No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revealed: WHO aspartame safety panel linked to alleged Coca-Cola front group | Coca-Cola | The Guardian
    Remember when Aspartame was found to be bad for you in Diet drinks but the report said it was still okay if you had fairly normal drinkage levels? That has now been dragged back into question after it emerges the results may have been corrupted by industry insiders

Comment

Fanta Watermelon Zero Sugar

Not sure why I bought this, having always found any Fanta drink to be rank. This was no exception. Weak taste, disgusting taste, the only time I had more than a hint of watermelon was on a burp. And what watermelon I could ever taste was disgusting. Not very fizzy either. Worse than piss (I imagine).

Comment

Prime: Glowberry Edition
        Despite the title and distinctive packaging, this seemingly rarely seen variant is actually tangy apple flavoured. It carries the same super-sweetened taste that pretty much all Prime drinks do. It's fine, much in line with the others.
        3/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Sweet sorrow: Caramac fans decry Nestlé move to discontinue bar | Nestlé | The Guardian
          Not a surprise. Nestle have never pushed the bar so it's coasted mostly on its uniqueness. In the last couple of years though Carburys etc have all launched Caramel milk chocolate bar rivals so they will have basically lost their ground through inaction.

Comment

I like a Caramac now and then, the rival Caramilk is good but the former has a unique texture and I prefer it. Obviously do feel that Nestle are to blame for not promoting its existence, I can’t remember a single ad for it in my entire life.

Comment

It's one of those brands you forget are somehow still going - Like Tizer... or Topic bars

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                It's one of those brands you forget are somehow still going - Like Tizer... or Topic bars
                Oh man, I loved topics. Every time I return to the UK I make sure to eat a load of Double Dekers and Topics. I haven't been home in about 5 years though. Do they still exist? Double Dekers I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Oh man, I loved topics. Every time I return to the UK I make sure to eat a load of Double Dekers and Topics. I haven't been home in about 5 years though. Do they still exist? Double Dekers I mean.
                  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Topic bit the dust a year or two back. I liked them as well. Used to get them from Kwik Save if I was feeling rich. Apparently there’s a bar they make called Nuts which is available in some countries and is meant to be very similar, never seen it though.

The good news is Double Deckers are still alive and well, but they did “shrinkflation” them a bit during Covid. They thought I wouldn’t notice. Still get the miniature versions in Celebrations too, plus multipacks, etc. Great chocolate bar, absolute tooth cracker if they’ve been in a refrigerated vending machine though!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Topic bit the dust a year or two back. I liked them as well. Used to get them from Kwik Save if I was feeling rich. Apparently there’s a bar they make called Nuts which is available in some countries and is meant to be very similar, never seen it though.

The good news is Double Deckers are still alive and well, but they did “shrinkflation” them a bit during Covid. They thought I wouldn’t notice. Still get the miniature versions in Celebrations too, plus multipacks, etc. Great chocolate bar, absolute tooth cracker if they’ve been in a refrigerated vending machine though!
                    Oh man, that's a bummer about the topic. I took a look on Amazon Japan to see if they were selling the Nuts chocolate bar but no such luck.

Comment

Double Deckers are still going though at this point they're insultingly small

I miss the Midnight Mars Bar

Comment

Walkers Christmas Turkey flavored crisps, their like a really bland version of the walkerers roast chicken crisps, which is exactly what you'd expect! well played Walkers, well played.

Comment

Fewer children in England having teeth out since sugar tax began, study finds | Sugar | The Guardian
                          Calls begin to extend the tax scheme - no consideration seems to go towards the possibility that the state of hospitals and the NHS might be contributing to that fall however

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Fewer children in England having teeth out since sugar tax began, study finds | Sugar | The Guardian
                            Calls begin to extend the tax scheme - no consideration seems to go towards the possibility that the state of hospitals and the NHS might be contributing to that fall however
                            Man, what a load of BS. The sugar tax has sweet FA to do with that. Either the general UK population is thick as bricks or the government thinks it can say anything. Then again, both could be a possibility I guess.

Comment

Dark Chocolate Bounties are being discontinued

I'm honestly gutted.

They have always been hard to come by but one straight from the fridge (and I usually hate cold chocolate) as a treat beyond measure.

EDIT - fewer kids teeth are being taken out because of delays in hospitals for sedation and more places are requiring parents pay if they want more than gas and air. That and many are just pulling them out at home.

Comment

In the town we live in there is only 1 Dentist open to taking on new patients, we've spent ages trying to track one down because they've all been pulling out of it and going solely private to axe their waiting lists etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X