No announcement yet.

Sweet Sensations: The Soda and Snacks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The figures will be broken on the basis of all the people with no dentist like me. My NHS dentist went private a few years ago. I’ve been unable to get another NHS dentist since - the government lists hundreds of them that are supposedly taking on NHS patients and they are not. You ring them and they either say outright no or ask if you want to be added to the waiting list. I’ve been working my way down the entire list in order of distance and I’m about 70 miles from home now without success. Must have made over 100 calls by now over the last couple of years. One of my back teeth crumbled and mostly dropped out recently, thankfully doesn’t hurt yet.

Comment

What I'm hearing is that the sugar tax will be considered a success until more children have their teeth out? Alright, let's see what we can do about this.

Comment

Health Minister: "Ah, little Timmy. You're teeth must be so much better now that you can't afford sweets. I must say, you look a bit thin though... never mind sweets, you can't afford food in general you say?... Timmy... spea.., speak to me Timmy! Oh God... Nurse! We have another one, call an ambulance... oh ****, right, we don't have them either! Timmy, nooo!"

Comment

Coca-Cola Creations: 3000
          The latest limited flavour marred by being only available in Zero format. It's co-created by AI and the brief was the make a flavour that would evoke a Year 3000 Utopia. As usual the cola itself ruins that vision. It's not the worst Creations variant but it's very far from decent still also. There seems to be no agreement on the taste - to me it's a tad sweeter than Zero usually is, some vanilla and a hint of ginger.
          2/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Prime: Cherry Freeze
            The latest version, it's not as pleasant as most of the others but still better than the worst one - lemonade
            2/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Prime: Lemonade
              The opther new version, very simple choice of flavour and yet somehow it all goes tragically wrong. The worst one with ease.
              1/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Prime: Original
                Only available in the fizzy variant and despite the name it's the first I've seen of it so I doubt it's the first one. It's actually alright though
                4/5 Milkshakes

Comment

New Japanese Coke, K-Wave Limited Edition Fruit Fantasy.
                  It's bloody awful. It's got the awful chemical fake bubblegum soda smell but taste like a very week artificial bubble gum drink with extra aniceed and artificial sweeteners. It trully is awful. I could only drink a quarter of the bottle.
                  0 milkshakes.

Last edited by Yakumo; 16-03-2024, 15:40.

Comment

The entire Creations line has been a write off

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      The entire Creations line has been a write off
                      This is the only one I've seen over here. Can't say I have high hopes for any other specials in this range.

Comment

All the ones I've tried have tasted very similar to each other and have a heavy 'chemical' taste. They should have kept it simpler in flavour choice... and not done them as Zero

Comment

Japanese Spring Time Red Bull. In Japanese it says Tropical Pink Grapefruit flavour.
                          Do you remember Lilt? This tastes just like it but with a little red bull thrown in. I take it Lilt isn't a thing any more?

4 out of 5 Milkshakes 👍
                          Last edited by Yakumo; 19-03-2024, 22:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            I take it Lilt isn't a thing any more?
                            Officially speaking no, the brand has been retired unlike other brands that are masters at surviving without most of the public realising such as Turkish Delight, Topic or Tizer. Lilt was wiped out but the flavour survives (kind of) as one of the Fanta flavours. It's been stripped of sugar like most soft drinks over here now so tastes more like cheap mouthwash now.

Speaking of:

Pepsi
                            Not a new flavour, the original. Following last years halving of the originals sugar content levels they have just undergone a rebrand across the range and used it as another window to reduce the sugar levels further. It's not consistent at all with different sizes containing different sugar levels but the current reduction drive goes all the way down to 12% now. That's a far cry from Coca-Cola which is currently holding steady at 37%. The result? Pepsi now tastes like Virgin Cola, awful stuff and effectively a dead brand for me.
                            0/5 Milkshakes

Comment

Oh that's a real shame about Pepsi. I used to really like blue Pepsi cans

I've promoted it on here before but see if you can get yourself some Nigerian Coca Cola. **** is delicious. Absolutely loaded with sugar. I just googled it and you can order it online.

I honestly think if you really want proper sugary drinks and are sufficiently motivated, ordering foreign versions online or buying them in international supermarkets has to be the way forward, like how keen American Coke fans get ahold of the Mexican version instead of the US one.

Comment

It's becoming such a source of frustration. I can buy a wide array of drinks loaded to the hilt with chemicals, pints of alcohol for half the price etc but for some reason the option to buy a normal tasting soda is now deemed beyond a rational option. The sugar tax has been one of the most successful cons of the government and health groups, completely accepted so it looks like something has been done whilst raising money for the coffers - all whilst making no difference at all to public health

Comment

Working...
                                X