No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always loved Wine gums. I can't pin point what exactly has changed but I noticed many years ago they are just...different. Softer? Less "boozy" in taste.

My Granddad and I were the only ones in the family that would nosh on them every Christmas.

Comment

-Review-

Diet Coke: Fiesty Cherry

Not a fan of Diet variants as already discussed but new things must be tried. This updated version of the usual version makes little sense, I figured it was merely a marketing gimmick as at first it tastes like usual but the aftertaste provides the difference with a spiced afterburn that isn't really that pleasant. Passable but worse than before.
      3/5 Milkshakes

Diet Coke: Exotic Mango
      I should have expected worse things but I couldn't resist. It has an unpleasant whiff upon opening but once that has been set free the taste is... bearable? I think that's the right name. It's not a flavour I'm a big fan of, tastes somewhat Peachesque which will be interesting as that flavour is next. The flavour masks any Diet chemicals, a small trade off for Coke never seeming to want to do anywhere near as much experimenting with normal Coke.
      2/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Bought a 4-pack 330ml of 'Royalty Ginger Beer' at Home Bargains for £1 yesterday.

I'm replacing the Old Jamaica, this is full shug with good reviews, I'm intrigued. I forgot to put them in the fridge but just have, will report back when I try one, I'm never pessimistic about full shug ginger beer.

That Old Jamaica brand is ass now. Real Real sad.

Comment

Been trying these the last couple days, just on my last can of the four pack and it's soooooo nice and chilled.

Thought it was a bit bland at first as it wasn't as 'beast' as Old Jamaica but this can is like manna from mothercrutchin' heaven! So nice, I'll buy more of this!!!!!

Sweeteners really don't work in ginger beer. Old Jamaica totally shot its own balls off.

Royalty is full shug ginge beer awesomeness, remember the name!

Comment

Have you ever made your own ginger beer jazz? It’s quite easy and you can ramp up the zing to nearly whisky levels of eye twitching.

Comment

No, I haven't.

Always trapped in my own head and I'd make thurrr best juices.

Would add 'special ingredients' as well.

Comment

(and before anyone asks, I didn't mean drugs, I meant a slight tinge of lemon juice/black pepper/fanny juice)

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                  I’ll never forgive what the sugar tax has done to Irn-Bru, Barr themselves can get ****ed if they think I’m buying the new version.
                  I've been drinking Sugar-Free Irn Bru for years, so this sugar tax hasn't affected me.
                  However, the Xtra also appears to be sugar free, so there's a bit of crossover, but Sugar-Free tastes less artificial.
                  Well, as unartificial as orange girder-based beverages can be!

*Disclaimer* I am not Scottish, so legally have no valid opinion that can be held up in court.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    I've been drinking Sugar-Free Irn Bru for years, so this sugar tax hasn't affected me.
                    Ditto for me; I grew up drinking diet drinks (among them Pepsi Max); so far this hasn't affected me. That being said, I notice that the smaller bottles of Pepsi Max are still 10p more expensive than the larger bottles in Tesco. I can't get over the idea that soon, they'll flip those around, so it'll be a "less product same price" situation, and they'll probably do it across the entire range of drinks for parity.

Comment

Fanta Shokata (Lemon & Elderberry) flavour is delicious.

Comment

How has the sugar tax not affected diet fans? Round here shops wasted no time putting up Diet prices too to keep them in sync with non-diet taxed versions for pure profit

Comment

One of my regular pubs now has a sign behind the bar saying that from now on, all mixers will be diet to fall into line with sugar tax pricing.

No way could I ever envisage buying a JD & Diet Coke from a pub! Even with the heavy booze I can still taste the aspartame.

I realise I got a real artificial sweetener problem. I taste it so bad, I can tell it a mile off. Just sad it's probably gonna be in everything from hereon in.

Comment

Nothing more than yet another clumsily and poorly implemented government bow to whiners. So frustrating, it's not the best stuff bur for cheap bulk stock I've been getting Asda Cola, 2ltr and still 49p

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              I've been getting Asda Cola, 2ltr and still 49p
                              Oh man, you're like an ill-informed gran or something who offers you Coca-Cola, then gives you Rola-Cola, Panda Cola or *shudder* own brand supermarket cola.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                                I realise I got a real artificial sweetener problem. I taste it so bad, I can tell it a mile off. Just sad it's probably gonna be in everything from hereon in.
                                I'm the same, but if you switch to diet drinks for a while you don't notice it.

Comment

Working...
                                X