No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried Irn Bru Xtra QC? It’s also sugar free but I think it tastes nicer than the regular sugar free stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Critic View Post
      Have you tried Irn Bru Xtra QC? It’s also sugar free but I think it tastes nicer than the regular sugar free stuff.
      Interesting. I find the taste is closer to the OG Bru taste, but it's too sweet for me and an artificial taste.

Comment

You’re right, it is closer to the original, that’s probably why I prefer it

Comment

I'll give it a blast, I've been experimenting with the sugar-free Monsters (on occasion) the last few weeks and they're not too bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not converting, it's just it's the only version the hospital shop does and I only buy it when it's raining, I usually nip across to Tesco for some full-shug.

Anyway, the white one is quite flavoursome for a non-shug thang. The red/orange/purple shug-frees taste more synthetic...though grudgingly drinkable.

Anyway, back onto Irn Bru Xtra, Home Bargains do a 500ml can for quite cheap, I think its shuglessness put me off but I'll def give it a go if you're all recommending it, it's not like it's pricy.

Isn't it augmented with caffeine and now some kind of energy drink? If so, how peppy is it? Think Monster has like 32mg per 100ml or summat.

Comment

I'm trying to get my family off soft drinks loaded with sugar during the hot months. They consume way too much.

This deal should come in handy. Never tried it before but 96 cans of sparkling flavoured water for £30 delivered can't be bad!

Got text this morning of delivery this afternoon too - within 24 hrs!

Comment

Shameful rip-off, but 10 bags for 99p?! - yes please!

Comment

Nah, not much caffeine in it all JF, it’s just another sugar free version of Irn Bru, not any type of energy drink. You should definitely try it, let us know if you do and your verdict!

Comment

^you've reminded me to get one on my day off. Speaking of caffeine, I tried the newish Rockstar juiced punch flavour and it just tasted gack. 97p from the chiller at the local Tesco. Absolutely awful flave beneath, synthetic and nasty and nothing at all like the Monster punches it's seeking to emulate.

Can't understand it at all. Horrible, comparable to Lidl's own 'Colossus'. But that's only 59p.

PS [MENTION=7193]Super Grover[/MENTION], them Monster Munch ripoffs are brill, very good value, too, and the beefy flava is still very nice...if not quite up to the beef flava of the original MM.

I prefer the pickled onion ones in the Lidl version, tbh. They're everso slightly less tart and everso slightly more sweet. Very nice. It's normally my least fave flave unless it's Chipsticks we're talking of.

We should all post reviews of all the snacky, sweety sort of stuff from Aldi and Lidl, it'd be ace and I'd def be posting my findings.

Comment

Aldi's Monster Claw multipack is 85p! Bazinga!

Hershey's: Strawberry and Creme
                    One of three flavours of chocolate bar to be found in B&M Bargains, this is pink strawberry flavoured chocolate with pieces of strawberry though they seem to be dried as they're crispy. Quite nice though Jr1 wasn't a fan. Jr2 enjoyed it though so one point deducted.
                    4/5 Milkshakes

Comment

85p???!!! Bazongas!!!!

PS that choc sounds goooooood. Always liked me a tad of pink chocolate. And Caramac. But only a tad. Maybe a biggish tad at points but still a tad.

"Tad", I said. Not "tard". I would not wish to insult James Corden in that way.

(I would).

Comment

PS must say them little 99p tins of craft beer from Aldi taste nicer than the 99p tins of craft beer from Lidl.

Yeah, had three strolling along and sitting down upon benches on an absolutely cancerously baking Morecambe seafront last Wednesday. Went down well and a nice buzz was had taking in that faded, vaguely Fallout-y Morecambe jazz I love so much.

Fancied another tin but had walked down nearer to B&M so I popped and and got a 330ml can of this Imperial Stormtrooper craft ale that cost £1.49 and was ****ing disgusting, I'd rather eat **** than drink that pisswater again. Vile.
                        Last edited by JazzFunk; 18-08-2020, 23:18.

Comment

PPS: I've noticed a local saying that everyone seems to say in Morecambe, be they man, child, baby, woman or dog.

It's "look over there, that's where them Chinese cocklers drowned".

Comment

I went to see my mother recently and she commented on her local equivalent when we went out for a walk on the beach

"Look over there, that's where that canoe man lived"

Comment

WTF has happened to GOLD BARS? Used to get 3 x 7 packs for £2 from Home Bargains, but now they've made them smaller than prinnys splooge cannon. I'm NOT impressed. They're like, half the size right now!

On the bright side, I get a Tesco £3 meal deal every day and the combo of breakfast triple, can of mango Rockstar and a white chocolate TWIX is just sublime!

Comment

One of my patients won't stop going on about white twix's. They are ok I guess, one of my fellow nurses is obsessed with white chocolate buenos.

As for small lunchbox bars I really miss when you could get mini Rocky bars in a share bag. Pull them from the chill shelf in the fridge = heaven. I was always more of a Breakaway/ Blue Riband connoisseur when I was treated to a BRANDED bar as a kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X