontinued for a significant amount of time. Gonna try the Morrisons 'Strawberry Split' knockoff and see if that's any cop.

Also I googled Walkers Tear 'n' Share and it seems they are gone as of last summer, so the Walkers Extra Crunchy variety is now entirely gone. That's a real shame. I think the rebranding to Tear 'n' Share was a big mistake, weirdly emphasising the bag shape instead of the fact that the crisps inside were quite different to ordinary Walkers.

Comment

Opened a bag of Maxons Yorkshire Mixture and pulled out five chunks of tangy rock. The tangy rock is my fave. Especially the white/green lime ones.

You guys should try em. They're about a quid at Morrisons or 87p at One Below, iirc.

But ONLY get Maxons, the others aren't tangy at all.

Comment

Heron knocking it out of the park at prez ... Fentiman’s 4 for a quid

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Are those Seabrook crisps FOIL PACKED?!?

BETRAYAL

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

That's a 10/10 lineup Atticus!

Curiosity Cola is delicious.

Comment

4 for a quid! Bloody hell. I'm not so big on the curiosity cola, but their pink lemonade is so good.

Comment

Just been back to stock up. 16 bottles of Root Beer and 5 cans of Curiosity Cola for a fiver

Comment

That’s an unbelievable price. Have you tried Karma Cola [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              That’s an unbelievable price. Have you tried Karma Cola @Atticus?
                              No, I'll have to grab a can next time I'm near Holland & Barrett. I used to like Pepsi Raw ... is it anything like that?

Comment

Yeah, it is kinda like Pepsi Raw. More of a herbal cola nut type flavour. It's not a million miles off Curiosity Cola either. Definitely worth a bash. I love a quality cola.

Comment

Working...
                                X