No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I can gather Horton's is expanding very aggressively. It's only been notable as near us it's the only one to open up, most seem to expanding down south first. I'll never get back to Denny's without paying for a flight first though

Comment

Have you tried dipping the Wendy chips in their slurpy/ thick spoonable milkshake. It tastes weirdly wonderful.

Comment

That is exactly what I plan to try next [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION].

Comment

I am in Mexico. Mexican Coke does not live up to the stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            It doesn't work in Mexico. You need to pay £2.50 a bottle for it.

Comment

I thought it was supposed to taste better as it has more cane sugar as opposed to artificial sweeteners like the rest of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                I thought it was supposed to taste better as it has more cane sugar as opposed to artificial sweeteners like the rest of the world?
                It’s a little different but it’s not something special in my view. Maybe to Coke connoisseurs.

Comment

It’s a little different but it’s not something special in my view. Maybe to Coke connoisseurs.
                  Its all devil sugar water to me :-)

Comment

Wispa: Salted Caramel Edition
                    Takes a moment but the salted element does eventually emerge. Not that different from the standard caramel version as you'd expect though

Comment

Mexican Coke myth busted. We will next be dispatching Dogg Thang to Nigeria.

I ate more Wendy's. I had the Spicy Chicken Sandwich and the Baconator Fries, plus the Beef Chilli.

The Spicy Chicken Sandwich, meh. I'd heard good things from the Doughboys fast food podcast about this, but I didn't really think it was anything special. It's similar to a McChicken Sandwich. Probably a bit better, overall, but the chicken escalope/patty is thin and with only the barest hint of spice.

In a world where the Popeye's Chicken Sandwich exists, this is not the one. The Popeye's sandwich is like one from a good chicken shop, a big ol' hunk of chicken battered and deep fried. This Wendy's one is more like the McDonalds reformed chicken patty.

Also it costs £5.99 on its jack jones, which seems kind of ridiculous to be honest.

I fared much better with the Baconator Fries and the Beef Chilli.

The former is a box of fries doused in that particularly radioactive yellow American nacho cheese sauce, and topped with bacon bits. The bacon bits are actually really delicious, not like those crappy bits of bacon you often get in fast food places. And I personally love that salty fake cheese flavour, too. So this was a winner.

The Beef Chilli is a small tub of chilli con carne. I really liked this. It's really tasty, full of beefy mince, tomato and kidney beans. A very good side.

Next up on the hit list will be the Baconator, which is a double cheeseburger with two layers of bacon, then I've tried most of the main stuff. Except the Frosty. Need to get that so I can dip fries in it.

Comment

Wotsits Crunchy Basically Wotsits have made their own NikNak shaped/ cheetoes. They are basically cheetoes with a milder, less sickening cheesy taste.
                        They are addictive. That is all. 5/5

Comment

Yes they are. So good. Like the old Hard Cheese Nik Naks, which I adored. Been on special offer locally the last couple of weeks (first time since they launched a few months back) so a dozen packs in the cupboard it is.

Seems they are a throwback to the original Nik Naks before they were called Nik Naks.

There's a Flamin' Hot flavour too.

Moving on

Recently tried Mini Cheddars Red Leicester. I'm shocked that I've never had them before, and upset I haven't been eating them for longer. Best Mini Cheddars flavour I have tried. I hope they can be bought in those large sharing tubs.

Comment

Not even sure if they're new, but I've been liking Seabrook's "loaded fries" crunchy cheese & bacon flavour lately. If you've not seen them, imagine chip sticks but a bit girthier, though not as dense, and totally coated in flavour. Packet loudly declares "baked not fried" and that they only come in at 75kcals, but they're still pretty enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                              Recently tried Mini Cheddars Red Leicester. I'm shocked that I've never had them before, and upset I haven't been eating them for longer. Best Mini Cheddars flavour I have tried. I hope they can be bought in those large sharing tubs.
                              There are loads of flavoured Mini Cheddars out there but I have yet to find any as good as the Branston Pickle ones which were just in a different league of their own but are no longer available (literally only ever found them in the 2 corner shops near where I worked and they stopped selling them nearly 2 years ago)

Admittedly not tried the Red Leicester ones yet, will try them some day soon!

Comment

Over here we get some of the American snacks. One that is just like NikNaks is Cheetos is by Frito-Lay. they have three types from what I know with one being rather mild. That's my favourite.

Comment

Working...
                                X