No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know where I'm going trick or treating this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      I've had two of those What the Fanta's and both of them tasted Apple too. Either psychological because of the colour or a Fanta-Con...

Picked up but not tried yet - Turkish Delight: Lemon Edition

Picked up a 3 pack of these for £1 from Iceland to try.

I'm not a massive fan of turkish delight and prefer the actual stuff covered in that powder than Frys chocolate stuff but still. I'd eat a Fry's TD if it was offered but I wouldn't activly go out to buy one.

The lemon one, it distinctly smells ever so slightly of chocolate and perhaps lemon but the most distinct smell (but again not strong) is what I can only describe is marzipan-like. Tastes quite bland and tbh not as strong as the original and in that sense I quite like it. Again I would not actively buy these again probably but these are more 'pleasant' to eat than the normal ones. I'll definitely eat the last 2 at some point though but no rush.

I can't really taste much lemon but I did find it quite refreshing in it's aftertaste.

2 or 3/5 milkshakes. Id put 2 stars but I feel that would indicate be unpleasant which I don't think these are. Its bland but not bad and I'd likely choose this or actual TD than the regular Fry's one.

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] recons it tastes like soap.

Comment

I've had one of the Lemon bars now as well and I'd agree, it's hard to say why but it was mildly pleasant but not in a way that I'd buy more or buy it over other bars. The older I've become the less pleasant I find the slightly perfumey taste of Turkish Delight so it's nice that the lemon version doesn't have that, the chocolate seems to stand out more in this one as well which makes it easier to eat and more tasty too. Very middle of the road product overall though.

Comment

Yeah I agree about the perfume thing, thats the overall thing about turkish delight in general I am always put off by, the lemon one does not have that but it doesn't taste good enough to take priority of regular chocolate and other bars.

Id recommend to try it but not necessarily to love it. Still never saw any orange Twirls.

Comment

Walkers Taste Icons.

Tried the American Hot pizza, classic cheeseburger and Yo chicken katsu flavours and they're all great. They all taste very clearly of what they're supposed to. Very impressive. 5 milkshakes out of 5 for me.

Comment

Tried 'em all, the multipacks have been £1 a pop at the Tesco at the top of the hospital drive, me and my mates have munched loads the last month or two.

Katsu EASILY for the win, they are lush!!!!!

Comment

Also, I find the cheeseburger flave too gerkhin-y. I was sad, I was expecting a meaty burger blast of MSG powder and instead tasted that overpowering vinegary gherkin flavour. Very saddening.

Still waiting for a good cheeseburger flavour, I'm pretty sure there were some corn puffs in the 90s that tasted great but I don't think I've tried a potato crisp with a good burger flavour. Yet.

Comment

Burger flavours for me always drift into that generic, paprika-y, salty 'steak' sort of flavouring. This one actually sounds kind of intriguing if it's more gherkin-y.

Def gonna give these a bash.

Comment

Yeah, if you like gherkin then you're gonna be in the zone!!!

Have seen multipacks priced down to 75p. Also check Heron Foods, this is the sort of stuff they get in.

Comment

You definitely taste the gherkin, which makes for a nice change, but I can also taste the ketchup and there’s a convincing flame-grilled burger taste. The katsu ones are lush though. The pizza ones taste of the actual pizzas too.

Comment

Nice. I’m really keen to try these now! Will have a look in the Tesco local to me, but failing that I can see the multipacks are £1.35 on Amazon Fresh, which isn’t horrible. Haven’t heard of Heron Foods Jazz, don’t think we have that in London

Comment

^Awwww, Heron is bloody great. Owned by Home Bargains, same sorta shop but with frozen food and bargain pop n' stuff.

Home Bargains is good, too. You got that down there?

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                            ^Awwww, Heron is bloody great. Owned by Home Bargains, same sorta shop but with frozen food and bargain pop n' stuff.

Home Bargains is good, too. You got that down there?
                            I had to Google it, but apparently there are three in London, dotted round the very outskirts of north, west and east London though, miles and miles away from me.

It's actually kinda surprising there isn't one on Old Kent Road which is just up the road from me, as that's a real 'retail park' type spot with PC World, B&Q, a Tesco the size of a small country, and all the rest of it.

TBH I've gotten mega lazy lately though and been ordering all my food on Amazon Fresh/Prime Now. Been working from home since March so don't get out much!

Comment

Didn't know Heron foods was owned my Home Bargains! Makes sense now. Lived off Heron for my shopping when I was at uni, got my fave WW Microwavable lemon risotto, Super noodles, philly and my WW citrus yogurts which I loved back in the day.

Right, back to topic, Look what I finally got hold of at lunchtime today

Kept it in the work kitchen to have after work and SOMEONE BLOODY STOLE IT!!!!
                              I was lucky the corner shop I got hold of it from was just about to close when I finished work so managed to get another and try it. Its basically exactly how described, if Cadbury made a orange twirl.
                              I like my Terry's Chocolate Orange like the next person but always found the actual chocolate a bit crap to my tasting (at least when you are eating an orange sized amount of the stuff). The chocolate in this is nice and soft and melty like you expect from a twirl with a nice hum of orange that is definitely in the taste but not super artificial.

4/5 as I'd still choose a regular twirl over this but would happily get again.

Will mention another bar I had last week that I forgot to mention (Dieting for the wedding so having few and far between chocolate binges).

KitKat Chunky Mint
                              Bloody disgusting! I love mint chocolate in most cases but this tasted like awful dank kitkat soaked through in the most artificial concentrated mint oil. I threw it away after 2 bites. 1/5

Shame as I like mint and chocolate together which the bloke does not. I love the Options hot chocolate with mint on occasion, i like the rare Aero but my favourite mint and chocolate combo are Mint Cornetto's which I only discovered in the past year. Lush.

Best KitKat in my opinion? Regular (non chunk) dark chocolate straight from the fridge. I find I only like dark chocolate straight from the fridge, same goes for dark chocolate Bountys which are one of my favorite bars. I like Peanut Chunky's too.

EDIT - I finally got to try one of the walkers resturant crisps *Katsu* and it was bloody lovely!
                              Last edited by Blobcat; 16-09-2020, 18:52.

Comment

Can you still get those Chocolate Orange Twirl's?
                                They were for a limited only I thought and I missed out!

Comment

Working...
                                X