No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS@Blobcat, my mate was a manager at HB and they recently transferred him to a branch of HF in a very rough part of town. Yeah, same people at the top.

Comment

Since moving from the UK, I miss funky flavours of crisps. I miss flamin' hot Monster Munch, Brannigans Beef & Mustard, Ham & Pickle, etc.

Chocolate here is pretty good with a large variety and lotsofinteresting flavours and craft manufacturers. They don't have Cadbury's only Mars and some Nestle confectionery but since Kraft have taken over Cadbury, they seem hellbent on unleashing totally nasty concoctions with some Dairy Milk holding it all together.

I do miss Fry's Peppermint and Fry's Chocolate Cream, though.

Comment

Never, ever understood that!!!! How come my tiny Isle of Britain holds such a cornucopia of crisp flavours????!!!

Seriously, America is full of fatties who munch 'padader chibs' all ****ing day yet never seem to want any flavour variety.

I've ALWAYS thought this, since an American supply teacher told us at school that pretty much all they had was salted. This was the 80s, tho.

Anyone else feel the same? I cannae understand it, wee lassie.

Comment

PS I'm not saying you live in America. I'm just...shiding out words.

Comment

Also, anyone tried a burger from 'Franksters'? One opened in town just before lockdown but somehow haven't tried one yet.

Still. Payday next Fri. Having a few pints in the aft, will grab one about 6/7 on the way home.

STILL haven't tried Taco Bell. Is THAT good???

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              Seriously, America is full of fatties who munch 'padader chibs' all ****ing day yet never seem to want any flavour variety.
              They're good at making giant wotsit sort of snacks. I had giant wotsits that were cheese and jalapeno flavour -- tasted really nice.

Other American crisp snack sort of things didn't impress me at all. I also felt really disappointed with a lot of American candy, seeing Americans always go on about how great their candy is. British sweets and chocolate bars easily beat most of the American stuff.

When it comes to Root Beer though, Virgil's shows that America does it best. Love it.

Comment

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION]: nah, I live in Denmark but crisp flavours are very similar to US and places in the Mediterranean, where you can get Ready Salted, Sour cream n Onion and an assortment of Bbq, Paprika and 'Ranch' flavours (whatever that is!), but nothing interesting. Salt n vinegar is more difficult to find, too.

Though the local Netto, does get batches of Kettle crisps a few times a year, so some more varied flavours appear in those (they do a fine rosemary and something flavour).
                Last edited by gunrock; 18-09-2020, 06:18.

Comment

STILL haven't tried Taco Bell. Is THAT good???
                  Only takeout during Lockdown that was consistently good. Find the nachos quite dry but like the black beans they come with.
                  Quesadillas with a taco, excellent injection of cheese and meat, what more could a girl ask for?

Defiantly my dealer when I need that takeaway cheese-sposion high.

Comment

'padader chibs'

Hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                      Only takeout during Lockdown that was consistently good. Find the nachos quite dry but like the black beans they come with.
                      Quesadillas with a taco, excellent injection of cheese and meat, what more could a girl ask for?

Defiantly my dealer when I need that takeaway cheese-sposion high.
                      Thank you for your reply!!!

Deffo gonna check em out, I love Tex Mex kinda stuff, though not too spicy (I consider it pointless to show off about how much heat ya can eat, I wanna ENJOY the food I'm eating!!!!)

Will try all the above, thanks again, love this place!!!!!!!

Comment

Taco Bell is the bomb. If you go, get a Crunchwrap and a couple of extra hard shell tacos on the side. If they have the Triple Double Crunchwrap, all the better.

Damn now I want Taco Bell

PS It’s not spicy at all. It’s not real Mexican, it’s like a McDonalds of Mexican food. It’s S tier junk food though

Comment

You make it sound even more nice.

I've got nineteen days off from now and I am DEFFO gonna be eating that beast.

Comment

Fammydodd = tacky bell

Comment

Ugh, now you've given me sickening mental images of an oozing, syphilitic knob-end poking out of a burrito!

I'm gonna wait on that Taco Bell for a few weeks...and I won't be getting owt cheesy...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X