Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime: Green
    Lemon and Lime, to be honest it's the exact same with this one as Red. Swig it and the taste kind of vanishes, sip it slowly and it's reasonably sweet and decent. Kids still need a slap for obsessing over what is effectively cordial though.

3/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Twirl: Mint Limited Edition
      Subtle flavouring but very nice

4/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Prime: Green
        Lemon and Lime, to be honest it's the exact same with this one as Red. Swig it and the taste kind of vanishes, sip it slowly and it's reasonably sweet and decent. Kids still need a slap for obsessing over what is effectively cordial though.

3/5 Milkshakes
        It shows what the power of marketing can do, you take a product that costs pence to make and repack it with some idiotic influencers on it. How KSI is still a thing i will never know, I'm surprised he didn't get canceled years ago. Celebrities who's career started with them harassing women don't tend to last long normally But his "rape face" videos seem to have been forgotten or forgiven.

Comment

It's concerning how frequently the ones with the most hype around them emerge to have bad traits

Comment

KMy first experience of KSI was about 10 years ago when YouTube was inexplicably trying to push various influencers on me as unskippable ads. His “sample” video was him whinging about some FIFA game and talking over footage of it. I thought “what a load of old cobblers” and then some years later he was apparently some giant YouTube star.

i unfortunately have a lot of exposure to the stupidity that is Prime as I work around the corner from the parasite who got his 5 minutes of fame for selling this stupid drink to idiot kids at extortionate prices at his dodgy off-licence Wakefield Wines. For months, moron kids have been going down there to buy Prime and make TikTok videos (though it seems to have died off lately). He has also diversified into selling his own sweets, which is quite literally handfuls of cheap jellies you get at Home Bargains chucked into a black bag with a sticker on it and sold for about £20 somehow.

Comment

Irn-Bru: Ice Cream Limited Edition
              You can barely taste the Ice Cream addition to the flavouring and it's only released in the Extra no sugar variant but I'm going to give this one a decent score as the flavouring gives it the impression of having added a lot of the sugar back in. Nice.

4/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Pepsi
                I'm one of those people who has always preferred Pepsi to Coke, it's the sweeter taste with both becoming an expensive refuge in a sea of vile tasting Zero branded drinks. So why evaluate the original? Because we picked up an 8 pack of cans and something felt... off. It didn't quite seem as nice as normal and so checking the traffic signals on the side of the can three of them said zero with Sugar at 17%. IT set my Spider-Sense off as coke is infamously not a zero level drink and what did I discover? A few weeks ago Pepsi reformulated the original version and haven't branded it as such. It's outright worse than before and they apparently plan to reformulate it again in the coming years, backhandedly forcing Pepsi down toward becoming something close to Pepsi Max. I picked up a can of Coca Cola which seems to have remained true to its original formula and... the king has fallen. The Coke can tastes tons better than Pepsi. I might switch to Vodka or Scotch next... the Government seems to trust consumers more with alchohol than fizzy drinks with every passing year.

3/5 Milkshakes... and Falling

Comment

That's a bummer. Blue Pepsi cans have been a go-to for me, too. Good to know that red Coke is the way now. I don't like how small the cans of that have become, though

Comment

Even Fentimens has become loaded with disgusting sweeteners, despite keeping its premium price.

Death to the sugar tax.

Comment

Sweeteners give me headaches. I can't drink them. Anyone else get this?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Pepsi
                        I'm one of those people who has always preferred Pepsi to Coke, it's the sweeter taste with both becoming an expensive refuge in a sea of vile tasting Zero branded drinks. So why evaluate the original? Because we picked up an 8 pack of cans and something felt... off. It didn't quite seem as nice as normal and so checking the traffic signals on the side of the can three of them said zero with Sugar at 17%. IT set my Spider-Sense off as coke is infamously not a zero level drink and what did I discover? A few weeks ago Pepsi reformulated the original version and haven't branded it as such. It's outright worse than before and they apparently plan to reformulate it again in the coming years, backhandedly forcing Pepsi down toward becoming something close to Pepsi Max. I picked up a can of Coca Cola which seems to have remained true to its original formula and... the king has fallen. The Coke can tastes tons better than Pepsi. I might switch to Vodka or Scotch next... the Government seems to trust consumers more with alchohol than fizzy drinks with every passing year.

3/5 Milkshakes... and Falling

FFS.. I’m more Pepsi than Coke, too. Or was. Coca-Cola is just too dry.

Cherry coke will now be my sole go-to.

Comment

Coca-Cola is better to drink solo/with ice (ESPECIALLY Vanilla Coca-Cola).

Pepsi is far superior as a mixer for alcohol.

Comment

Tip, if you have any Polish or Romanian shops local to you, they often stock full sugary versions of popular branded soft drinks which aren’t the adulterated sweetened filled UK versions.

Comment

*cracks knuckles*

Prime: Pop Ice
                              The striped can is this flavour which, to its credit, does taste somewhat like the advertised flavour. By the time you reach the end of the drink though you're pretty much done with it though
                              2/5 Milkshakes

Vimto: Energy
                              The new energy drink variant of the drink is a Monster sized can and is an easy energy drink to have because it tastes pretty much identical to standard fizzy Vimto
                              3/5 Milkshakes

M&Ms: Coconut Edition
                              Exactly as it states, they swap out nuts or chocolate for coconut. The result is a fairly light alternative but it adds very little to them
                              3/5 Milkshakes

Cadbury's Dream: Raspberry Candy Edition
                              Chunky white chocolate blocks with candied raspberry flavoured pieces inside. It flavours the white chocolate really well and is really nice in doses
                              4/5 Milkshakes

Comment

The packaging might raise some alarms; calling them "chips" for one, boasting of low calorific content, and lentils? I feel like I'm walking a fine line backing these, but they are very, very good. Not many in a bag and they probably cost the earth (I didn't buy them) but great texture and a convincing sriracha flavour. Top marks.

Comment

Working...
                                X